• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

what is Paran's powers Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Gingerbeardeddude 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:51 PM

Was anyone else a little disappointed with Paran's lack of presence in the last 4-5 books? It seemed like Erickson almost forgot about him till the end of tCG! Maybe I just missed it maybe I need to re-read some of the later ones!

#22 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:55 PM

He was in The Bonehunters.

But, I think he needs to be, in general, hands off due to his position.

However, the big game all along was about Kaminsod. Paran realized Kolanse was the most important place and transported his entire army there! Through a card!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#23 User is offline   Gingerbeardeddude 

• Recruit

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:29 PM

It just seemed he was building up to be a badass (which is was!) but you didn't see enough of him in the last half of the books. I get where your coming from with him being hands off and all though!

#24 User is offline   Kellanved's shadow 

• The blade in the shadow
  • Interests:being king of high house shadow
    ordering Cotillion
    ordering the Hounds
    commanding shadows (oh wait I am a shadow)

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:15 AM

View PostGingerbeardeddude, on 25 October 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

It just seemed he was building up to be a badass (which is was!) but you didn't see enough of him in the last half of the books. I get where your coming from with him being hands off and all though!

Maybe that build up will be realized in the Karsa trilogy. Whatever happens there the Master of the Deck has to be involved. After all the death of civilization and the inevitable death of millions of people, people who's death's that can be used for acquiring power is something that will definitely interest the Master of the Deck. Maybe we might see Paran judging Karsa (I can dream can't I).
"I walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I have commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I have spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?"
"Yes" said Brood , "you never learn".

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users