• You cannot reply to this topic

I Was So Hype for this Book Spoilers of course

#1 User is offline   Kruppe'sStainedClothing 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:15 PM

And it totally lived up to my expectations

i blew through this one.

loved the cameos of the RotCG crew (Silk, Liss, Ho)

kinda surprised i didnt pick up on the whole Shimmer thing...

Very interested to see K'rul pulling the strings to get Wu and Dorin to the First Throne

I'm also hoping we continue to see Nightchill throughout the rest of the story, she was a character we heard a lot about but didnt get to see.

Her aspect seems very similar to omotose phelleck however.

Probably my favorite esslemont book, but i may be bias because i'm super interested in this storyline..... (Dancer/Kev ascending...)

But even worse news is this is the first time i finished a malaz story and dont have another to read after :cry:

whens the next one come out!!!!!!???? probably gona read ready player one and tap into the first law triology as well

#2 User is offline   sideswipe 

• Recruit

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:42 PM

I agree. It is by far my favorite ICE book and I tore through it. Cotillion was one of my favorite characters from the main series so it was quite the treat.

#3 User is offline   Tatterdemalion 

• I sneeze warrens.
  • Interests:Fantasy, cartography, creativity, finding a readership before I'm cast aside by history, roti.
  • Currently working on my Imbalance series.
    Web: joelminty.com
    Twitter: @JoelMinty

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:47 AM

Finally getting here to post about finishing, just want to mention in some thread here that I, too, thought it was excellent - and yes, it quickly became my favourite ICE nove, though I enjoyed all the others. It was FAST PACED to start, but also three likeable story lines, with a heavy emphasis on the best one (Dancer). So many opportunities to throw back and reference old events... tasy morsel, this. And funny!
Author of Purge of Ashes.
Sayer of "And Nature shall not abide."

#4 User is offline   Infyra 

• Recruit

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:50 AM

View PostKruppe, on 07 August 2016 - 06:15 PM, said:

I'm also hoping we continue to see Nightchill throughout the rest of the story, she was a character we heard a lot about but didnt get to see.

Do we have a hint here that Nightchill could be the Jaghut's patron Azathanai? There is also a hint about this when she speaks to Juage.

#5 User is offline   Amby Bole 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:46 AM

View PostInfyra, on 06 September 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

View PostKruppe, on 07 August 2016 - 06:15 PM, said:

Do we have a hint here that Nightchill could be the Jaghut's patron Azathanai? There is also a hint about this when she speaks to Juage.

The Azathanai living among the Jagut joined Hood's war on death, so i don't think she is the one, mostly because the only one who survived that was Hood, well, at least that we know about. Her aspect is indeed "ice", or more probably "elemental ice" or something like that. It could be her, who knows, honestly that doesn't interest me that much. I would like to see how did she ended up joining the malazan empire. Did she finally meet "Wu"? Did she just watched over them? Did they know who she was or even suspected?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users