Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

laseen and Kellanved?

#1 User is offline   Onos T"oolan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:17 AM

Hey new to the forum. Im about 3/4 of the way through house of chains right now and I have a question. It was just revealed to me that laseen was a part of kellanved's and dancer's fake death. What I know so far is that Kellanved, dancer, and laseen together planned to pretend like they laseen killed them so that no one would know they ascended. So if she was apart of the plan the whole time, then why did cotillion and shadowthrone take control of Apsalar in book 1? I think they said something like "laseen will never see this coming" or something like that. But if she was apart of the plan why would they want revenge on her in book 1? If this is revealed later in the series just say so. I just want to make sure I didnt miss some important detail. No spoilers please. Thanks!

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:23 AM

Can you post the quote?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:45 AM

Have you read Esslemont's Night of Knives yet? You get a better picture of those events in there. However, I think you may be misinterpreting the conversation in HoC if you are referring to the talk between Apsalar and Crokus. Nowhere does it say explicitly that Kellanved, Dancer and Laseen plotted together, I don't think, just that ST and Cots knew what Laseen was planning and used it to their own end.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 09 June 2015 - 08:45 AM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#4 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:59 AM

There's a shift in the plot between GotM and the rest of the Books.

MOI suggests that the possession of Sorry was actually a way to get Cotillion into the army and close to the Panion Seer with out revealing their hand. Same thing with the inversion of the power structure in the army, where WJ became a sergeant instead of a high fist. It was all prep for the Panion war.

Which makes very little sense but lets go with it.

Laseen was not in on the ascension of Kelanved and Dancer. At the time of the Night of Knives, the two had been absent for great swathes of time, the Empire lacked leadership and Laseen stepped in and took over. That doesn't mean it was some selfless act, it was about ambition and power but the truth was that the empire had never been anything but a means to an end for Kelanved and Dancer.

#5 User is offline   melonhead 

• Lieutenant

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:26 AM

You know what I love about these books? Any inconsistencies can be blamed on cotillion and kellanved meddling. And shadow meddles in everything.
Do you think God stays in heaven because he too, lives in fear of what he's created?Steve BuscemiSpy Kids 2

#6 User is offline   Mist 

• Corporal

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:28 PM

Well if you come to think of it, ST and Cot are involved at some level in all the major events in all the books, but also the CG. IMO The big plot is played by Gods and ascendants. In HoC Apsalar and Crokus get a hint of ST and Cot big plan, but other players enter the game with every chapter. There is a brief passage where ST's mind is racing when the hounds of darkness apear, which surely means we still have to see many unexpected and very powerful players that will sooner or later start adding fuel to this massive story. We will just to Keep pushing to find out

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users