• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Regarding the final battle

#1 User is offline   Modest Learner 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:47 PM

There's SPOILERS.
So the final battle is versus Order + allies v/s Chaos. And, the allies won.

1. So now what, is the Chaos finally over ?? Since the Gates of Andii warren have been taken away, so is the threat of Chaos finally over. Or is it just another victory, perhaps a big one (a very big sacrifice was required), for the allies ?

2. Now, before the forging of Rake's sword (Dragnipur), how did they defeat the chaos ?

3. How did Draconus' creation of Dragnipur made the situation worse ?

4. Is Pearl finally dead ? Last, I remember he was crying.

5. And Bridgeburners. Now, are all Bridgeburners ascended, both living and dead ?

6. And how did Hood, after being killed, came out alive ?

#2 User is offline   Esa1996 

• Fist

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:15 PM

View PostModest Learner, on 26 December 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

There's SPOILERS.

1. So now what, is the Chaos finally over ?? Since the Gates of Andii warren have been taken away, so is the threat of Chaos finally over. Or is it just another victory, perhaps a big one (a very big sacrifice was required), for the allies ?

2. Now, before the forging of Rake's sword (Dragnipur), how did they defeat the chaos ?

5. And Bridgeburners. Now, are all Bridgeburners ascended, both living and dead ?

Oh damn, almost answered to you as if you had read TCG :rolleyes:

1. The war is not over. I find there to be some parallels between Eriksons chaos and order and the real world entropy, and entropy for certain will never be over.

2. No idea. Most likely they didn't need to defeat it, the gate managed staying out of it on its own.

3. It tied the gate to one place, I guess. With Dragnipur the gate needed others to move it out of harm's way, I think it did it on its own before being tied to Dragnipur.

4. Can't remember anything about Pearl after HoC to be honest :p

5. No idea.

6. I guess that just like the Trygalle came into Dragnipur, thus proving it to be nothing more than another Warren, Hood left the warren after Caladan destroyed Dragnipur. I'm assuming that if the Warren wasn't destroyed, at least the chains inside it were, thus freeing its prisoners. Also, Hood was dead to begin with so, well... can he die again?

#3 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:23 PM

4. Pearl died in the Bonehunters
5. The entire Bridgeburner unit/regiment has ascended.
6. Hood 'died', went into Dragnipur and survived the battle with chaos. When Dragnipur is shattered possibly those inside it can escape. This is the TTh subforum and I can't say more regarding your questions

This post has been edited by Andorion: 26 December 2015 - 03:25 PM

#4 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 26 December 2015 - 05:32 PM

1. No. The entire point of the battle was to safe the Gate of Darkness, which had been pursued by Chaos thanks to Draconus binding it to Dragnipur. Chaos itself cannot be defeated as it is needed for the balance of all existence, with - possibly - darkness being its counterpoint, akin to order in other 'verses.

2. They didn't, because there'd been no need to, for all we know.

3. It trapped the Gate of Darkness - with Mommy D on the otehr side - within Dragnipur and bound it to Dragnipur's warren, so it became stationary. It had been wandering before that and in an eternal back and forth with Chaos. Dragnipur caught it in one place and made it easier accessible to Chaos.

4. Which Pearl? Pearl the Claw died in tBH. Can't remember about Pearl the Demon.

5. RAFO

6. Hood was dead all along, Hedge found his frozen popsicle body in RG. He manifested physically in Darujhistan during TtH (with the help of Thordy and Gaz), and this physical manifestation of Hood was killed by Rake, drawing Hood's soul into Dragnipur, thus allowing Hood to open the way for his army of the dead to follow and battle Chaos. After Dragnipur's undoing by Brood.. RAFO.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#5 User is offline   Modest Learner 

• Recruit

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:14 PM

Ah!! Okay. Thanks for the answers.

#6 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:33 PM

View PostModest Learner, on 26 December 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

There's SPOILERS.

1. No. Winning a battle doesn't mean that the war is over. Very big victory, but not the end of that conflict.

2. Not sure if I can answer without spoilers.

3. Because Dragnipur has to be essentially "fueled" by putting fresh wagon-pullers in by killing people with it. Which is cruel.

4. Others answered this well already. Pearl is dead.

5. Read on.

6. Because of how Dragnipur works. When someone is killed with it, instead of going to Hood's Gate as normally happens upon death, they are sucked into the warren within the sword. The weird thing that happened with Hood was that not only was he sucked into the sword, but in that happening, he provided an entrance from his own warren into Dragnipur so that the entirety of the armies of the dead could go through as well. At the end of Toll the Hounds, Dragnipur is shattered. Wouldn't make sense for Hood to be trapped within Dragnipur after it no longer exists, would it?

This post has been edited by Kanese S's: 26 December 2015 - 10:37 PM

Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users