Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Apsalar's Hitlist (spoilers)

#1 User is offline   Mott Heavy 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:26 AM

I'm trying to get a handle on what sorry' purpose was throughout the whole plan. In this book she had a specific list starting with a nameless ones priest, followed by quick bens sister (poliel priest) and I may have forgotten a few, but ending with pearl's little bitch-made ass. Did I miss any? and how do these fit together in the grander scheme of shadow thrones plan?

#2 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:09 PM

View PostMott Heavy, on 06 February 2016 - 11:26 AM, said:

I'm trying to get a handle on what sorry' purpose was throughout the whole plan. In this book she had a specific list starting with a nameless ones priest, followed by quick bens sister (poliel priest) and I may have forgotten a few, but ending with pearl's little bitch-made ass. Did I miss any? and how do these fit together in the grander scheme of shadow thrones plan?

Mostly tying up loose ends. Part of it I think is for Ammanas and Cotillion to see how capable she is, and also keep someone useful around and actively working for them.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#3 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:29 PM

Forgetting, but lets see

Nameless one - because they now want Icarium to rage and thats bad

Sister - not sure

Pearl - because he took down Kalam. I think Apsalar was there to make sure the Adjunct made it, but since Kalam did that job she finished Pearl

#4 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:53 PM

View PostAndorion, on 06 February 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

Forgetting, but lets see

Nameless one - because they now want Icarium to rage and thats bad

Sister - not sure

Pearl - because he took down Kalam. I think Apsalar was there to make sure the Adjunct made it, but since Kalam did that job she finished Pearl

The Nameless Ones, as part of their getting Icarium to rage plan, also released Dejim or whatever that thing's name was, which was also bad. So Shadowthrone and Cotillion had a few reasons to want them weakened.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#5 User is offline   Toc_theyounger 

• Recruit

Posted 11 October 2016 - 05:31 PM

I was thinking they all had connections to one or the other organizations that had interests in seeing ST and Cotillion removed from their...well, Shadowthrone. Just thinking on the spot, but they all also seem to be to be in one way or the other related the CG. But Pearl...that one doesn't make sense. Maybe because he might've had some relation to the usurper Talon organization? *Shrug

#6 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 12 October 2016 - 03:51 AM

Pearl was one of Laseen's best and there was a decent chance that he would side with whoever was against whatever ST and Cots were up to. He had already nearly taken out Kalam once. He was also opportunistic meaning he could be bribed or influenced.
QB's sister had entered Poliel's priesthood and was on the way to high priestess. Just based on her purge of 7C, Poliel isn't onside with ST and Cots, so taking her out would have weakened Poliel's plans.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users