• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Boring?

#21 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:49 PM

I'm less than 100 pages from finishing NoK and I'm quite enjoying it. I've started my first reread of Malazan with this book, having only read Erikson's 10 previously. I started with this one because I've always wanted more insight and detail on the Ascension of K & D and I feel its given me that. I do realize its possible, with my memory, that I'll lose some of the detail of NoK by the time I get back to The Bonehunters, but I don't think I'll forget the two main characters. After this, its on to GotM since I don't have all the B & KB books yet. (Unless I go on a mini spending spree in the next couple days...!)

I thought I just didn't have enough time for reading these days, as I hadn't really read much since I finished Erikson's 10 a little more than a year ago. It turns out I just wasn't reading the right material. I'm finding time for reading now, even when I shouldn't! This is the first time I've ever gone right back into an epic series without trying something new first. (Rereading the Elfstones of Shannara for the 11th time 'cause its coming to tv doesn't count.)

#22 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:03 AM

View Postparan falcon, on 02 February 2016 - 09:49 PM, said:

I'm less than 100 pages from finishing NoK and I'm quite enjoying it. I've started my first reread of Malazan with this book, having only read Erikson's 10 previously. I started with this one because I've always wanted more insight and detail on the Ascension of K & D and I feel its given me that. I do realize its possible, with my memory, that I'll lose some of the detail of NoK by the time I get back to The Bonehunters, but I don't think I'll forget the two main characters. After this, its on to GotM since I don't have all the B & KB books yet. (Unless I go on a mini spending spree in the next couple days...!)

I thought I just didn't have enough time for reading these days, as I hadn't really read much since I finished Erikson's 10 a little more than a year ago. It turns out I just wasn't reading the right material. I'm finding time for reading now, even when I shouldn't! This is the first time I've ever gone right back into an epic series without trying something new first. (Rereading the Elfstones of Shannara for the 11th time 'cause its coming to tv doesn't count.)

Yup Erikson will make you see all that you actually had. I glanced into GotM in the middle of my semester examinations and never stopped

#23 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:37 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 02 February 2016 - 09:49 PM, said:

...Rereading the Elfstones of Shannara for the 11th time 'cause its coming to tv doesn't count.

We can be friends.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#24 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist

Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:51 AM

There is a stand alone warhammer book called 'Storm of Iron.' It is one of my favs because, like KoK, it is a day/night of old grudges and shadows with an air of intensity and small monents of humour in stark contrast to the gore, horror and madness that is happening all around. A reader who has not read any Malazan books before picking up KoK would become immersed in the story. It doesnt matter who is mad at whomever for whatever slights or betrayals. The book evokes visceral imagery of chaos and hoary old soldiers that are the foundation if any army/empire. Its timeless.

This post has been edited by NefaraisBredd: 13 July 2016 - 01:52 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users