Malazan Empire: Kilava and Onrack's Progeny - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kilava and Onrack's Progeny Is Kilava really the mother of humankind?

#1 User is offline   Dr. Philodox 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:32 PM

Just wondering about how Kilava came to be considered the mother of the Human race. Were there other Imass who did not go through with the ritual besides Kialva? This would explain how the Imass continued to procreate..unless they started breeding with another species somewhere along the way? Is it possible that the Whirlwind Goddess exaggerated Kilava's role in all this? She is super insane and bitter afterall.

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:49 AM

View PostAbysmalSpreadsheet, on 10 March 2016 - 10:32 PM, said:

Just wondering about how Kilava came to be considered the mother of the Human race. Were there other Imass who did not go through with the ritual besides Kialva? This would explain how the Imass continued to procreate..unless they started breeding with another species somewhere along the way? Is it possible that the Whirlwind Goddess exaggerated Kilava's role in all this? She is super insane and bitter afterall.

I used to go with some version of the Eve myth, but have since decided the Goddess was simply batshite crazypants.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   Dr. Philodox 

• Recruit

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:28 PM

Regarding the Imass and the vow of Tellan wouldn't it make more sense to Imass (ahem) an army of volunteers to take up the vow and protect a smaller population of living kin? I don't buy that they would sacrifice their entire people just to make the world a safer place for the other poxy races. Perhaps they had to carry out the ritual in complete unity in order for it to work? This does not seem to be the case however as both Kilava and Onos stride in the flesh.

Is it stated anywhere in the series that the vow was optional? I seem to recall a quote that states that modern humans descend from those Imass "that did not make it in time to take up the vow" or something similar. This implies that the continuation of their line was purely accidental.. I still prefer this possibility over the idea that all humans descend from one specific woman.

This post has been edited by AbysmalSpreadsheet: 22 March 2016 - 11:35 PM

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:06 AM

RAFO.so much RAFO.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5 User is offline   Biddster84 

• Recruit

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:09 PM

In MoI I am certain that one of Moranth say that the Barghast are decedents of T'Lan Imass ( and I think the Moranth are in some way related too) that missed the Vow Ritual as they were at sea - or where a sea faring tribe of some sort.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users