• You cannot reply to this topic

Fist Gamet & Dragon Helmed Woman

#1 User is offline   BionicBarry 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:40 AM

Doing a re-read of HOC,

**Spoilers if you havent read up to 94%**

Do we know the identity of Fist Gamet's apparent post-death love interest? The description struck me as too particular or vivid to be a nobody.

She is a Cavalry rider, with a dragon-winged helm.

"The company's standard bearer was just a few horses to Gamets left. He squinted up at the banner, wondered that he had never seen it before. There was something of the Khundryl in its design, torn and frayed though it was. A clan of the Burned Tears then - which made sense given the archaic armor his comrades were wearing..."

The woman is clearly long dead, as is Gamet being deceased at this point.

After the slaughter, she finds him again, raises her visor. "-to reveal the face of a dark-skinned woman, her eyes a stunning blue within a web of desert lines."

So who the hell is this woman? I really enjoyed Gamet's story arc, maybe I'm reading into this too much but who could it be? Galls great grandmother?

When in doubt assume Olar Ethil?

#2 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:01 AM

View PostBionicBarry, on 27 June 2015 - 03:40 AM, said:

Doing a re-read of HOC,

**Spoilers if you havent read up to 94%**

Do we know the identity of Fist Gamet's apparent post-death love interest? The description struck me as too particular or vivid to be a nobody.

She is a Cavalry rider, with a dragon-winged helm.

"The company's standard bearer was just a few horses to Gamets left. He squinted up at the banner, wondered that he had never seen it before. There was something of the Khundryl in its design, torn and frayed though it was. A clan of the Burned Tears then - which made sense given the archaic armor his comrades were wearing..."

The woman is clearly long dead, as is Gamet being deceased at this point.

After the slaughter, she finds him again, raises her visor. "-to reveal the face of a dark-skinned woman, her eyes a stunning blue within a web of desert lines."

So who the hell is this woman? I really enjoyed Gamet's story arc, maybe I'm reading into this too much but who could it be? Galls great grandmother?

When in doubt assume Olar Ethil?

The issue with this area of the book is that due to the awakening of Raraku lots of long-dead armies and soldiers have awakened and now follow the Bonehunters. They may not be anyone ever named in the series.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users