Malazan Empire: Comic Adaptation of New Spring (Robert Jordan) - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Comic Adaptation of New Spring (Robert Jordan)

#1 Guest_Binadas_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 07 August 2005 - 09:37 AM

I was wondering if anyone else picked up the first installment of the New Spring comic adaptation.

I generally enjoyed it but didn't like a few tid bits.

I thought the Aiel were not depicted as looking like a people whom had adapted to 3,000 years of living in the desert. Even though it was winter time I would think they would be rather dark in complexion. Maybe they have found a way to sidestep evolution or control the 8 genes that determine skin color?? Beats me?

I also found Moirane and Siuan to look a little too similar. Their depictions vary mostly in height. Hmmm?

ALot of the dialogue was verbatim from the book and many of the scenes look great. I am not sure if I will stick with it since the price (just under $4 an issue) would add up by the end.

I think the GRRM adaptation was better but this is not bad.

ZZZZZZZZZ-Chief

#2 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 August 2005 - 09:45 AM

I'll wait for the whole thing to come out in one volume. Then download it :D Only kidding, I'll splash out :D
Don't fuck with the Culture.

#3 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 14 August 2005 - 01:14 AM

I heard a rumor about a graphic novel of Gardens of the Moon done by the same people that are doing the Jordan comics :D

#4 Guest_Izz_*

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:17 AM

That does sound like a rumor.

#5 User is offline   ChrisW 

• Da'tsang
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 August 2005 - 11:40 PM

I would have thought the novellas would be better suited. Malacylpse rumours are bad :eek: .

#6 Guest_Izz_*

Posted 15 August 2005 - 04:27 AM

I'm actually excited about the WoT comic. I thought it looked kick ass! WoT as a comic would probably be better than the books, in my opinion. Lol, I wanna see the entire series done in comic. That way I don't have to read the rest of the series (like I even would) for the story. I haven't been able to start book 3 for over a year now.

#7 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 August 2005 - 06:32 AM

Adapting a small novel (New Spring) is a much different kettle of fish as adapting a huuuuuge, dense novel (any of the others). I doubt we'll see adaptions of them, but I've been wrong before (I think it was in 1987).
Don't fuck with the Culture.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users