• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Overwatch

#1 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:53 AM

Anyone else got an addiction to this game? Anyone else feels like swapping battletags?

#2 User is offline   royce 

• Recruit

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:39 AM

Oh yes! my tag is Atreides#2638

This post has been edited by royce: 05 June 2016 - 09:15 AM

#3 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:31 AM

I can't really get into the game.

The lack of some kind of character progression makes the continued play seem sort of pointless. Which is sort of sad, I can't enjoy the game unless it has some kind of carrot.

Also the whole Die... Wait until respawn... run all the way back to where the combat is... die... rinse repeat cycle annoys me greatly. There should be a better checkpoint system in the game.

That said, it's a very fun shooter. I love the variety in character types and attacks. I am hoping more and better gameplay modes are introduced later. Hell, just a simple Free-for-all mode would be nice.

#4 User is offline   royce 

• Recruit

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:15 PM

I agree that there should be more and better modes, but for now i am having a blast just playing quick mode. In the beginning I thought it was kind of pointless too, but several hours later I must say that it gets better and better. When you really learn how to play a character it really is super funny and rewarding.

#5 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 05 June 2016 - 03:06 AM

ESGunslinger#1578, feel free to add me. I split my online time between this and League. Had a great time for the little I've played, I'm not very good but the game is very well designed. I just wish people would be more conscious about the fact that it's often necessary to swap characters mid-round.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#6 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:19 AM

Been playing, can confirm game is very fun. WTB a few non-terrible random teammates once in a while, though.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#7 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight

Posted 09 June 2016 - 04:35 AM

DESktop has gone kaput ill add you guys when its actually working.

@apt i can understand that, i guess it just means shooters are your cup of tea which is totally fine.

@defiance if you play league try hitting up emperor magus, he and I used to play tons of league together before i quit due to lack of free time

#8 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:26 PM

Comp working

Sent you guys both a request: balroglord#1876

#9 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:59 AM

I just started playing this. Really horrible at it but it's fun.

Anomander#1874
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#10 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 15 September 2016 - 12:27 PM

I'm now playing on X1 after it was on freeplay weekend via XBL. Rolla D.va for maximum trollage - got POTG within 3 matches.

There's something deliciously satisfying about having a Pharah, McCree or Roadhug ulting and just sticking Defense Matrix into their face.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#11 User is offline   Dadding 

• Shaved Knuckle in the Hole

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:54 PM

I've been loving it, but seeing how I sunk over 3,000 hours into TF2, that's not much of a surprise. Would love to play with you guys sometime if anyone's still playing. Name is Dadding#11968, I'll add you guys when I get to a desktop.

#12 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:34 PM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 23 August 2016 - 06:59 AM, said:

I just started playing this. Really horrible at it but it's fun.

Anomander#1874

View PostDadding, on 15 September 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

I've been loving it, but seeing how I sunk over 3,000 hours into TF2, that's not much of a surprise. Would love to play with you guys sometime if anyone's still playing. Name is Dadding#11968, I'll add you guys when I get to a desktop.

snet you both a request

#13 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:59 PM

I'm only on XB1 myself. Shoryukos is the tag.

On the subject of TF2 - this feels like what TF2 should have been.

#14 User is offline   Dadding 

• Shaved Knuckle in the Hole

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:47 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 15 September 2016 - 02:59 PM, said:

I loved TF2 for a long, long time. I played it for years, even competitively for a few different teams. And I put several hundred hours into the precursor: TFC. But I feel like it's lived a bit too long now. They nuked community servers a while back by adding quick play servers, the latest competitive mode forces viewmodel and graphics settings whose previous customizability was one of the strongest points of the game, and the development team has been pushing cosmetic-driven updates rather than gameplay driven updates for a long time now.

Switching to Overwatch was fun because they consciously took out some of the things that make FPS games not-fun: like ammo pickups. And the whole idea of each character having an ultimate ability is different from a game revolving around a single Ubercharge. The latter made competitive TF2 a bit stale, I feel like there's more room in Overwatch to branch out in terms of which heroes to pick and how to structure your strategies.

I'm still not sure I'm willing to say if either game is "better" than the other, because Team Fortress holds a very special place in my heart, but I'm playing a lot more Overwatch lately than TF2.

LinearPhilosopher and I were just discussing that we almost have enough for a whole Malazan Overwatch team. Maybe we should brainstorm team names Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:55 PM

View PostDadding, on 15 September 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

I loved TF2 for a long, long time. I played it for years, even competitively for a few different teams. And I put several hundred hours into the precursor: TFC. But I feel like it's lived a bit too long now. They nuked community servers a while back by adding quick play servers, the latest competitive mode forces viewmodel and graphics settings whose previous customizability was one of the strongest points of the game, and the development team has been pushing cosmetic-driven updates rather than gameplay driven updates for a long time now.

Switching to Overwatch was fun because they consciously took out some of the things that make FPS games not-fun: like ammo pickups. And the whole idea of each character having an ultimate ability is different from a game revolving around a single Ubercharge. The latter made competitive TF2 a bit stale, I feel like there's more room in Overwatch to branch out in terms of which heroes to pick and how to structure your strategies.

I'm still not sure I'm willing to say if either game is "better" than the other, because Team Fortress holds a very special place in my heart, but I'm playing a lot more Overwatch lately than TF2.

LinearPhilosopher and I were just discussing that we almost have enough for a whole Malazan Overwatch team. Maybe we should brainstorm team names Posted Image

I hated TF2 with a passion (take my fucking Concs will you? Dicks!) and when OW came out I avoided it for the longest time based on the comparisons. OW is just straight up stupid fun.

#16 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:08 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 15 September 2016 - 04:55 PM, said:

I hated TF2 with a passion (take my fucking Concs will you? Dicks!) and when OW came out I avoided it for the longest time based on the comparisons. OW is just straight up stupid fun.

Play some soloque competitive and come back to me on that part.

God I must be some special kind of stupid masochist.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#17 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:32 AM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 15 September 2016 - 07:08 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 15 September 2016 - 04:55 PM, said:

Play some soloque competitive and come back to me on that part.

God I must be some special kind of stupid masochist.

I would but I'm only level 15.

#18 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:43 AM

I was yelling at the screen within 10 minutes.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#19 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:47 AM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 16 September 2016 - 07:43 AM, said:

Yeah I imagine I've caused that. Defense Matrix is troll gold.

#20 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 17 September 2016 - 02:51 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 16 September 2016 - 10:47 AM, said:

View PostEmperorMagus, on 16 September 2016 - 07:43 AM, said:

Yeah I imagine I've caused that. Defense Matrix is troll gold.

Sorry but no one cares about the enemy team.

The greatest enemies are your allies. I swear to god I want to kill the guy playing Widowmaker on KOTH maps or the idiots that choose genji and keep dying.

Now mind you, I've done my share of "non-optimal" picks but only in quickplay, competitive is what makes it infuriating.

This post has been edited by EmperorMagus: 17 September 2016 - 02:52 AM

Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users