Malazan Empire: Watch-and-read through of Game of Throne and ASoIaF - Malazan Empire

• 20 Pages +
  • « First

Watch-and-read through of Game of Throne and ASoIaF Gradual Spoilers Rate Topic: -----

#381 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:41 PM

Well, most of book 6 was already written ages ago, so I don't think developments in the TV show influence GRR Martin's choices on book character developments. It's more the other way around, in that the tv show makers now only have Martin's information to go on, and he will only tell them the core basics to make them reach the series finale with all the crucial characters and events still intact.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#382 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:45 PM

It would be a bit of a letdown to kill off book Stannis right now. Frankly I think the division and the tension between the Frey and the Northmen back at Winterfell will be crucial in their defeat.

#383 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:51 PM

My personal favourite theory is that Stannis wins the battle, then sends a raven with the pink letter to the Wall with the hope of luring Jon Snow south to Winterfell. There are some really intriguing hints dropped in the books to this effect. Stannis is faffing about with ravens and asking about how they get trained etc. The usage of certain terms in the pink letter also very much hints to Stannis trying to mimic Ramsay's style by using information he receives from Theon (my Reek, etc), but failing in some obvious areas (wildling princess, black crows, etc).
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#384 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:02 PM

Yah. I'm pretty sure Stannis's show death ONLY means he won't win the game of thrones. All else up to that point is up for grabs, and will be frankly more interesting if he's around a while.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#385 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:24 PM

Regarding Stannis's fate and the battles:

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR SEASON 6

Spoiler

Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#386 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:25 PM

LiIfting one aspect out of your spoiler section that in itself I don't think contains a spoiler, so I'll leave the spoiler brackets aside: book Melissandre and Shireen never went with Stannis to Winterfell but stayed at the Wall, so whether Stannis lives or dies does not necessarily have any impact on Shireen's fate. Mel could burn her at the Wall at any time, regardless of whether Stannis lives or dies.

#387 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:50 PM

View PostGorefest, on 05 December 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

LiIfting one aspect out of your spoiler section that in itself I don't think contains a spoiler, so I'll leave the spoiler brackets aside: book Melissandre and Shireen never went with Stannis to Winterfell but stayed at the Wall, so whether Stannis lives or dies does not necessarily have any impact on Shireen's fate. Mel could burn her at the Wall at any time, regardless of whether Stannis lives or dies.

When Mel suggests it in the books, Stannis slaps the idea down pretty hard. He also gets his bannermen to acknowledge Shireen as his heir, and promise that they will carry on the war in her name should he fall. On that basis, it's highly improbable that Melisandre would burn Shireen without Stannis being out of the picture.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#388 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:22 AM

I think Mel would turn on Shireen only when she is absolutely sure that there is another AA option and Stannis may not after all be the chosen one. I think this is all going to depend on how the Jon situation is handled.

In other news, Cersei with a pixie-cut is seen hugging Tommen in a HBO year end video. Speculation is that this is probably before her trial

Share this topic:

• 20 Pages +
  • « First

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users