Malazan Empire: Taya? - Malazan Empire

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Taya?

#1 User is offline   Kaminsod's Crutch 

  • Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 20-December 15

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:52 PM

Let me start off my first post by saying this forum has been a big help to me and Thx to everyone... I have managed to get all the way to OST without a post because all questions that I have are generally answered in the books thread...
However in this book I had some confusion as to who taya was and I looked thru all the topics but couldn't find an answer...

In RotCG there's a Taya who is an agent of Mallick Rel... This Taya is the same one right? If so then how did she go from being an agent of Mallick there to being against the Mallick run Empire in this book?
0

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

  • abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 19,767
  • Joined: 22-May 03
  • Location:The call is coming from inside the house!!!!
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:30 AM

Welcome, glad we could help, and feel free to jump into the threads!
Yes it's the same Taya. She was working for Rel, but when the T-K returned she decided to work for him, possibly to spite her mother a little. She's a mercenary assassin, no reason for loyalty.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT
0

#3 User is offline   Soulcrusher 

  • Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 81
  • Joined: 16-April 12

Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:02 AM

I was of the opinion that she worked for Rel in RotCG as a means to her own end, to slay the empress for her supposed mother's death. Topper wanted revenge for Lasseen hence her being against them in this book. Also as above said she seems a bit of a merc
0

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

  • abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 19,767
  • Joined: 22-May 03
  • Location:The call is coming from inside the house!!!!
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:37 AM

View PostSoulcrusher, on 21 December 2015 - 01:02 AM, said:

I was of the opinion that she worked for Rel in RotCG as a means to her own end, to slay the empress for her supposed mother's death.


Interesting - Any quote fu for this point?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT
0

#5 User is offline   Kanese S's 

  • TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars
  • Posts: 1,939
  • Joined: 26-April 11

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:06 AM

View PostKaminsod, on 20 December 2015 - 11:52 PM, said:

Let me start off my first post by saying this forum has been a big help to me and Thx to everyone... I have managed to get all the way to OST without a post because all questions that I have are generally answered in the books thread...
However in this book I had some confusion as to who taya was and I looked thru all the topics but couldn't find an answer...

In RotCG there's a Taya who is an agent of Mallick Rel... This Taya is the same one right? If so then how did she go from being an agent of Mallick there to being against the Mallick run Empire in this book?


Yep. Exact same little piece of shit who's in RotCG.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.
0

#6 User is offline   Gorefest 

  • Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 2,394
  • Joined: 29-May 14

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:00 PM

View PostAbyss, on 21 December 2015 - 03:37 AM, said:

View PostSoulcrusher, on 21 December 2015 - 01:02 AM, said:

I was of the opinion that she worked for Rel in RotCG as a means to her own end, to slay the empress for her supposed mother's death.


Interesting - Any quote fu for this point?


After his first book conversation with Taya in RotCG, Mallick is seen thinking: "Taya [...] Come to Unta to extract vengeance against the Empire that slew her mother." So that at least is what Mallick Rel assumes her motive to be.
She went and she left me like litter. She took all future summers with her. I lost all my money cuz I tried to bribe her. Now I can only afford an amateur sniper.
1

#7 User is offline   Nevyn 

  • Shield Anvil
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 1,450
  • Joined: 19-March 13

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:58 PM

View PostAbyss, on 21 December 2015 - 03:37 AM, said:

View PostSoulcrusher, on 21 December 2015 - 01:02 AM, said:

I was of the opinion that she worked for Rel in RotCG as a means to her own end, to slay the empress for her supposed mother's death.


Interesting - Any quote fu for this point?


Having just finished a RofCG re-read I concur with Soulcrusher.

On page 84 of the google books preview:

Quote

...
Taya Radok of Darujhistan. Daughter of Vorcan Radok herself, premier assassin of that city. Trained by her own mother in the arts of covert death since before she could walk. Come to Unta to exact revenge against the Empress that slew her mother. And what a delicious vengeance together they would inflict


This is from Mallick's POV. I believe Taya also makes a comment about the revenge being done after she takes out Laseen
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users