Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

If you are looking for a subject...

#1 User is offline   Azath Housecat 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:06 PM

This scene grabs my imagination, but it's stuck there because I'm no artist. Even if I could draw, I think it would be complicated. Just putting it out here to see if anybody is interested...

From Gardens of the Moon, chapter 9 (close to the beginning of the chapter): Lorn and her entourage were attacked by a group of Barghasts. The only ones left standing were Lorn and one of the Barghast. She hit the ground, dislocating her shoulder.

"Now, she thought, the only thing left to do is die. She rolled onto her back. With a growl the Barghast was standing beside her, ax raised high.

Lorn was in a good position to see the skeletal hand bursting from the earth beneath the Barghast. It grasped an ankle. Bones snapped and the warrior screamed. Vaguely, as she watched, she wondered where the other two savages had gone. All sounds of fighting seemed to have stopped, but the ground rumbled with a growing, urgent thunder.

The Barghast stared down at the hand crushing his shin. He screamed again as the wide, rippled blade of a flint sword shot up between his legs. The ax left the warrior's hands as he frantically brought them down in an effort to deflect the sword, twisting to one side and kicking out with his free leg. It all came too late. The sword impaled him, jamming against his hipbone and lifting him from the ground. His dying shriek rose skyward."

I was captured by the idea of the skeletal hand bursting forth & grabbing the ankle, right in front of Lorn's face... Any part of Onos T'oolan taking on the Barghast while simultaneously emerging from the ground would be something to see.

Just a suggestion :)

This post has been edited by aimzzz: 20 June 2015 - 06:47 PM

#2 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:16 PM

Oh yah, I forgot the first major thing Tool does in the series is kill Barghast. Radical.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 20 June 2015 - 02:35 AM

Nice idea. That scene struck me as wuite awesome. On my first read I was mentally bracing myself for an outbreak of zombies

#4 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 20 June 2015 - 02:42 PM

I'm pretty sure the Subterranean Press edition of GotM included an illustration of this scene, didn't it?
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#5 User is offline   Azath Housecat 

• Lieutenant

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:46 PM

View PostPuckstein, on 20 June 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure the Subterranean Press edition of GotM included an illustration of this scene, didn't it?

Could be... I only have the Kindle version-- no pics. I just stumbled onto MBoF this year, so there's plenty I don't know

~~~~~~ pause ~~~~~~

Googled & found it— the aftermath, with Tool killing the guy in a way that's hard to wish on anybody. Not to be whiny, but what I had in mind was earlier, when Tool was already in action before he was all the way out of the ground. Somehow, I'm especially attached to the skeletal hand bursting out of the ground, grabbing the ankle & the reactions of the people, who never imagined such a thing might happen.

~~~

Heh,
I'm sure there are more artistic ways of looking at it... :)

Attached File  Tool-Lorn 2.jpg (27.65K)
Number of downloads: 0

This post has been edited by aimzzz: 22 June 2015 - 10:55 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users