Malazan Empire: Bonehunters Trip in Seven Cities - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bonehunters Trip in Seven Cities Where did they stop on their way out of seven cities?

#1 User is offline   joshuabbutler 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:11 PM

Hi All,

I'm currently building a map based on the Seven Cities sub-continent. I want to create the mountain ranges that will let the Bonehunters travel from Raraku to Y'Ghatan until they get on the boat.

Can someone help?

Thanks.
Josh

#2 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:02 PM

Not sure if I understand the question. There is a map of Seven Cities in one of the books. Is it not detailed enough perhaps?
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#3 User is offline   joshuabbutler 

• Sergeant

Posted 17 July 2016 - 12:40 AM

In the Deadhouse Gates, the trip from Hissar to Aren is created as a map. But in House of Chains, Tavore's army goes from Aren to Raraku. And in Bonehunters, they go from Raraku to the ships off the continent. I'm just wondering if there is a thread on Malazan Empire where I can get the key points without a re-read.

thanks

View PostGorefest, on 16 July 2016 - 09:02 PM, said:

Not sure if I understand the question. There is a map of Seven Cities in one of the books. Is it not detailed enough perhaps?

#4 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 17 July 2016 - 08:56 PM

I have currently not the books with me, so I can't check it.
If I remember correctly, the Bonehunters went the same way back the Chain of Dogs used until they reached the Vathar. Afterwards they went north and were attacked by Leomans soldiers until they reached the Raraku. Not sure if there any special landmarks were mentioned.

After Raraku the followed the remains of the Army of the Apocalypse to Y'Ghatan. Most of the journey was not shown, they nearly had reached Y'Ghatan at the beginning of the Bonehunters. After the Siege the next city the army reached was Sotka. Can't remember any details about the mountain range.

Are you planing to do a detailed map for the whole subcontinent or just the path of the bonehunters? I'm currently doing a reread of Deadhouse Gates for the german wiki and could provide some informations from that book

This post has been edited by - Coltaine -: 19 July 2016 - 05:06 AM

#5 User is offline   joshuabbutler 

• Sergeant

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:16 AM

That sounds about right. Thanks so much!

View Post- Coltaine -, on 17 July 2016 - 08:56 PM, said:

I have currently not the books with me, so I can't check it.
If I remember correctly, the Bonehunters went the same way back the Chain of Dogs used until they reached the Vathar. Afterwards they went north and were attacked by Leomans soldiers until they reached the Raraku. Not sure if there any special landmarks were mentioned.

After Raraku the followed the remains of the Army of the Apocalypse to Y'Ghatan. Most of the journey was not shown, they nearly had reached Y'Ghatan at the beginning of the Bonehunters. After the Siege the first the next city the army reached was Sotka. Can't remember any deatils about the mountain range.

Are you planing to do a detailed map for the whole subcontinent or just the path of the bonehunters? I'm currently doing a reread of Deadhouse Gates for the german wiki and could provide some informations from that book

#6 User is offline   joshuabbutler 

• Sergeant

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:57 AM

I think I'll need to tweak my mountains to account for Tavore's march to Raraku.... though, thanks for pointing that out.

#7 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:43 AM

Glad to help. Good luck with the rest of the map. :blink:
I guess I'm not the only one who would like to see it once you are finished.

#8 User is offline   joshuabbutler 

• Sergeant

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:55 PM

I'll be happy to share. Though at this rate, it seems to take forever. Every time I do a mountain range, I learn something new.

#9 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:36 AM

I'm writing the german malazan wiki. I know exactly how it is if something takes forever :D

Good Luck

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users