• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia Negative 1 Sabotage!

#41 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:24 AM

Aranatha, on 11 August 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

Second!.....Wait. Are we not doing that anymore?

Aranatha, on 11 August 2015 - 02:50 PM, said:

I don't think there is a finder. No hint whatsoever in the OP

Got to head out but wanted to highlight a potential coaster. This is all the contribution they've had to offer so far and again on the town role. This is after HP was talking about it but it's one yo watch. All we as town need to know is how many town and what type of scum we think could be in play. Scum already have the most information so it's best not to try and give them anymore.
Anyway given how small our numbers are, this isn't enough to help town.

#42 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:30 AM

Sorry for not being around earlier, here now for most of the day hopefully.

Let's see...not much for me to say on the issue concerning me, as it is nothing I did. So I guess I can only say the thing which I feel like I've said every single game I've played recently: Signalling hasn't happened in like a billion years, fake or otherwise, so I'd be surprised if Demelain was even fake-signalling me, rather than just being a dumbass. I really wish people would drop things like this - they take up the whole day and they're invariably the wrong track.

I'd rather follow other paths, even if this one didn't specifically concern me. So that's all I'll say on that.

#43 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:37 AM

I'd rather look at things like this instead:

Hanas, on 11 August 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

I do not mind Telas trying to work out mechanics. Ie How many scum we are looking for.

Hood, on 11 August 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

Telas, on 11 August 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

I'm here with one slightly mangled/smaller pinky finger, thank you intake on the leaf blower.

Sleep deprivation is a key component in creating a genius mad scientist! So lets agree today that none of us will sleep until the game is over..It's the only way to truly delve the mind of a lab assistant.. ;)

Set-up looks pretty straight forward

6 lab assistants (town), 2 scum (killer/symp?)

i'd assume there'd be at least one roled town. Maybe a senior assistant or head RA as a finder

Hood, on 11 August 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

on second thought we could have a protector rather than a finder, or both. If that's the case i wouldn't advise a reveal until later. If we have a finder with no protector in the game that an end game play, not an early game play.

Granted we could also have 6-7 RI and 1-2 scum as well.

I do have a problem with these two posts.

vote Hood's path

Now let me go back to studying this chocolate through taste testing.

By which I mean, Hanas, not Hood's Path. I totally agree with HP and I don't see what they've supposedly done wrong. Why give Telas a free pass but then jump on HP, who was developing upon a question asked first by Telas? Saying things like role speculation only hurts town is bullshit.

Let's be a little more nuanced than that: Saying something like "Okaros is probably a finder" hurts town. Saying, "There's probably a roled town, maybe a finder" does not. As if scum wouldn't be able to come to the same conclusions without town saying it.

#44 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:55 AM

I totally disagree with you. Those that have a role may tend to talk about that role but no role has been indicated anywhere. Where does it benefit town to talk about town roles? As reveals are allowed someone could pop up and say they are a finder when they are in fact the symp.

Look at what HP is saying, his point of view is speculation on town roles. He's not looking at what scum we might have.

We could have an FM, a cult, an inheritance mechanic, standard scum pair, scum and a symp etc but that's not what he's looking at.

Wcs scenario we have 6 ri's and 2 scum which is exactly what Telas said. HP took the bait.

When I've been scum I've fallen into the trap Telas laid out. Someone mentions mechanics and I've jumped in from a similar point of view as HP.

That in itself is not damning. It was enough to warrant an early vote but his over reaction, defensiveness, Omgus and then playing the "I'm new card" was enough to see him lynched in my opinion.

#45 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:06 PM

Hanas, on 12 August 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

I totally disagree with you. Those that have a role may tend to talk about that role but no role has been indicated anywhere. Where does it benefit town to talk about town roles? As reveals are allowed someone could pop up and say they are a finder when they are in fact the symp.

Look at what HP is saying, his point of view is speculation on town roles. He's not looking at what scum we might have.

We could have an FM, a cult, an inheritance mechanic, standard scum pair, scum and a symp etc but that's not what he's looking at.

Wcs scenario we have 6 ri's and 2 scum which is exactly what Telas said. HP took the bait.

When I've been scum I've fallen into the trap Telas laid out. Someone mentions mechanics and I've jumped in from a similar point of view as HP.

That in itself is not damning. It was enough to warrant an early vote but his over reaction, defensiveness, Omgus and then playing the "I'm new card" was enough to see him lynched in my opinion.

I'm not going to speak for HP so I'll keep this short.

Your argument is a bit of a mess. Your second sentence has no obvious link to your first sentence. Yes, there could be fake reveals, what exactly is your point there? There could be fake reveals whether anyone talked about roles or not.

From MY experience, scum tend to talk about scum roles, and town about town. People talk about what they're most confident on, whether they do it consciously or not.

So I guess our experiences do not match, and that's why we differ in opinion on this.

#46 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:09 PM

On a different but related point, it's hard to figure you Hanas.

An eager townie sniffing every which way for suspicious behaviour? Or an eager symp pointing fingers in several directions at once - I count HP, Dem, myself, and Aranatha so far.

I suppose the answer lies in if it looks like you're covering for/avoiding someone. Too early to tell as yet I think.

#47 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:33 PM

It is Day 1

Day has

7 hours and 5 minutes left.

Nights will be 5 minutes.

There are 8 players alive:

Aranatha, Demelain, Denul, Eloth, Hanas, Hood's Path, Omtose, Telas

1 Vote Hood's Path: Hanas
1 Vote Hanas: Hood's Path

Players not voting: Aranatha, Demelain, Denul, Eloth, Omtose, Telas
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#48 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:38 PM

Fuck it. I don't care. The activity bothers me. I'm getting grumpy in my old age.

You say I'm bouncing around accusing this person or that. You're wrong. It just looks that way. I want responses from the people I point out. I want Aranatha to step it up. I wasn't the one who pointed out Demelain signalling you. Yet I put my thoughts on the matter out there. If everyone had similar levels of activity we'd get more done. At this rate we are going to timeout without a lynch. Scum will get their kill, we will be on day 2 with our dicks in our hands.

#49 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:45 PM

Eloth, on 12 August 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

Hanas, on 12 August 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

I'm not going to speak for HP so I'll keep this short.

Your argument is a bit of a mess. Your second sentence has no obvious link to your first sentence. Yes, there could be fake reveals, what exactly is your point there? There could be fake reveals whether anyone talked about roles or not.

From MY experience, scum tend to talk about scum roles, and town about town. People talk about what they're most confident on, whether they do it consciously or not.

So I guess our experiences do not match, and that's why we differ in opinion on this.

And I don't care if it's a mess. You want me to present a perfect case on day one?

I say if we all agreed upon town having a role then it's more likely I reveal could happen. If we disregard that aspect then scum cannot use it as a weapon.

If you totally disagree with my thoughts on HP then you better present a better target because I'm not removing until one is provided.

If you're the scum then it's easy to protect HP because you know you're right. You present my actions as scummy to discredit me and put doubt into others minds.

I'm not saying you're scum or town because I don't know or haven't decided yet.

#50 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:58 PM

Hanas, on 12 August 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

And I don't care if it's a mess. You want me to present a perfect case on day one?

I say if we all agreed upon town having a role then it's more likely I reveal could happen. If we disregard that aspect then scum cannot use it as a weapon.

If you totally disagree with my thoughts on HP then you better present a better target because I'm not removing until one is provided.

If you're the scum then it's easy to protect HP because you know you're right. You present my actions as scummy to discredit me and put doubt into others minds.

I'm not saying you're scum or town because I don't know or haven't decided yet.

I present your actions as 'possibly' scummy. Is that not the same thing you say you are doing, only now you're getting in a huff because it's being done to you?

I disagree with your thought process on HP but that doesn't mean HP is not scum - just that your thought process is wrong in my eyes ;)

As for targets, I'm also not too keen on lynching a non-contributor on day 1. Fewer potential connections down that route, and I prefer giving people a chance to up their game (though, yeah, 36 hours should be enough, but hey, it often hasn't been). I'll see what else I can see.

#51 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:02 PM

Demelain, on 11 August 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

Telas, on 11 August 2015 - 09:39 PM, said:

Demelain, on 11 August 2015 - 04:32 PM, said:

Eloth, on 11 August 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

The onward march of scientific progress can never be halted! I shall prove this by successfully breeding this here pig with this here eagle.

Signalling!

Vote Fene

Oh sorry got a little carried away there. Must be all the pro plus I've been dissolving in my coffee.

Interesting first post..

trying to stay under the radar?
two potential candidates were on the lynch board and you didn't comment on them or the game set-up..
potentially signaling Eloth by "joking" about signaling,
and you also went and made all the specimen livestock nervous by talking about penis enlargement pills (that's what google said pro plus was)..

That says more about your search history than anything else. Pro Plus.

Potential candidates are an OMGUS and speculation on town roles. As has already been said town role spec is both/either scummy and new player-esque.

I am going to assume symp/killer are scum with probably an inheritance mechanic should we lynch killer D1. Either that or two killers. Symp needs to signal. Paired killers don't. Non-paired killers do but very very hard to do. So 2/3 chance of signalling so at least you're looking I suppose.

Hehe, I guess this is what I was talking about before. In my estimation, scum are more likely to talk about scum mechanics. Lo and behold...

Vote Demelain

#52 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:22 PM

It is Day 1

Day has

6 hours and 45 minutes left.

Nights will be 5 minutes.

There are 8 players alive:

Aranatha, Demelain, Denul, Eloth, Hanas, Hood's Path, Omtose, Telas

1 Vote Hood's Path: Hanas
1 Vote Hanas: Hood's Path
1 Vote Demelain: Eloth

Players not voting: Aranatha, Demelain, Denul, Omtose, Telas
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#53 User is offline   Denul 

• Recruit

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:00 PM

Doing some rereading and I am more convinced that HP is a newer player just by the content and terminology used.

Demelains drawn out response to accusations of signaling is a bit unnecessary. Start talking about scum to distance yourself from the role? I can see what Eloth is proposing.

Vote Demelain

#54 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:59 PM

So far of everything posted here Hanas and Demelain stick out for me. Hanas because he is everywhere, interested in everybody, trying to make cases on everyone. And he doesn't need to make a solid case because its Day 1 and a lot of the lynches are makeshift affairs.

But Demelain overreacted a lot on a rather casual first day poke. Strange.

I am not going to vote Hanas yet though as all the things he has done are also good reasons why he may be a diligent townie.

Vote Demelain

#55 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:30 PM

Remove Vote

At least temporarily, I will be around all day to vote again. Having just noticed that despite the attention, Dem has all of two posts, I'd rather like to see if they have anything further to say before the lynch train goes too far.

#56 User is offline   Demelain 

• Recruit

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:49 PM

Eloth, on 12 August 2015 - 04:30 PM, said:

Remove Vote

At least temporarily, I will be around all day to vote again. Having just noticed that despite the attention, Dem has all of two posts, I'd rather like to see if they have anything further to say before the lynch train goes too far.

Nothing at all. Have been busy.

Vote Demelain.

#57 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:04 PM

Demelain, on 12 August 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

Eloth, on 12 August 2015 - 04:30 PM, said:

Remove Vote

Nothing at all. Have been busy.

Vote Demelain.

What's the point of the self vote here? The game is based on accusing each other and defending yourself as best you can with arguments. You can also choose not to respond if your busy. Eloth removed a lot of pressure by removing his vote. So remove the self-vote and lets enjoy the game. Getting pissed is part of it. There are several hours left on the clock. ;) Vote anyone else. Don't like the choices pick a new one and lets have fun. If your town, a non-vote would be better than a self vote.

#58 User is offline   Denul 

• Recruit

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:12 PM

Maybe Eloth and Demelain are both scum and Eloth distances himself by voting him, then "wants to hear" from Demelain, after his vote on him, not before. Once Demelain comes all pouty and self votes because hes a "hurt towny" Demalain comes back saying that hes actually not convinced now and then a day is wasted with no lynch.

Self vote helps no one. You are either saying you are giving up as a childish response or want it to seem that way cause in reality you are scum.

#59 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:15 PM

The self vote seems to be a bit of an overreaction just as the early self defense seemed to be an overreaction

#60 User is offline   Demelain 

• Recruit

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:15 PM

This may come as a surprise to you but I'm town. If I'm not lynched today then tomorrow will be the usual bullshit of "<x> was nearly lynched, we need to clear this up" followed by trying to draw connections between me and others. There are none, I know nothing about any of you. You've seen my two posts and decided to go for me. Well finish me off and move on, cut the crap.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users