Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A quick Wiki Update Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:33 PM

As of today, 19 June 2015, the page total is 2645 and we are only 14 images short of 200 in the Fan Art category!!!

Current projects include:

- Chapter summaries for Memories of Ice which Johntocaelpiano is bravely attacking - worth reading if you can't remember who did what and when
- apart from managing the Image of the Week feature, aimzzz is busily adding quotes and doing a great job sorting out some of the more dodgy phrasing on the Wiki
- lots of Empire artists are continuously contributing to the ever growing database of amazing images - check out the latest by Dolmen, Corporal Nobbs and Yapattack, to name but a few
- DaddinG has embarked on adding every last morsel about Darujhistan (drawing from dozens of pages of notes made whilst reading)
- Wisperzzzzzzz is supplying us with new Malazan exclamations faster than we can add them to the Wiki
- Apart from my slow word by word of GotM editing, I have been trying to link images back to artist's own pages, mostly on DeviantArt... if you see any without link and know where to find the artist, please send me a message/post on thread etc.

and thus, not in the least thanks to lots of odd contributors popping in doing bits and bobs, the Wiki is steadily growing. ;)

If you fancy being part of it, come and have a go!

Oh, and did I mention we already have 146 votes in the poll on the homepage?! :)

#2 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:27 PM

Y'all do good work.

#3 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 24 June 2015 - 11:14 PM

Thanks Wisperzzzzzzz :)

Further to my previous update, Davidgh211 has now posted the main page RotCG summaries. So for those needing a quick recap before embarking on the rest of the Esslemont books check out:

http://malazan.wikia...e_Crimson_Guard

... and the poll has gone up by a further 20 votes with Memories of Ice still being well ahead of everyone!

Don't forget to vote in the Malazan Art thread for the next image of the week!

#4 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:28 AM

192 votes in the Poll already!!!

http://malazan.wikia...ki/Malazan_Wiki

Looks like it's a close race for the top.... not.

Memories of Ice has been the consistent front runner from the start and that does not seem likely to change anytime soon. 52 out of 192 in favour :p

Dust of Dreams is trailing the field with only 4 vote. Should have been lumped in with tCG as the two are really one book. Ah, well, maybe another time.

#5 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:20 PM

We now have the Image of the Week Poll up and running. That means you can tell everyone you know outside the forum that they are now able to vote and nominate. No registration required for either, although the nomination thread on the Art board is ongoing. The image has just changed. The poll last week garnered 41 votes and Icarium's Wrath was the clear winner. Take a look and influence who will be on the front page next week:

http://malazan.wikia...f_the_Week_Poll

The book poll on the home page now stands at 241 votes with Memories of Ice the undisputed front runner ;)

http://malazan.wikia...ki/Malazan_Wiki

It is interesting to see how the votes increase from book 1-3, then dip in book 4 where we see the introduction of a lot of new material around Karsa. The votes then increase again over the next couple of books. The next dip for book 7, also coincides with the introduction of a new major player, this time the Edur and the Lether Empire. Same thing happens, the following book is more popular. With the last two books, I am certain, the low votes for Dust of Dreams are a reflection that it is only the first part of a two book story and the second and final book does score much higher.

All in all... don't you just love statistics?!

#6 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:18 AM

So this is the Draft of Wikia Art Book by Book Categories.

Comments and critiques are welcome!

Edit: The entire JPG doesn't fit, but if you open it in a new tab it should display just fine

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Andorion: 27 July 2015 - 03:19 AM

#7 User is offline   Azath Housecat 

• Lieutenant

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:03 PM

View PostAndorion, on 27 July 2015 - 03:18 AM, said:

So this is the Draft of Wikia Art Book by Book Categories.

Comments and critiques are welcome!

Attachment wikia art.jpg

Edit: The entire JPG doesn't fit, but if you open it in a new tab it should display just fine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By now you must be seeing Malazan in your dreams! (Hopefully on the better end of the sword) :(
Speaking from experience I know there's a need for a spoiler-free gallery. Partway thru MoI, I decided to google pictures, and of course, there it was... the climactic scene! Noooooo!!!

You're doing a great job, Andorion!

This post has been edited by aimzzz: 31 July 2015 - 10:20 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users