Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

IDENTITY Spoiled. HELP!

#1 User is offline   Tuck.For.com 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:47 AM

in all seriousness. I've just finished GoTM and I loved it. I appreciate the no spoon feeding vibe that SE uses. However under unfortunate circumstances I decided to get on tor.com to do a full recap of all chapters, hence the screen name, which I ended up reading the "re-read" synopsis of the prologue. Which lead to, YOU KNOW WHAT! Me learning who two major players were in this AMAZING telling. This really hit me bad that it was revealed in such a crappy way. Anyways I was hoping someone could tell me when it was revealed in Deadhouse, specifically how many pages in.??? Hopefully this won't affect my over all love for the series . Happy reading/re-reading to EVERYONE and thanks in advance.

#2 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:10 AM

The Tor reread started with Night of Knives, a prequel to MBotF, so unfortunately it continues to have minor spoilers from that book (which on first read should fit into slot 5 or 6).

Anyway, this particular revelation comes less than a quarter into DG (within Book One), so you wouldn't have had to wait long, and it's not going to spoil your reading. It's not a climactic scene, just more like things clicking into place in conversation, as things do.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:34 AM

Oops, I meant slot 6 or 7 (before or after The Bonehunters).

#4 User is offline   Tuck.For.com 

• Recruit

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:04 PM

Zoolanderis Derake said:

1457084091[/url]' post='1223234']

Quite relieved now thanks. I see you everywhere on the forum and kinda fan boying right now that I got a reply from the ALL MIGHTY Zoolanderis lol. Ty a lot tho FR. I woke up feeling like I didn't want to continue reading as much and frustrated . +1 rep and hope to post here under TCG section in no time. Happy reading :D

#5 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:42 PM

View PostTuck.For.com, on 04 March 2016 - 03:04 PM, said:

View PostZoolanderis Derake, on 04 March 2016 - 09:34 AM, said:

Quite relieved now thanks. I see you everywhere on the forum and kinda fan boying right now that I got a reply from the ALL MIGHTY Zoolanderis lol. Ty a lot tho FR. I woke up feeling like I didn't want to continue reading as much and frustrated . +1 rep and hope to post here under TCG section in no time. Happy reading :D

Don't worry, as spoilers go, it was a fairly minor one. Important tip: Never google ANYTHING. If unsure, ask us.

#6 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:43 PM

All hail the ALL MIGHTY Zoolanderis Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:44 PM

Call the press, Worry is famous now. He has fanboys.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#8 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:52 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 March 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

And he can never change his name back as its being included in royal proclamations now

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:58 PM

View PostAndorion, on 04 March 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

All hail the ALL MIGHTY Zoolanderis Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 March 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

So much wrong in this thread SO MUCH WRONG.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#10 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:26 PM

Remember that thread a new user made a year or two ago, where the guy called Worry an asshole? I thought that was really funny.

#11 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 March 2016 - 10:06 PM

You gotta link it. That coulda been any number of threads from any number of people.

#12 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 04 March 2016 - 10:48 PM

View PostZoolanderis Derake, on 04 March 2016 - 10:06 PM, said:

You gotta link it. That coulda been any number of threads from any number of people.

You're not really a member here until someone calls you an asshole. The first post I remember Worry posting in was one where I drunkenly berated a non-fan of Dust of Dreams. Mod removals and such.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#13 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:50 AM

That was back when you said "Don't like Dust of Dreams? Well you can eat my dust!" and it was very controversial.

#14 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:36 AM

View PostZoolanderis Derake, on 05 March 2016 - 02:50 AM, said:

That was back when you said "Don't like Dust of Dreams? Well you can eat my dust!" and it was very controversial.

Yes, yes. That is exactly what I said. Uh-huh. 100%. I'm so glad you reminded them that the dust that they would be eating would be of dreams, and not pollution.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#15 User is offline   Esa1996 

• Fist

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:16 PM

Like Andorion said, don't google anything. Not even pictures as even they spoil stuff too. Also, were I you, I wouldn't read the read through at TOR until I'd read the series through. I tried reading it simultaneously at some point but came to the conclusion that there is always a risk of spoilers so I stopped. IIRC the other guy has read the series through and has spoilers in his text. The other, who is reading it for the first time and can't spoil stuff exactly, might still notice stuff ahead of time and spoil the surprise for when it's finally revealed in the book. For example the identity stuff that you had spoiled for you is actually told already in the first or second chapter of Gardens of the Moon, it's just that at that point very few people notice it as they are still trying to make sense of the big picture and not paying attention to details.

#16 User is offline   Tuck.For.com 

• Recruit

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:31 AM

Zoolanderis Derake said:

1457082646[/url]' post='1223233']
The Tor reread started with Night of Knives, a prequel to MBotF, so unfortunately it continues to have minor spoilers from that book (which on first read should fit into slot 5 or 6).

Anyway, this particular revelation comes less than a quarter into DG (within Book One), so you wouldn't have had to wait long, and it's not going to spoil your reading. It's not a climactic scene, just more like things clicking into place in conversation, as things do.

Well I screwed up again by Google imaging Felisin. About 100 pages in DG. Figured out something of her, like I did when i wanted to see what kruppe looked like and it says "the eel" right under him. Like WTF WHY do they put the A.K.A. Like that ?? So stupid. Anyways, much appreciated if someone could let me know AGAIN lol ;'( , when Felisin's I.d. Comes up. Even if it's in later books. Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by Tuck.For.com: 06 March 2016 - 06:33 AM

#17 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 March 2016 - 07:13 AM

I'm afraid that's a "burn me once, shame on you. burn me twice, shame on me" situation. Just stop googling. Read the books and you'll get all the information you need.

#18 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:46 AM

View PostTuck.For.com, on 06 March 2016 - 06:31 AM, said:

View PostZoolanderis Derake, on 04 March 2016 - 09:10 AM, said:

Well I screwed up again by Google imaging Felisin. About 100 pages in DG. Figured out something of her, like I did when i wanted to see what kruppe looked like and it says "the eel" right under him. Like WTF WHY do they put the A.K.A. Like that ?? So stupid. Anyways, much appreciated if someone could let me know AGAIN lol ;'( , when Felisin's I.d. Comes up. Even if it's in later books. Thanks in advance.

This si the exact scenario the Malazan Wiki image gallery was created for. The galleries contain fanart sorted by book. Once you have finished a book then you can view all the fanart in that books gallery. Stick with this rule and stay away from google. Let us be your google.

#19 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:40 PM

View PostAndorion, on 06 March 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

This si the exact scenario the Malazan Wiki image gallery was created for. The galleries contain fanart sorted by book. Once you have finished a book then you can view all the fanart in that books gallery. Stick with this rule and stay away from google. Let us be your google.

This is how cults start.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#20 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 06 March 2016 - 01:49 PM

View PostGorefest, on 06 March 2016 - 12:40 PM, said:

View PostAndorion, on 06 March 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

This is how cults start.

Hey don't look at me! Abyss is the one with all the brain modifications and mind wipes and stuff! I am just the friendly face at the front door....:D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users