Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vengeance...

#1 User is offline   Kruppe'sStainedClothing 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:18 PM

First just like to say i have no finished the book yet. I literally just finished book 3 a few moments ago and must say that was some pretty powerful stuff.

This book is much darker and grimmer than the rest of the series, i wonder if that has to do with the ongoing theme of darkness in this story

But anyway, i figured that sword would be vengeance, but it was such an awesome way to see it birthed, plus the foreshadowing of Toll of the Hounds IMO

"Vengeance deceives. When you see its road to be narrow it is in truth wide. When you see it wide the path is less than a thread. Name your sword Vengeance, brother, and it will ever claim the wrong blood.In this blade's wake, i see the death of a thousand innocents."

Our friend Traveler im sure understands that now as well....

Also i gota love how Erikson pretty much makes me hate Anomander in this book. Sichas is still just as dope as he is in the other novels, i guess a little less brooding however. He will forever be my favorite Son of Darkness.

#2 User is offline   Randomander 

• Soletaken Dragon Reborn

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:48 PM

View PostKruppe, on 16 May 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

First just like to say i have no finished the book yet. I literally just finished book 3 a few moments ago and must say that was some pretty powerful stuff.

This book is much darker and grimmer than the rest of the series, i wonder if that has to do with the ongoing theme of darkness in this story

But anyway, i figured that sword would be vengeance, but it was such an awesome way to see it birthed, plus the foreshadowing of Toll of the Hounds IMO

"Vengeance deceives. When you see its road to be narrow it is in truth wide. When you see it wide the path is less than a thread. Name your sword Vengeance, brother, and it will ever claim the wrong blood.In this blade's wake, i see the death of a thousand innocents."

Also i gota love how Erikson pretty much makes me hate Anomander in this book. Sichas is still just as dope as he is in the other novels, i guess a little less brooding however. He will forever be my favorite Son of Darkness.

I have to say, I didn't hate Anomander whatsoever in this book and I don't understand why you feel that way; care to explain?

#3 User is offline   Kruppe'sStainedClothing 

• Recruit

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:34 PM

View PostRandomander, on 16 May 2016 - 06:48 PM, said:

View PostKruppe, on 16 May 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

I have to say, I didn't hate Anomander whatsoever in this book and I don't understand why you feel that way; care to explain?

Just finished the novel. it was excellent.

As i finished the story i did see Anomander in a new light. At first he reacts childishly with the quick discussion on vengeance yet the rest of the novel he is indecisive as fuck about what to do. He wants his mommy to approve of his decision and name an enemy for him to use his sword on but she refuses, so he sulks. He procrastinates the entire story but unlike the man i know he becomes, he doesnt execute a plan at all to save the day at the end of the novel.

its not as much as i hated him, its just that it wasnt the anomander i knew and it was hard for me to deal with lol

#4 User is offline   GnosticArchon 

• Recruit

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:21 AM

As i finished the story i did see Anomander in a new light. At first he reacts childishly with the quick discussion on vengeance yet the rest of the novel he is indecisive as fuck about what to do. He wants his mommy to approve of his decision and name an enemy for him to use his sword on but she refuses, so he sulks. He procrastinates the entire story but unlike the man i know he becomes, he doesnt execute a plan at all to save the day at the end of the novel.

In a new light, yeah, as he's so much younger. In his conversation with Andarist over Enesdia's body he reacted that way because Andarist wanted to sulk and grieve and draw no more blood, completely disregarding the bigger picture of what was happening in Kurald Galain. Anomander wanted to act in retribution with his brother's blessing, as all three brothers are some of the most important people in the realm.

It's a whole political/religious clusterfuck right now and Mother Dark will not give him direction. Silchas tries to prod him into action, but it seems that any action he takes will have unseen repercussions. His job is to be an extension of Mother Dark's will, but she appears to be lacking will - in his eyes, at least.

That's how I saw it anyway.

This post has been edited by GnosticArchon: 17 February 2017 - 08:21 AM

#5 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:28 PM

What?
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#6 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:29 PM

Oh sorry I just saw the title and thought that someone was too lazy to pm me. :D
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users