Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

moon questions Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Onos T"oolan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:42 AM

I just finished reading ToH and have a few questions regarding the moon. In ToH it says "Something massive had arrived from the depths of the blackness beyond and struck the moon a short time back. An initial eruption from the impact had briefly showered the moon's companion world with fragments, but it was the shock-wave that delivered the stricken moon's death knell, and this took time. Deep in the core vast tides of energy opened immense fissures. concussive forces shattered the crust. Energy was absorbed until nothing more could be borne. The moon blew apart."

So I'm assuming that the fragments from the initial eruption must have been the green comets that fell from the sky and almost hit Sister Spite's ship with cutter, mappo, etc aboard. So my first question is: was it just coincidence that the moon's initial eruption happened at the same time all these important people were in seven cities? And was it just coincidence that the moon exploded on the night Rake and Hood died? Or did the moon explode at that time because Dragnipur was unsheathed?

Also, what exactly happened when Hood released Heboric's soul and then the green hands came out and caught the comets? And what was the thing that arrived "from the depths of the blackness beyond" and struck the moon. A meteor? Another coincidence? and then what does this all have to do with the fallen/chained god? I know somehow the jade statues are his followers trapped in otataral. So does that mean the crippled god actually came from the moon?

Ive started DoD (early DoD Spoilers):

Spoiler

And I know this is a lot of questions but I'm really confused about all this moon stuff. Thanks in advance for any help!

#2 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:50 AM

View PostOnos T"oolan, on 02 September 2015 - 01:42 AM, said:

I just finished reading ToH and have a few questions regarding the moon. In ToH it says "Something massive had arrived from the depths of the blackness beyond and struck the moon a short time back. An initial eruption from the impact had briefly showered the moon's companion world with fragments, but it was the shock-wave that delivered the stricken moon's death knell, and this took time. Deep in the core vast tides of energy opened immense fissures. concussive forces shattered the crust. Energy was absorbed until nothing more could be borne. The moon blew apart."
So I'm assuming that the fragments from the initial eruption must have been the green comets that fell from the sky and almost hit Sister Spite's ship with cutter, mappo, etc aboard. So my first question is: was it just coincidence that the moon's initial eruption happened at the same time all these important people were in seven cities? And was it just coincidence that the moon exploded on the night Rake and Hood died? Or did the moon explode at that time because Dragnipur was unsheathed?
Also, what exactly happened when Hood released Heboric's soul and then the green hands came out and caught the comets? And what was the thing that arrived "from the depths of the blackness beyond" and struck the moon. A meteor? Another coincidence? and then what does this all have to do with the fallen/chained god? I know somehow the jade statues are his followers trapped in otataral. So does that mean the crippled god actually came from the moon?

Ive started DoD (early DoD Spoilers):

Spoiler

This is all sorts of bad formatting.

1. No, they are Jade Giants. Jade Giants smoked the Wu moon as well.

2. Heboric has a connection to the Jade Giants per Deadhouse Gates. Paran and Hood came to a deal to "save the world" by allowing him out.

3. Those are spoilers for DoD and do not belong in this forum.

All in all: Jade Giants hit the moon and it exploded. Others continued on towards Wu.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#3 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:08 PM

Please use spoilers tags for any information from books later than the subforum you are posting in. How to use spoiler tags:

[spoiler] Information goes here [/spoiler]

Please also tell people where the information is from, before the spoiler tag.

Also, if you see spoilers in someone's post, hitting the report button helps the mods quickly get to it.

Thanks.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users