• Group: Game Mod

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:46 AM

Killer PM

Roles Give out

Light and Misa
L
Jellus
RIs

You are Misa/Light, you are one of the Kiras. Each night you may decide on one person that will die by the power of the death note. The other Kira is ... and you may talk to them off thread

Finder/Detective PM

You are L, you are the world's greatest detective. Each night you may investigate the identity of one player.

Healer Medic PM

You are the God of Death Jellus. You're an odd one as you actually care about those silly mortals. Each night you may choose one mortal to protect.

RI PM

You are one of the investigators. During the day you must investigate who the kiras are. Each day you may lynch a suspect

Backup Medic PM

You are N, the child genius and raised to be L's second. Upon L's death, you gain the ability to investigate one player.

Alright I think we're good

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 07 September 2015 - 09:01 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#3 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:47 AM

Participants

Usernames
fener-allies
demelain-kamina
karosis-motoko
hanas-killlakill
telas-jetblack
hoods path-revy
denul-saber
omtose-asuna
eloth-armin
liosan-killua
togg-leeorio

-A Demon LLama!
-Andorion
-Blend
-Calms Peace
-EmperorMagus
-Gredfallen Ale
-Gnaw
-khellendros
-Messremb
-Shinrei
-Tattersail

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 08 September 2015 - 01:26 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#4 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:45 PM

Username Assignment
fener>gredfallen ale
dem>blend
karosis>shinrei
hanas>gnaw
telas>emp magus
hood>khell
denul>calms
omtose>tats
eloth>andorion
liosan>messremb
togg>ADL

Role Assignment
Killers >dem/eloth
Finder>liosan
medic>karosis
backup finder>Telas

Usernames were entered and numbered in alphabetical order and given numbers 1-11. Alts were then listed in random order. Used a random number generetator to give me a list of numbers 1-11. Used that to assign role (first number was 6, so first person got the 6th alt).

Roles were given numbers 1-5, same method was used to assign to alts. 1,2 got assigned to 2 and 9 etc...

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 11 September 2015 - 12:40 AM

#5 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:48 PM

Path-Shaper, on 09 September 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

Fener, on 09 September 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

Sorry, I fucked up.

Posted something from my regular account, panicked and deleted it within seconds.

I've done the same thing so no problem it happens. At least you had the ability to auto correct the issue.

Fener, on 09 September 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

I think Hanas and I both realized that.

Hanas was hinting he was RI, knowing that only RI's knew the vague wording of the role pm.

I was trying to hint RI-ness referring to the phrase "Each day you may lynch a suspect", which is really not a personal ("Don't take it personally") ability, but a group action. The killers would not know what to make of it, so anyone that did not understand the "Don't make it personally" reference after referring to the role PM, would become suspect of being a killer.

Fener, on 09 September 2015 - 09:05 PM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 09 September 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

Fener, on 09 September 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

I think Hanas and I both realized that.

Hanas was hinting he was RI, knowing that only RI's knew the vague wording of the role pm.

I was trying to hint RI-ness referring to the phrase "Each day you may lynch a suspect", which is really not a personal ("Don't take it personally") ability, but a group action. The killers would not know what to make of it, so anyone that did not understand the "Don't make it personally" reference after referring to the role PM, would become suspect of being a killer.

The rather long diatribe he sent me suggests otherwise

Okay, this is probably information you should not have send me.

Fener, on 10 September 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

I don't know if you're posting PMs to Spoiler Heaven, but here are my thoughts so far:

I'm suspicious of Telas and here's why:

Not much was going, so I decided to start jumping around a bit to generate a bit controversy. Sure, there's always a lynch risk*, but having a bit of information on thread is always better than just a random speed lynch of a low poster just before the day runs out. I was actually looking for people who were willing to defend the obvious "weak" player without proper arguments.

Here's why: I think it's highly likely that the two killers "working together" means they know each other's identity. If so, scum would know I'm RI, so they would ultimately want me dead. By playing weak, I give them the incentive to keep me around as I'm easy to make a case against on D2 or D3 and it would be wasteful to use a more or less random D1 lynch on a suspect you can get lynched later (maybe if you're in a weak spot). So trying to keep me around gives them the possibility to take someone out on D1 that might be more difficult to lynch during the following days, while expecting me to keep up my weak game during the following days.

Telas did just that.

*) The lynch risk: I actually tried to signal my RIs with "Don't take it personally" line. The last line of the RI role PM is formulated in such a way that lynching looks like an individual action ("You may lynch someone during the day", or something similar), while it's actually a group action. Only other RIs would know that line, as it was not published at the time of my posting. (I couldn't just join Hanas' confusion, as I would not reveal anything new about the PM). However, as PS did publish the PM later on, I did not expect that, my signal got a bit derailed. If the vote train really goes in my direction, I may still try to use it, though.

#6 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:49 PM

Omtose, on 09 September 2015 - 06:08 PM, said:

Here's what I'm thinking.

Hanas mentions getting excited about his ri pm.

He's town.

Denul, Demelain or Fener are not happy with that or their response seems off which provokes co mod Venge into suggesting you put up the ri pm into the thread.

See I was thinking about using terms, like let's investigate, in my posts but I'm too much of an honest cop.

Basically I've read the little exchange and Feners reply to Hanas seems like he didn't get what Hanas was on about.

I could obviously be way off base.

Omtose, on 10 September 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

I think that is what people have picked up on. I've just been watching and not participating.

I'm usually gung ho but I'm holding myself back.

I know people will accuse me when I get going.

#7 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:53 PM

Karosis, on 08 September 2015 - 11:46 PM, said:

I shall never reveal!

Path-Shaper, on 09 September 2015 - 11:21 PM, said:

Karosis, on 09 September 2015 - 11:00 PM, said:

Protect/Heal Hanas Night 1 Plz

noted

#8 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:54 PM

Denul, on 08 September 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

Great! The no reveals post-death is such an interesting dynamic..should be a fun game.

I'm translating that into RI, not some kind of special role..so please let me know if I'm failing spectacularly at reading comprehension.

Path-Shaper, on 09 September 2015 - 09:03 PM, said:

Denul, on 09 September 2015 - 08:58 PM, said:

I just can't shut-up on the thread today. Now I'm just waiting to say something stupid and get myself lynched..may already be too late!

End of first 12 hours..I think you have everyone spinning with the no reveals idea haha! and I'm going to say:

Town:
Hanas (great reveal of his mentioning flavor of the wording, I keyed in on that right away that he misread the RI PM)
Omtose

Scum:
No clue.

im curious as to how town is going to play out the game.

#9 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:56 PM

Hanas, on 09 September 2015 - 04:09 AM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 09 September 2015 - 12:57 AM, said:

Hanas, on 08 September 2015 - 10:53 PM, said:

Investigate Omtose

You're an RI man, sorry if its a bit ambiguous

uh. there is no ambiguity. I have a daytime ability to investigate people. Any failure in the wording is solely you responsibility and subject to any necessary re-writng of the game scenario to accurately format the game to the new rules, whether they be purposeful or inadvertant.

In short, you gave me an ability. Saying "aw shucks, I didn't mean to do so" is your problem, not mine.

Hanas, on 09 September 2015 - 07:32 PM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 09 September 2015 - 05:15 PM, said:

For the sake of clarity
RI PM

You are one of the investigators. During the day you must investigate who the kiras are. Each day you may lynch a suspect

I'd like to direct your attention to the verb investigate. Investigate is to lead an enquiry , to quest, to find out. Which is the entire purpose of people discussing this on the thread. Now I understand that some of you may only think within the box of mechanics. Don't worry about it, it's nothing to be gnawing about. If you've received this message you are an RI.

I hope that clarifies everything.

Hey now! A little teasing isn't worth being outed on thread. :harhar:

#10 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:59 PM

I would not have said gnawing on thread. A. A good chunck of players will immediately PI gnaw and B. you just made scums job harder. C. Doing so draws a target to the PI.

Usually I will ignore pms that I don't feel are worth replying to or if they are being jerky then threaten them with having to post in picture for half a day. Players never know if that is something that is actually in the game or not, and at one point it was in enough were it was a possibility.

- Venge

#11 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:02 PM

Liosan, on 08 September 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

Oh dear!

I seem to be striking it lucky with the random generators of late. Now not to mess this one up...

Liosan, on 08 September 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

So paired killers, a healer, finder and a backup finder for when I die. I have absolutely no idea about the flavour and am curious as to why I only have a name of L - the manga equivalent of Bonds M?

Path-Shaper, on 08 September 2015 - 03:23 PM, said:

Liosan, on 08 September 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

So paired killers, a healer, finder and a backup finder for when I die. I have absolutely no idea about the flavour and am curious as to why I only have a name of L - the manga equivalent of Bonds M?

fast forward to 27 minute mark

Liosan, on 08 September 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

Hah, maybe I should RP as the freaky clown thing.

Path-Shaper, on 08 September 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

Liosan, on 08 September 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

Hah, maybe I should RP as the freaky clown thing.

Liosan, on 09 September 2015 - 06:13 AM, said:

Just when I think it doesn't get any weirder.

For future reference, my first post trackback link points to a post mentioning a finder rather than the original quoted post, as my own style of devious coding of what I am. Will it be noticed? Not a chance in hell. </smug>

Path-Shaper, on 09 September 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

For future reference, my first post trackback link points to a post mentioning a finder rather than the original quoted post, as my own style of devious coding of what I am. Will it be noticed? Not a chance in hell. </smug>

Im thinking of saving this to SH ahead of time as something to keep tabs on

Liosan, on 09 September 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 09 September 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

Im thinking of saving this to SH ahead of time as something to keep tabs on

Heh you don't need to keep tabs on it, just for my reference so I don't go forgetting. Up to you how often you post PMs to SH, I find if someone is being chatty or discussing things that may be of interest to viewers/the dead then I'll post them else save it till later.

#12 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:06 PM

Killer conversations:

Demelain, on 08 September 2015 - 03:23 PM, said:

Hola Eloth! Blend here, how goes it!

Eloth, on 08 September 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

Hallo, eloth/Andorion here

Awesome another killer role

Eloth, on 08 September 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

At first you couldn't believe it, someone killing another person remotely without a trace? Impossible you think. But L, the world's greatest detective, in an amazing play proved beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Kira does exist, and he can kill remotely. But thats not all, he further narrowed the list by proving that the murders were committed using information only available to your department. Patterns in killings suggest that there are two Kiras working together. All is not lost however, there seems to be some ephemeral presence among you that can protect someone from the power of the death note. The Great Detective L is on your side, as well as you hear rumors of a special institute training a replacement for L in case something should happen to him. It is now up to you to end the killings once and for all.

Ok, so 2 scum (us)
1 Guard
1 Finder
1 Chap who becomes the Finder if the Finder dies

Have I got it right?

Demelain, on 08 September 2015 - 05:13 PM, said:

I'd say that's about right, though the way it's written, it could just as easily be a healer rather than a guard.

Eloth, on 08 September 2015 - 05:21 PM, said:

I am just going to hold off till this Chuck Norris meme thingy dies down.

Then with any luck we can start alting people.

Want to bet Tatts is Town? Again?

Demelain, on 08 September 2015 - 05:26 PM, said:

Given we're the two killers, everyone else is town, so yeah, that'd make Tatts town! :harhar:

Demelain, on 08 September 2015 - 05:29 PM, said:

We should try to kill off Khell as soon as we can alt him (which is never easy) and leave Tatts for like Day 3-5, as he's really good end game, but really good at muddling up the thread early game.

Shin's always too canny for my liking too, so we should pay attention to posting times as he should be the easiest to alt that way (given he's the only one in Japan).

Lately, Messremb has been pretty on point, so if we can figure out where he is, he'd be another person I wouldn't mind getting rid of early.

Eloth, on 08 September 2015 - 06:29 PM, said:

I meant that Tatts is usually vanilla town and he is very easy to alt.

Khell worries me. he always worries me. He will be that chap on day 2, who will review 4-5 posts of the previous lynch and say quietly and with confidence that x is scum. and 80% time he is right.

Demelain, on 08 September 2015 - 06:44 PM, said:

Eloth, on 08 September 2015 - 06:29 PM, said:

I meant that Tatts is usually vanilla town and he is very easy to alt.

Khell worries me. he always worries me. He will be that chap on day 2, who will review 4-5 posts of the previous lynch and say quietly and with confidence that x is scum. and 80% time he is right.

Exactly, which is why we kill him as soon as we find him! DIEDIEDIEMURDERDIE!!! *cough*

Eloth, on 10 September 2015 - 01:49 AM, said:

ok, there is some info I think we need to share. I am GMT +5.30, and I am usually out between 10.00 AM to 8.00 PM my time during which I can only play by mobile if at all.

Whats your time zone? If we are going to coordinate this might be important.

Also can you alt me easily?

#13 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:10 PM

I think that is the lot of messages.

Other then the thing with Gnaw I haven't seen anything that I need to jump in about.

Just remember that when talking to players give them as little information about the game as possible. Definitely don't talk about other players to them. Also players will try to pry bit of information about the game from you.

If you get stuck just think what would Vengeance do. Then tell them to fuck off with a smiley face. They will know that they were starting to cross a line. :harhar:

- Venge

#14 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:04 PM

Path-Shaper, on 10 September 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

I would not have said gnawing on thread. A. A good chunck of players will immediately PI gnaw and B. you just made scums job harder. C. Doing so draws a target to the PI.

Usually I will ignore pms that I don't feel are worth replying to or if they are being jerky then threaten them with having to post in picture for half a day. Players never know if that is something that is actually in the game or not, and at one point it was in enough were it was a possibility.

- Venge

Ah ok, yeah he was kinda riding me which i was gona ignore, then he makes a comment about hazing the rookie on the board and im like...

Ima get you for that. Tone is impossible to interpret online so he may have been teasing, lesson learned.
-linear

#15 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:40 PM

Demelain, on 10 September 2015 - 03:11 PM, said:

Provisional KILL Denul

One of Venge's rules of killing - always kill anyone who suspects you.

I get the feeling if denul shows up dead people are going to start looking up which trees he was barking up. Then again im assuming thats where the paired killer comes in.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 10 September 2015 - 04:41 PM

#16 User is offline   Denul 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:52 AM

Ah, Gred! We meet again in the first round! lol

Guess I should take it as a compliment that they axed me. I knew Eloth was scum! I'm not sure they should of killed me off though. I was the only one who was looking into Eloth.

BTW, Might want to remind people to only post here in characters alt since you aren't revealing.

#17 User is offline   Denul 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:53 AM

Thanks for modding Lin and Venge!

#18 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:01 AM

Very good point denul. When someone's your dead pm is sent out be sure to tell them to only post in there game alt.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#19 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:30 AM

Oh LP I went ahead and sent fener a your dead pm. I told him that he had to post in alt in sh.

- venge

#20 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:56 PM

Liosan, on 12 September 2015 - 07:21 PM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 12 September 2015 - 02:40 AM, said:

any provisional you want to send my way?

Find Karosis, if dead Find Togg

Liosan, on 14 September 2015 - 11:23 AM, said:

Much as I hate to say it, if you haven't PM'd Telas & players normal account a modkill warning they probably need it.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users