Malazan Empire: Pokemon Go - Malazan Empire

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pokemon Go

#41 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:20 AM

Forum's gone insane! Nice one Obdi!
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#42 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:38 AM

I found Meowth standing on a street corner. I'm pretty sure he was pimping drugs.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#43 User is offline   Lizradusa 

• A Flare Unholiest
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:13 PM

View PostTraveller, on 17 July 2016 - 10:27 AM, said:

My phone is apparently running android 4.3, not the 4.4 needed for Pokemon.

But I like my s3! Nobody would go get an upgrade just so they could catch pokemon, would they?!

I did. I put cyanogen mod 4.4 on my phone, only to find out, that the appstore still won't let me download it. I had to download it from an external source. :blink:
Posted Image 'Tired of Wasting Time, Let LizInc organize your lazyness!' - Obdigore Posted Image

#44 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:54 PM

How has anyone got OS that old I thought phones kind of made you upgrade after a while?

Mind you, I'm on the Nexus 6P so my phone spend a few minutes doing stuff every now and then and suddenly everything is shiny and new...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#45 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:33 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 20 July 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

How has anyone got OS that old I thought phones kind of made you upgrade after a while?

Hey, it's not that old! When I finally caved and got a contract, I think the S6 or 7 was just coming out. I got an S3 on a cheap contract with unlimited internet - and it's been awesome ever since.

I really don't get why people have to spend hundreds on the next upgrade as soon as it hits the shelves. I don't even know why most people bother with iPhones, most of my friends with them are usually complaining about their lack of upgradable space; when one froze the other day they couldn't even take the battery out - they were quite miffed that I have a spare battery for my S3 that I swap when it gets low. And a memory expansion I can use in my galaxy tab.

If more stuff shows up that I can't play as the os is out of date I'll look for an upgrade, but I'm not doing it just for Pokemon.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 20 July 2016 - 10:50 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#46 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:59 AM

been seeing lots of kids out on the streets in the evening staring at their phones as they walk.

I might have been tempted, potentially, but I'm on a Crackberry, so no pokeymons for me.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#47 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:53 AM

View PostTraveller, on 20 July 2016 - 10:33 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 20 July 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

Hey, it's not that old! When I finally caved and got a contract, I think the S6 or 7 was just coming out. I got an S3 on a cheap contract with unlimited internet - and it's been awesome ever since.

I really don't get why people have to spend hundreds on the next upgrade as soon as it hits the shelves. I don't even know why most people bother with iPhones, most of my friends with them are usually complaining about their lack of upgradable space; when one froze the other day they couldn't even take the battery out - they were quite miffed that I have a spare battery for my S3 that I swap when it gets low. And a memory expansion I can use in my galaxy tab.

If more stuff shows up that I can't play as the os is out of date I'll look for an upgrade, but I'm not doing it just for Pokemon.

Nah, the phone is fine, the OS is the thing. The Galaxy S3 should be able to update to a newer version of Android for free. I didn't mean upgrade your phone (I had an S2 for ages, I loved that phone!) but you should be able to upgrade OS. Check with Android and/or you network carrier.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#48 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:21 AM

am getting an upgrade on my phone just to play this app.

Using an old motorola android that looks like a crackberry (wanted the physical keyboard)

#49 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:25 PM

We had a guy jump off a bridge onto a dual carrisgeway yesterday (basically a freeway) chasing a Pokemon.

Normally his type of thing pisses me off as it's more people glued to their damn phones, but it's basically a host of new players vying for a Darwin award

#50 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:04 PM

View PostLizradusa, on 20 July 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 17 July 2016 - 10:27 AM, said:

My phone is apparently running android 4.3, not the 4.4 needed for Pokemon.

But I like my s3! Nobody would go get an upgrade just so they could catch pokemon, would they?!

I did. I put cyanogen mod 4.4 on my phone, only to find out, that the appstore still won't let me download it. I had to download it from an external source. :blink:

My wife wants me to do this to hers. Maybe at the weekend, it's not like there's anything better to do that stare gormlessly into a phone whilst walking into trees for hours is there?
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#51 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:23 PM

Played for an hour, and it was kind a nifty, but overall I was kinda meh on it. Deleted the app and my Niantic account. Can't be bothered.

Sidebar: There is a goddamned Pokestop outside our condo in the park below and every single night from about 9PM to midnight-ish it's FILLED with people (usually it's only the domain of a random druggie sketchpad or homeless person) and collectively they are loud enough that I can hear them through closed windows. If this happens once the baby is born and trying to sleep, I will have no problem calling the fuzz on them for a noise violation. Yep, I'm THAT cranky old man.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#52 User is offline   Hairshirt 

• Lieutenant

Posted 22 July 2016 - 12:50 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 21 July 2016 - 07:23 PM, said:

Played for an hour, and it was kind a nifty, but overall I was kinda meh on it. Deleted the app and my Niantic account. Can't be bothered.

Sidebar: There is a goddamned Pokestop outside our condo in the park below and every single night from about 9PM to midnight-ish it's FILLED with people (usually it's only the domain of a random druggie sketchpad or homeless person) and collectively they are loud enough that I can hear them through closed windows. If this happens once the baby is born and trying to sleep, I will have no problem calling the fuzz on them for a noise violation. Yep, I'm THAT cranky old man.

Make some cash off it like this little girl.... diapers are expensive!

http://www.telegraph...lising-her-hou/

#53 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:05 PM

I don't get why people congregate around a poke stop. Spin the picture, get your loot, move on.
Error: Signature not valid

#54 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:10 PM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 22 July 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

I don't get why people congregate around a poke stop. Spin the picture, get your loot, move on.

I THINK (I could be wrong) that dropping lures at pokestops bring the pokemons to the yard?

At any rate, yeah, it's hours. And it's bad enough that the two city garbage containers in the park can't handle all the shit that people are eating and disposing of ....so we just have piles of offing garbage by shitty reprobates who can't be arsed to hang onto their crap till they find a garbage that's NOT overflowing.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#55 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:18 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 22 July 2016 - 05:10 PM, said:

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 22 July 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

I THINK (I could be wrong) that dropping lures at pokestops bring the pokemons to the yard?

At any rate, yeah, it's hours. And it's bad enough that the two city garbage containers in the park can't handle all the shit that people are eating and disposing of ....so we just have piles of offing garbage by shitty reprobates who can't be arsed to hang onto their crap till they find a garbage that's NOT overflowing.

Exactly - people congregate, then drop a lure on the pokestop, and as long as you stay near the lure, you'll get a whole whack of pokemon appearing. It's like using Incense, except instead of it just being on you, it's on a pokestop.

I've gotten some of my best pokemon from lured pokestops.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#56 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:24 AM

Pokestops restock every 5 minutes too. So you can just hang out there for an hour and 12 spins vs walking around for an hour and maybe hitting fewer pokestops.

#57 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 28 July 2016 - 08:11 PM

Got a Ponyta out of an Egg yesterday, first time I've gotten something other than a Pidgey or Zubat or Weedle or Drowzee, so that was pretty exciting!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#58 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:00 PM

My eggs are all pretty decent I got a Bulbasaur out of one of them!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#59 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:46 PM

I caught a Pinser last night, and now I'm also about 1/3 of the way towards hatching a 10k egg. So help me god if it's another damn Eevee...

#60 User is offline   Hairshirt 

• Lieutenant

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:17 AM

Evee can be good when you evolve it right. Change the name to Rainer before you evolve and it will become a good Vaporean.

This site will calculate the evolution for you.

http://pogotoolkit.com/

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users