Malazan Empire: Reread Musings [obvs spoilers obvs] - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reread Musings [obvs spoilers obvs] Things I noticed but didn't before.

#1 User is offline   Pearls 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 January 2016 - 07:27 PM

There's forshadowing to that heart-wrenching showdown between Felisin and Tavore in the first little bit of the book, when Duiker goes and spies on the locales. Ugh, it hurt even reading this time around, but I paid no attention whatsoever the first time. House of Chains might not've had the payoff everyone wanted (I loved it) but that scene tore me apart. Just to pieces.

I'm sure there's an interview that talks about this somewhere, but I read Erikson speak about how he writes, and how much "planning" in the true, Brandon Sanderson sense goes into the series. Something about "I didn't pause at all, not for even a half hour!" discussing writer's block. And Erikson seems just as surprised as I was that this was even possible, given the complexity and scope of his books. But there's all these clues, all these perfectly veiled warnings about things to come, I have no idea how he kept it in his head for so long, or so...beautifully yet effortlessly structured.

I have a feeling this reread is going to be a lovely thing.

#2 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 23 January 2016 - 01:31 AM

I moved this topic to the house of chains forums rather then dead house gates. Please refrain from posting spoilers to books further in the series in an earlier books forum.

-Venge
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users