Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eleint

#1 User is offline   royce 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:13 AM

I am only at chapter 3 so please no spoilers!

What are we supposed to know about the Eleint so far? Maybe my memory fails me completely but I remember next to nothing about them from previous books.

I have spent almost 1.5 years to get this far because of various life reasons, so maybe they are mentioned in GOTM, DG, MOI or HOC?

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:20 AM

You're supposed to know that Eleint are dragons. Realy, big flying magical lizards. There are also soletaken Eleint. These are dragons that various characters, wizards, gods, etc. change into. They have dragon blood but are not real Eleint. All though depending upon how you view dragons that distinction might not be as clear as we think.

There are dragons that have aspects. We have seen an Undead dragon that guarded the path of hands and most likely the Beast Throne. We have seen an Ottataral dragon that appears to be an Anti-magic dragon. We have seen dragons hanging out on Moons Spawn.

That's what I remember off the top of my head happening before MT.

#3 User is offline   royce 

• Recruit

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:24 PM

Apt, on 09 January 2016 - 11:20 AM, said:

You're supposed to know that Eleint are dragons. Realy, big flying magical lizards. There are also soletaken Eleint. These are dragons that various characters, wizards, gods, etc. change into. They have dragon blood but are not real Eleint. All though depending upon how you view dragons that distinction might not be as clear as we think.

There are dragons that have aspects. We have seen an Undead dragon that guarded the path of hands and most likely the Beast Throne. We have seen an Ottataral dragon that appears to be an Anti-magic dragon. We have seen dragons hanging out on Moons Spawn.

That's what I remember off the top of my head happening before MT.

Thank you. My memory stops at dragons, so that was indeed helpful. I am reluctunt to type in anything in malazan wiki obviously because of spoilers.

#4 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:01 PM

Yeah, it is just another word for dragon. We already saw Silanah who was a pure blood Eleint living in Moon's Spawn as an ally of Rake and who took on the yaghut tyrant Raest in GotM. We saw an undead dragon fly through a warren in Deadhouse Gates. We saw Eleints spiked, and we saw Soletaken eleint (as opposed to pure-blood ones) such as Anomander Rake himself.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#5 User is offline   TheWhiteWalker 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Reading fantasy and science fiction, and watching TV and movies.

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:53 PM

So what is the difference between a dragon and eleint?

#6 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:52 PM

Eleint are a race, what you could call pure-blooded dragons. However, there are also Ascendants who can change into dragons, i.e. soletaken dragons (such as Anomander Rake). They are not Eleint.
[edit] probably shouldnt have said soletaken eleint in my previous post, it can all get a bit confusing.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 09 January 2016 - 07:54 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#7 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:44 PM

It can become confusing because it is also the word for E.T.'s best friend. "Ellll-eeee-iiiint. Phooone."
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#8 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:14 PM

Eleint is just another word for dragon.The real distinction is between draconic soletaken like Rake or Korlat and pure bloods like Silanah, but the term Eleint can refer to both kinds, same goes for dragon.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users