Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Y'Ghatan

#1 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 March 2016 - 11:37 PM

This might not necessarily deserve a topic of it's own, I just felt a burning desire to finally post on here about my absolute and undying love for the entire section with Fiddler's squad beneath Y'Ghatan! It is so perfectly written, undoubtedly the greatest section so far in the series (and I say this having read up to the end of RG now), probably the greatest section of writing in anything I have ever read in the entire genre (admittedly the amount of fantasy I have read is somewhat lacking in comparison to many of the regulars on here.) I honestly hold it up there with the best stuff I have ever read, any genre at all tbh, I simply loved the whole part from beginning to end.
"I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust." T.S Eliot - The Wasteland

#2 User is offline   Soletaken1 

• Recruit

Posted 28 March 2016 - 01:32 PM

Yeah I totally agree the writing was fantastic. Imo the best part about it was that it was at the half way stage of the book, which gave the book the epic scale and excitement from start to finish (which is something I wish some of the other books had).

#3 User is offline   iso9001 

• Lieutenant

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:41 PM

I agree. The excellent thing about that part is, it could have been a single book with another author but in Erikson's world, it is only one chapter (or two) :nuke:

Regards
I am the master of my fate.. I am the captain of my soul..

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users