Malazan Empire: Greetings, fellow mortal fans! - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Greetings, fellow mortal fans! What do you know, I just wrote a short fan fic scene!

#1 User is offline   paradanmellow 

• Unaligned Card
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:art, psychology, potatoes
  • walking the shores of lake Azur

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:27 PM

Hello there!
I've recently became a fan of The Malazan Book of the Fallen, especially those 3 (and I suppose Forge of Darkness too) in which Anomander Rake makes breve but otherwise significant apparitions. I am not very informed of the trope's characteristics but to my mind Anomander is one of the Elric-Witcher-Rhaegar series of white haired, young but old tragic heroes. This being said, I'm not too upset that I am writing a novel lacking in originality if my main character suffers from the same idealization. I am only relieved that I started it before having read about any of the above mentioned protagonists, inspired by Diablo 2's necromancer, alas.

As for a few words about myself, I am from Romania, not an English native, I graduated decorative arts, love making illustration, working as graphic designer in between commissions, with an old passion for fantasy, psychology and cute stuff. People say I'm weird but it's not that glamorous anymore when you're nearing 30. I hope to meet some interesting people here to discuss common topics. I love debate and love itself - it figures, I'm an ENTP Libra, female also. Not necessarily looking for a date tho. Geeks consider that obsolete, unworthy of pursuit and something usually kept as a hidden agenda.

In other words, I'll be posting a short fanfic scene I concocted a couple of days ago, hopefully for your viewing pleasure.
Feel free to reply and let me know what you think!
I actually insist :apt:
There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

#2 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:51 PM

welcome to our strange community. I hope you enjoy your time browsing here. If you want to ask tropes ask silencer he's practially a walking encyclopedia or tropes. Oh and any questions about the series send to d'rek. Her memory of the series is inhumanely large. I'd have to takes notes with page reference to pull off the posts she makes.

Interesting you mention your myers briggs result. Myself im actually borderline on every trait. Between HS and finishing Uni i went from hardcore INTJ to the total but boderline opposite (can't recall what it is)

#3 User is offline   paradanmellow 

• Unaligned Card

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:22 PM

That was fast! Thanks for showing interest!

Erm, and thanks for the tips, lol. I'll keep that in mind if the itch persists.
MBTI used to be very important for me, I used to research personality theories a lot a few years back. Now I settled on ageless wisdom derived from Jung's approach and dream interpretation. As for "veering" from INTJ to its opposite, that's fairly normal until age 25 or so. It is said personality will begin to stabilizes by then, although it is ever changing and hardly fitting four letter descriptions. And by the way, the opposite of INTJ would be exactly ENTP and I would have a hard time believing anyone could change as much. it's as if changing sex or something. But it should be relatively constant - borderline also - after say 25. *shrug*

XD

#4 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:49 PM

View Postparadanmellow, on 04 August 2015 - 07:22 PM, said:

That was fast! Thanks for showing interest!

Erm, and thanks for the tips, lol. I'll keep that in mind if the itch persists.
MBTI used to be very important for me, I used to research personality theories a lot a few years back. Now I settled on ageless wisdom derived from Jung's approach and dream interpretation. As for "veering" from INTJ to its opposite, that's fairly normal until age 25 or so. It is said personality will begin to stabilizes by then, although it is ever changing and hardly fitting four letter descriptions. And by the way, the opposite of INTJ would be exactly ENTP and I would have a hard time believing anyone could change as much. it's as if changing sex or something. But it should be relatively constant - borderline also - after say 25. *shrug*

XD

What motivated this curiosity into personality?

If switching personality types is as drastic as you say, as in, similar to getting a sex change, there is still a precedent for it no? Looking back on my life my personality has been quite malleable, changing from situation to situation, group to group. As well as my role in different groups of friends. The social situations i was in when i was in HS was the polar opposite of what i was in UNI, which would explain the change.

#5 User is offline   paradanmellow 

• Unaligned Card

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:55 PM

View PostLinearPhilosopher, on 04 August 2015 - 07:49 PM, said:

If switching personality types is as drastic as you say, as in, similar to getting a sex change, there is still a precedent for it no? Looking back on my life my personality has been quite malleable, changing from situation to situation, group to group. As well as my role in different groups of friends. The social situations i was in when i was in HS was the polar opposite of what i was in UNI, which would explain the change.

I have no idea what motivated it. A natural tendency for introspection? The usual "why has this happened" question? Maybe from trying to understand people, which is had for me without help. The Fe (extroverted feeling) which is responsible for a good relationship with other people is a third function with me, making it the second weakest after Si (introverted sensing), meaning I either show too much enthusiasm or too little when interacting with new folk, never constant and thus awkward (especially with small talk, Beru fend!).
Then again I don't claim to be an authority on the matter, I just know enough to babble about it without being contradicted unless the other's aim is malign.
The drastic change is normal until a certain age but I wouldn't perceive it as such anymore in full adulthood unless there's some neural damage, no? Changes of lesser value are welcomed tho, like you said, as adaptation. Yet adaptation doesn't mean a change of personality, it's simply a feature of a healthy one. The core personality remains the same, only certain functions are exacerbated as the situation requires, which is why different people do better or poorer at the same task. Don't tell me you were too comfortable with turning into your very opposite, no healthy person should be. I'm talking healthy here, which I assume you are, lol. Mental diseases are a different story, not so easy to broach in a casual talk, although tempting. I've burned myself by arguing with people who claimed they were insane and were very proud of it too.

Eh, but all is relative. What personality are you at the moment?

#6 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:58 AM

View Postparadanmellow, on 04 August 2015 - 09:55 PM, said:

View PostLinearPhilosopher, on 04 August 2015 - 07:49 PM, said:

I have no idea what motivated it. A natural tendency for introspection? The usual "why has this happened" question? Maybe from trying to understand people, which is had for me without help. The Fe (extroverted feeling) which is responsible for a good relationship with other people is a third function with me, making it the second weakest after Si (introverted sensing), meaning I either show too much enthusiasm or too little when interacting with new folk, never constant and thus awkward (especially with small talk, Beru fend!).
Then again I don't claim to be an authority on the matter, I just know enough to babble about it without being contradicted unless the other's aim is malign.
The drastic change is normal until a certain age but I wouldn't perceive it as such anymore in full adulthood unless there's some neural damage, no? Changes of lesser value are welcomed tho, like you said, as adaptation. Yet adaptation doesn't mean a change of personality, it's simply a feature of a healthy one. The core personality remains the same, only certain functions are exacerbated as the situation requires, which is why different people do better or poorer at the same task. Don't tell me you were too comfortable with turning into your very opposite, no healthy person should be. I'm talking healthy here, which I assume you are, lol. Mental diseases are a different story, not so easy to broach in a casual talk, although tempting. I've burned myself by arguing with people who claimed they were insane and were very proud of it too.

Eh, but all is relative. What personality are you at the moment?

I wouldn't say i was comfortable doing the change, quite the opposite in fact. It was however necessary and overall has improved my standard of life. Most worthwhile things in life need to be paid for in pain but that's another discussion.

As for what personality i am atm, unsure it's been a while since i've bothered to test myself. In general i'm not a big fan of introspection these days. Doesn't lead anywhere interesting, doesn't reveal anything i'm not already aware of. The world on the other hand is full of wonders.

#7 User is offline   paradanmellow 

• Unaligned Card

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:42 AM

View PostLinearPhilosopher, on 06 August 2015 - 03:58 AM, said:

I wouldn't say i was comfortable doing the change, quite the opposite in fact. It was however necessary and overall has improved my standard of life. Most worthwhile things in life need to be paid for in pain but that's another discussion.

As for what personality i am atm, unsure it's been a while since i've bothered to test myself. In general i'm not a big fan of introspection these days. Doesn't lead anywhere interesting, doesn't reveal anything i'm not already aware of. The world on the other hand is full of wonders.

The painful sacrifice is an interesting subject but I agree it's another discussion. Hehe, even talking about it has its own pains (meaning it's worth it?). I go to ridiculous lengths to avoid pain though and in the end, it's ironic, I get to suffer without having achieved much except for a better understanding of courage.
Yes, the world! I should try that too :apt:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users