San Francisco 49ers 65/1
New York Jets 70/1
Oakland Raiders 100/1
Tampa Bay Buccanneers 100/1
Cleveland Browns 125/1
Washington Redskins 125/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 150/1
Tennessee Titans 150/1

Ugh I hate that IPBoard removes my formatting.

And I think the Minnesota Vikings will get closer to the Superbowl then the aints this year.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 12 August 2015 - 11:53 PM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#3 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:06 AM

65/1? ;)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#4 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:53 AM

37/1 😀
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#5 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:54 AM

Better odds than last year

#6 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:55 PM

Ouch. Bears are 60/1

Any of you guys benn following the story of Jarryd Hayne, the Aussie Rugby League player who is trying to make it as an NFL player with the 49ers. He was an awesome player in Rugby League and would appear on paper to have the speed and size to make the transition, plus he's looked pretty damn good in the preseason game highlights so far.

What do you NFL fans make of this story. Is it getting much traction in the US media?

Do you think he can actually become a productive player, beyond just punt returns?

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#7 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:04 PM

View PostBinder of Demons, on 31 August 2015 - 08:55 PM, said:

Ouch. Bears are 60/1

Any of you guys benn following the story of Jarryd Hayne, the Aussie Rugby League player who is trying to make it as an NFL player with the 49ers. He was an awesome player in Rugby League and would appear on paper to have the speed and size to make the transition, plus he's looked pretty damn good in the preseason game highlights so far.

What do you NFL fans make of this story. Is it getting much traction in the US media?

Do you think he can actually become a productive player, beyond just punt returns?

If he makes the team I doubt he'll get much work other than special teams at first. Where you can get by on just being a great athlete and making plays in the open field.

Honestly though, i'd be surprised if he amounts to much more than that. Not that he isnt athletic enough, you just cant learn how to play football that well at that level that fast. But if he can stay on the team long enough to grasp the game, he's got a shot.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#8 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:11 PM

And as sad as it makes me, i wouldnt be surprised to see the Bears turn in a 4-12 to 6-10 season. Our secondary is looking rough. And, of course, Jay Cutler.

#9 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:10 AM

Sorry man, but I haven't felt this down on the Saints in the last 5 years.

The Panthers are a fn' disaster as well, and the Bucs just can't pull shit together.

This leaves Atlanata, whom I'm guessing wins the division, but I don't think it matters who wins our division. It's not like any of them can win a post season game.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#10 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:20 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 31 August 2015 - 10:04 PM, said:

Ouch. Bears are 60/1

If he makes the team I doubt he'll get much work other than special teams at first. Where you can get by on just being a great athlete and making plays in the open field.

Honestly though, i'd be surprised if he amounts to much more than that. Not that he isnt athletic enough, you just cant learn how to play football that well at that level that fast. But if he can stay on the team long enough to grasp the game, he's got a shot.

Well, every draft there's at the least one WR picked who played for a year in college only, just on their measurables, with little to no polish on their route running or catching away from their body. In that sense, Haynes is not unique - see also Cordarelle Patterson and Ziggy Ansah (as pass rusher).

I guess the main issue with Haynes is his age (27) and whether or not he can learn to pick up blocking assignments.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#11 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:16 PM

View PostTapper, on 01 September 2015 - 04:20 AM, said:

View PostSlow Ben, on 31 August 2015 - 10:04 PM, said:

Ouch. Bears are 60/1

Well, every draft there's at the least one WR picked who played for a year in college only, just on their measurables, with little to no polish on their route running or catching away from their body. In that sense, Haynes is not unique - see also Cordarelle Patterson and Ziggy Ansah (as pass rusher).

I guess the main issue with Haynes is his age (27) and whether or not he can learn to pick up blocking assignments.

There's a huge difference between DE and WR, where you can get by on being a great athlete and be decent, and RB.

There's a huge skill in being able to read and see the flow of the offensive line and defensive front in the split seconds before you get the ball. It's not as simple as, get the ball- hit the 3 hole.

Then throw in blocking assignments, not just yours, but knowing how the offensive line scheme works so you know where you'll have to pick up. Also receiving routes, learning the playbook, etc.

#12 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:35 PM

Daniel Adongo is a former rugby player from SA? on the Colts for the last couple of years as a project.

It's just too different. He's finally going to get cut this year rather than practice squaded because, frankly, he doesn't know football. I'm sure he's a terrific athlete.

Even as a pure rush linebacker he just can't cut it in the NFL. Lots of Colts fans have been cheering for him. Made the 75 cut this year.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#13 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:20 PM

So, Hayne made the first cut. Good to see. We'll have to see how well he does in the last preseason game now against all the other 2nd and 3rd stringers. Fingers crossed.

I can see him having some success if they play to his strengths and take his development slowly. Give him punts and kick off returns to earn his place, and then a limited playbook as a RB, with a handful of receiving routes as an added bonus. I really hope he busts out a huge return in the last preseason game. Would be a great story.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#14 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:22 PM

Lots of momentum going with Miami this year, have they got what it takes to win the Superbowl?

#15 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:18 PM

No.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#16 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:41 PM

Who's your team, Colts?

This post has been edited by Tattersail_: 01 September 2015 - 08:41 PM

#17 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:12 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 01 September 2015 - 08:41 PM, said:

Who's your team, Colts?

It's a mortal sin to not pull for your city's team. Down here in the south, you pull for the home team, or the closest team if your city doesn't have one.

Exceptions may arise if you have moved and lived elsewhere.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

- Maynard James Keenan

#18 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:30 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 01 September 2015 - 08:41 PM, said:

Who's your team, Colts?

Tatts, I think I have literally had a Colts avatar for 5+ years (plus or minus random Star Wars avatars).

But, it has more to do with the Bills and Pats in that division. It ain't exactly the AFC Southwasteland the Colts play in. There is actual competition, there.

#19 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:49 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 01 September 2015 - 07:22 PM, said:

Lots of momentum going with Miami this year, have they got what it takes to win the Superbowl?

Miami does look better, but that's not saying much because they've been so bad for so long.

I am excited about Jarvis Landry, though. I drafted him way earlier than his worth, but since I won last year I took the liberty to gamble quite a bit with this year's draft. I went with a lot of gut feelings and strange picks.

My feeling is that there is a far greater chance that I fail to cash in on my risky picks and finish rather poorly, but at the same time, I still left myself a small chance for such gambles to pay off big time.

- Maynard James Keenan

#20 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:03 AM

Shin, Oh Shin.

Where for art thou, Shin.

You have about 3 hours or so, and that's only because I put in the pick Ben left with me around 4 hours later than I could have .

Let's make it do what it do, peoples.

These are rounds 13 and 14 folks. Last year we didon't even get to finish picking these late rounds, Ben had to just finish filling us in randomly. Of course that may have been the year before last, but the point remains the same.

It doesn't take 12 hours to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

Oh, and since some of you feel I'm making everyone feel a bit rushed, and therefore I'm obviously not on my best behavior nor using my manners, allow me to extend a little courtesy. So.

Please.
Pretty please.
With cherries on top.
Make your fucking picks.

- Maynard James Keenan

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users