• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 127 - Wizards, Rogues & Barbarians Spoiler Thread

#21 User is offline   Calm's Peace 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:30 PM

Holy-shit monkey, that will be some work to mod. Looks like a great game Blend!

I'm quite jealous i didn't have the time for it.. It will be great to see how a faction game plays out in real time. Never the same when your just reading old threads.

Btw, that password is too smart for me..took me 3 tries to type it in, then I said "f'*it" and cut-and-pasted it in...As you can see my superior intellect would of ruined the game..Posted Image

This post has been edited by Calm's Peace: 26 October 2015 - 05:31 PM

#22 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:24 PM

View PostCalm, on 26 October 2015 - 05:30 PM, said:

I'm quite jealous i didn't have the time for it.. It will be great to see how a faction game plays out in real time. Never the same when your just reading old threads.

Btw, that password is too smart for me..took me 3 tries to type it in, then I said "f'*it" and cut-and-pasted it in...As you can see my superior intellect would of ruined the game..Posted Image

I had the same problem. Blame Venge, he's the one that creates SH passwords for us!

-B
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#23 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:35 PM

Sorry guys. I wanted to play but I got the message about if I was to play that two other people would be able to play as well. I just got the message too late so Here I am in Sh.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#24 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:45 PM

I just briefly read over the game and now I'm kicking myself twice as hard for not getting that message sooner and joining up. But Blend, I did say I wanted the SH but I'd be willing to fill in if someone needed me to so I wish you would have held off on giving me the SH password.

But it's fine. It's just I really like these types of games. It allows for the brilliant beyond brilliant players(me and a couple others ) to seperate ourselves from everyone else. Jk. I forget some people are new and don't know me and don't know to not take me serious.

Anyway, looks like a good game. It'll hopefully be exciting to watch.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

- Maynard James Keenan

#25 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:12 PM

View PostBrujah, on 26 October 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

But Blend, I did say I wanted the SH but I'd be willing to fill in if someone needed me to so I wish you would have held off on giving me the SH password.

Sorry! So far it doesn't seem like I'll need a sub, but c'est la vie, I guess!
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#26 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:00 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 26 October 2015 - 08:12 PM, said:

View PostBrujah, on 26 October 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

But Blend, I did say I wanted the SH but I'd be willing to fill in if someone needed me to so I wish you would have held off on giving me the SH password.

Sorry! So far it doesn't seem like I'll need a sub, but c'est la vie, I guess!

Yeah, but what I'm saying is that if I was willing to sub then of course I was willing to play. this game reminds me of the very first game I played, JLV's zombie game. That game was also one of the best I've played to date.

Like I said in the earlier post, I'd only briefly looked over the game, but now I've had time to go over it in full and it looks like one of the best game designs I've seen in a while.

I know I'll forget someone's awesome game because my memory is bad and there's been a shit load of games over the years, but some of the best games that stick out in my mind was , like I said, JLV'S Zombie game, D'rek's Mafia 100 ( what a work of pure genius and awesome ), Obdi's Dresden 1 game, Shin's Shogun games, and prolly my favorite over all, D'rek's Espers game.

This game makes me think of those types of games. Again, I wish I had checked in earlier this weekend. I'd love to be playing this one.

I like the balance. I think the team with the best/smartest leader has a heads up in winning. Whichever team can get its members on the same page as far as targets go, while at the same time not giving away their whole team in doing so, should win.

I guess I'd predict the Rogues as winners. Lady B sometimes super super duper low posts, so that will be their only POTENTIAL weak link (notice I said potential Blissy baby, in case you prove me wrong ). Khell, Venge, Andorian, and Nico make a decent team.

As far as the Wizards go, Gnaw applies his time to the game, so he'll make an excellent Wizard Leader, but I don't know Charlie Nom or LinearPhilosopher, Tatt's is a spaz, but Tapper is excellent.

The Barbarians have Trull's Son leading them. He played well in game 101 where he and I were paired killers and won (not that I've ever been lynched as scum), but he's a smart guy. I just don't know about how much time he can give to the game, and the leader needs to be one of those guys who has ample time to play. Kurt, Mess, and HO (when he's not super low posting ) are all decent. I'm foggy on Gredfallan Ale, but I know I've either played with him or watched him play, but I can't remember anything about him at the moment.

- Maynard James Keenan

#27 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:24 AM

Blend, I'm around and updating stuff.

-ansible

#28 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:03 AM

ansible, can you update DN for me?

- Maynard James Keenan

#29 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:08 AM

Bendal Home is getting a weird error - anyone in spoilers know about it?

Bendal Home, on 27 October 2015 - 12:56 AM, said:

Hey PS, while checking the game thread I noticed that there was a message saying "This post is hidden as you have chosen to ignore posts by Hoods Path. Show Anyway?" and the same for Ultama. When I clicked on Show anyway the post was displayed but it got hidden if I reloaded the page.

Is this part of game mechanics, something wrong with this alt, or something wrong with my browser (firefox)?

-ansi

#30 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:19 AM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 27 October 2015 - 03:08 AM, said:

Hey PS, while checking the game thread I noticed that there was a message saying "This post is hidden as you have chosen to ignore posts by Hoods Path. Show Anyway?" and the same for Ultama. When I clicked on Show anyway the post was displayed but it got hidden if I reloaded the page.

Is this part of game mechanics, something wrong with this alt, or something wrong with my browser (firefox)?

-ansi

I'll PM some admins about it!

#31 User is offline   ansible 

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:29 AM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 26 October 2015 - 06:24 PM, said:

View PostCalm, on 26 October 2015 - 05:30 PM, said:

I had the same problem. Blame Venge, he's the one that creates SH passwords for us!

-B

Wait, are we talking about the current password to SH?

That would be funny.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#32 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:20 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 27 October 2015 - 03:19 AM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 27 October 2015 - 03:08 AM, said:

-ansi

I'll PM some admins about it!

Silencer said he'd look into it!

#33 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:46 PM

This is why I build these kinds of games!

Ultama, on 27 October 2015 - 09:42 PM, said:

Okay, I'm sorry, but I'm literally clueless.

I don't know what to say, add or whatever.

You're game is messing with mind, but it's fun, though.

:)

So far, I think I may have outdone myself with this one! I'm very much enjoying Day 1!

#34 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:49 PM

View PostBrujah, on 26 October 2015 - 11:00 PM, said:

Yeah, but what I'm saying is that if I was willing to sub then of course I was willing to play.

Sorry Bru - I didn't want to take the chance, especially given that pretty much every one of my games you've played I've had to modkill you.

I gave you several days to respond to both a forum post and a PM asking if you wanted to play - when I didn't get a response, I wasn't confident enough to actually put you in the game, as modkills hurt faction games a lot more than they do town vs scum games.

#35 User is offline   Calm's Peace 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:56 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 27 October 2015 - 09:46 PM, said:

So far, I think I may have outdone myself with this one! I'm very much enjoying Day 1!

You really have. The game is really shaping up nicely with good participation. Gnaw is cracking me up.
And the ps thread posts are hilarious to watch the confusion. Are they gnaws as well?

#36 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:14 PM

View PostCalm, on 27 October 2015 - 10:56 PM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 27 October 2015 - 09:46 PM, said:

You really have. The game is really shaping up nicely with good participation. Gnaw is cracking me up.
And the ps thread posts are hilarious to watch the confusion. Are they gnaws as well?

What do you mean by the PS thread posts?

#37 User is offline   Calm's Peace 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:18 AM

All the you hear a whisper from the shadows.

This post has been edited by Calm's Peace: 28 October 2015 - 03:21 AM

#38 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:23 AM

View PostCalm, on 28 October 2015 - 03:18 AM, said:

All the you hear a whisper from the shadows.

Ah, the first one was Gnaw's (Wizard Leader), the second one was Venge's (Rogue Leader)

#39 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:27 PM

Ok, ansible here, I'm resolving the lynch since Blend is not here. After that I'll resolve Night when I get into work if Blend isn't back yet.

#40 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:30 PM

Phew, that was actually a little easier than I expected, though I had about 5 people who didn't submit actions (a couple tried to submit them after the lynch, but I did not accept them - they'll know better for tonight).

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users