Malazan Empire: [BH SPOILER] Quick Ben and his lack of knowledge - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[BH SPOILER] Quick Ben and his lack of knowledge

#1 User is offline   xvcaa 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

I've just finished re-read of BH, and i was really suprised that QB in fight with Icarium asked Trull: "who is this guy?" - and it seems weird that QB doesn't know who Icarium is. I mean even Fiddler heard about that duo Trell/Jhag so I think it's not possible to QB do not recognize Icarium when his "famous" rage is on.

(I noticed that same question "who is this quy" Icarium asked Fiddle about QB in Deadhouse Gates in Iskar Pust hideout - i love hidden details like this.)

#2 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:36 PM

Well, to be fair, if I recall the scene correctly, Quick Ben gets dumped out of a Warren straight into a fight with an enraged Icarium. Mappo is not there, so the Jhag/Trell duo which was a hint for Fiddler to Icarium's identity isn't available. And there is no time for friendly conversation either to determine what is going on. So why would QB be able to deduce in a split second that he is facing the legendary Icarium?
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users