Omtose – labba Starling - Symp
Denul – rabba ADemonLlama –Teacher
Hood's Path – dingdong Linear
Telas – manama Calm’sPeace
Aranatha – dododo Andorian
Demelain – bootboot Messremb
Hanas – doowop Tattersail

The Role PMs

You are a noble prize winning scientist, trying to run your lab and make further progress in your field. Someone keeps messing up your data and pushing your other lab techs to quit. Not only an expert researcher, you are also an excellent teacher (just a bad judge of character). Well, maybe you can redeem yourself on that point.
You are a Role Distributor, and you can make one of two choices on how to do this. Please submit your choice to Shinrei ASAP.
Choice #1
On Day 1 you can choose to distribute one of the following roles to the game-alt of your choice:
A ) BulletProof - That player gains a BP available from the subequent Night.
or
B ) Vigilante - That player gains a one off Vig available for use from the subsequent Night.
On Day 2, you can award the remaining ability to another game-alt of your choice.
If you did not award anything on day 1, this choice becomes void.
------------------OR------------------------
You can choose to award the game-alt of your choice the following role on day TWO (nothing for night 1):
1) Guard - That player becomes a guard.
And no, you don't have any idea who town/scum are, so you could conceivably award these abilities to scum rather than town.

You are a lab saboteur. You are trying to ruin everything this lab attempts to accomplish.
Role: Killer
Each night, please....yeah, you know what to do. ;)

You aren't willing to get your hands dirty, but you do secretly hope the saboteur is successful in destroying this laboratories' research.
You are a Symp. You do not have off thread communication, but you do know who your master is.
Your master is Eloth.

Balance is admittedly town slanted - more on that later
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#2 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:53 PM

NA's
Llaama has chosen to wait and assign the guard role.

Khell is going to kill his symp, Omtose.

The basic setup idea was to have a killer/symp considering it's only 8 players.

There were either going to be one or two town roles. The teacher is NOT allowed to reveal anything.

The possibility exists for the teacher to give the role to scum rather than town.

It's hard for scum because there's only 1 killer - they have to play a good game.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#3 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:09 PM

Shinrei, on 12 August 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

NA's

Small game like this, I think I would have gone the BP/Vig route. I mean, a Vig and a Guard are both about as useful, the difference being that a Vig could hurt town where a Guard can't, but a BP in a small game like this could be invaluable!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#4 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:20 PM

Yeah, but I'd be paranoid about giving a BP or Vig (or both) to a symp. Or giving a BP to the killer making the vig useless. If you give the guard position to scum by accident, it can't actually hurt town.

#5 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:06 PM

Shinrei, on 12 August 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

NA's

Khell is going to kill his symp, Omtose.

The basic setup idea was to have a killer/symp considering it's only 8 players.

There were either going to be one or two town roles. The teacher is NOT allowed to reveal anything.

The possibility exists for the teacher to give the role to scum rather than town.

It's hard for scum because there's only 1 killer - they have to play a good game.

Khell as scum... I think that it is a draw. He should be able to make up for the fact that the game is balanced toward town. Of course him killing his Symp doesn't help.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#6 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:55 PM

Vengeance, on 12 August 2015 - 07:06 PM, said:

Khell as scum... I think that it is a draw. He should be able to make up for the fact that the game is balanced toward town. Of course him killing his Symp doesn't help.

He works better under pressure.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#7 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:13 PM

Doesn't matter! They lynched him Day 1....

...wow! Nice job guys!

Here's a PM dump for posterity:

Omtose, on 11 August 2015 - 01:58 AM, said:

Yussss. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've played a symp!

Eloth, on 11 August 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

I am THE saboteur.

Although I have a bad feeling about how this game will go for me, I think it's been a while since I've been scum.

Demelain, on 11 August 2015 - 06:36 AM, said:

Heh, unless people notice that I am once again in the Demelain alt. 3rd time in 4 games?

Now to figure out how this game works...

Demelain, on 12 August 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

Something new for the Mafia 101:

The Messremb Defence - a self vote triggered by players going loopy over a very small number of posts and deciding the poster must be scum when in fact they're RI and busy

Telas, on 11 August 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

So, I have no suspicions at this point. Looks like two townies trying to fight it out on the board right now, Hanas and HP. I'm interested to see how the pain pills interfere with my burgeoning noobie mafia skills..I'm really glad I didn't get a role. I'm not sure if noobie cam, but I can't think a drugged noobie with a role would be good for the overall game. ;)

This post has been edited by Shinrei: 12 August 2015 - 11:14 PM

#8 User is offline   Calm's Peace 

• Recruit

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:27 PM

Thanks for modding shin!

#9 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:16 PM

Ugh, how embarrassing ;)
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#10 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:09 AM

As soon as I saw that the saboteur was the saboteur, I figured you had this one sewn up before it even began. ;)

#11 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:23 PM

Shinrei, on 14 August 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

As soon as I saw that the saboteur was the saboteur, I figured you had this one sewn up before it even began. ;)

Unfortunately I sabotaged myself.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users