Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Summary of the book?

#1 User is offline   Manderley 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:55 AM

Can someone provide a detailed summary of this book? I've found this book to be turgid and well, a bit rubbish to be honest. Been stuck half way through the book for a good few months now and have zero interest or motivation to see it through. But I don't want to give up on this series entirely...

#2 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:59 AM

In summary:

It is awesome. It is one of the most rewarding books of the entire series upon a reread. It sets the scene for a lot of the story arc to come. The turgidity that you experience will pass and everything will start to fall into place in the latter half of the book. Years from now, if you do keep up the stamina and resolve to finish the series and come to love it as so many of us here do, you will look back upon this thread and smile in bemused reminiscence of the person you once were and the depths of emotion and compassion you had yet to explore. Don't stray from the path, battle on, and trust in the author. The rewards will be sweet.

[edit] Just some things to keep in mind to put this book in perspective: after books 1-4, which roughly introduced two main story arcs (the whirlwind rebellion and the pannion domin), MT introduces you to the third and final piece of the groundwork setting. By the end of this book, which is partly a retelling of the history of Trull and his Tiste Edur kin who were introduced in book 4, and partly an introduction to the final big set of actors in this epic play, the three strands will start to converge from book 6 onwards.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 07 July 2016 - 09:10 AM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#3 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:33 AM

Yah that's the long answer, and a pretty good one. The short answer is, of course: no.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:13 PM

A detailed summary? No problem. :Rodeo:

http://malazan.wikia..._Tides/Prologue

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users