• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alloy of Law - "The Roughs" a.k.a STRAYA

#1 User is offline   Jimmyboiii 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:52 AM

G'day.

As an Aussie, I actually can't begin to describe my appreciation for The Roughs.
Australia, in all honesty, has a pretty shit history. The Aboriginals were tribe type people, who really didn't get up to much. Then you have China with ninjas, Japan with samurais and America with the Wild Wild West.

Sanderson has pretty much got the wild wild west and Australia together and produced there extremely good looking off spring.

It may be hard to understand this, because I am Aussie, but my Aussie accent is pretty fucking good, if I do say so myself. So immitating Wayne is actually that much fun and I actually think it suits so well.

Did anyone else pick up on the Aussie theme with the Roughs or am I just delusional?

Can't wait to hook into the next few books!

Fair Dinkum Mates, well in!

#2 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:43 AM

I haven't read it yet. My desire to read Sanderson was recently very heavily damaged. I'm sort of curious being that it's within the Mistborn world, but at the same time I'm leery of spoiling Mistborn by reading the expanded world stuff around it.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#3 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:47 AM

I don't know much about Australia so I missed that part. i thought it was Sanderson's take on the American West.

#4 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:33 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 20 April 2016 - 10:43 AM, said:

I haven't read it yet. My desire to read Sanderson was recently very heavily damaged. I'm sort of curious being that it's within the Mistborn world, but at the same time I'm leery of spoiling Mistborn by reading the expanded world stuff around it.

It would totally spoil. Read the mist born trilogy first
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users