• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New reader - LOVE Deadhouse gates

#1 User is offline   Hammerhead88 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:10 PM

Hi,

I don't usually ready much Fantasy, however I happened to pick up Gardens of the Moon a little while back. I have just finished Deadhouse gates and absolutely loved it!!

It's quite draining so I think I will read something else before moving onto Memories of Ice, which is already on my bookshelf!! From what I read on here it just gets better, so I cannot wait! :D

#2 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 07 March 2016 - 02:28 PM

View Postcharles.clayton1988, on 07 March 2016 - 12:10 PM, said:

Hi,

I don't usually ready much Fantasy, however I happened to pick up Gardens of the Moon a little while back. I have just finished Deadhouse gates and absolutely loved it!!

It's quite draining so I think I will read something else before moving onto Memories of Ice, which is already on my bookshelf!! From what I read on here it just gets better, so I cannot wait! :D

Yes the series gets better and better. It increases in complexity and scope until you just need to stop and think for a bit to understand the sheer size of it all

#3 User is offline   Esa1996 

• Fist

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:32 PM

View PostAndorion, on 07 March 2016 - 02:28 PM, said:

View Postcharles.clayton1988, on 07 March 2016 - 12:10 PM, said:

Hi,

Yes the series gets better and better. It increases in complexity and scope until you just need to stop and think for a bit to understand the sheer size of it all

And that feeling never goes away with this series. It keeps on expanding with each book released. Already after Erikson's 10 book main series the world was one of the biggest I've ever seen / read about. With ICE's Novels of the Malazan Empire series, his prequel trilogy + Erikson's prequel trilogy, the world is just insane in scope (And wait, there's more stuff coming). I used to think the world of ASOIAF had it all. Then I though the world in WOT had it all. I still think Malazan world has it all. :D

This post has been edited by Esa1996: 07 March 2016 - 06:33 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users