Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why don't they just...

#1 User is offline   Axalan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:20 AM

So I'm currently reading The Bonehunters, and they're currently leaving Y'Ghatan and Quick Ben and Kalam show up. Now while they're all travelling together trying to catch up to the 14th while barely hanging on to life why doesn't Quick just open up a good ol' warren and take em through there.

You could argue that it's dangerous but the heat alone seems a bigger danger atm. I also could be misunderstanding the use of Warrens as a whole still. Also I guess the whole fire burning through all layers etc could have an effect but I imagine that'd be different a certain distance away, especially since Quick goes into a warren later (where I'm currently at in the book) using his soul-leaving-puppet-magic.

Also on that topic is there any reason that's better than going in with his body? Does it have to do with where he can go if he goes through the Warrens as a soul rather than as flesh?

Sorry for the wall of text, and thanks guys!I'm always stumbling upon questions to ask while reading this series and I felt it was about time to ask some people some of them.

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:51 AM

The firestorm at Yghatan fucked up access to the warrens temporarily.
The soul thing.... I think it had to do with having a faster escape option because he could snap his soul back to his body, vs getting wholly trapped wherever.
Also, Quick Ben is lazy.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   Axalan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:18 AM

That was my figuring with the firestorm, but then how did Apsalar get to The City of the Fallen from where they were to intercept the Hounds? Or was this at a point in their march where it the firestorm no longer affected then / or the fact that she's a special case being Cottilion-imbued?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users