• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fallout 4 - Confirmed

#161 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:44 AM

View PostTraveller, on 05 May 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

Haven't played for a while but don't you just send people from your other settlements? I'm pretty sure I was boosting populations and reducing overcrowded ones by clicking on settlers and sending them to different ones.

I went with the Sanctuary, have 18 people there at the moment, I don't look after other settlements to be honest, I defend them sometimes, but that's about it.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#162 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 15 May 2016 - 06:15 PM

Survival is soooooo good, but holy shy can be frustrating. Everything is more important and compelling because you progress could be wiped back to your last sleep at any time.
Error: Signature not valid

#163 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:18 PM

The wife and squirts will be out of town for the next 2 days so i'm finally gonna dig into Automatron.

Anyone tried the "Wastleand Workshop" yet?
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#164 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:43 AM

I wish I had it before doing my big builds. The construction bug has passed me for now and that is what it is good for.
Error: Signature not valid

#165 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:28 AM

I only discovered this weekend that you can invest into a shop that you created, I had a shed load of junk/weapons/armour etc just sitting there in my workshop. I have 11 shops built, invested in them all, bought some stuff I want then sold all my junk and unwanted weapons/items. Ended up with loads and loads of bottlecaps whilst everyone at the stores were skint. Then I went and did 2 missions, came back and all the shop assistants/settlers had loads of money again! My eyes have lit up.

My happiness has started to rise past the 82 it was stagnated at. It is now up to 87, i'm hoping to get that magical 100 soon.

#166 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:40 AM

Final DLC

http://www.ign.com/a...yer-as-a-raider

Some interesting stuff. Hopefully, they are indeed adding a Raider faction.

Automatron was average. Just a decent DLC. The creat a robot is pretty damn sweet though.

Still chugging through Far Harbor. This ones pretty damn good.

#167 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:31 AM

Stuck going between 96/97 on this achievement. Grrrr.

#168 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:48 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 17 June 2016 - 03:40 AM, said:

Final DLC

http://www.ign.com/a...yer-as-a-raider

Some interesting stuff. Hopefully, they are indeed adding a Raider faction.

Automatron was average. Just a decent DLC. The creat a robot is pretty damn sweet though.

Still chugging through Far Harbor. This ones pretty damn good.

Can't view it via work's network - what's the general gist of this?

Have to say I doubt I'll play FH unless it comes down in cost. Couldn't afford the season pass on purchase and FH is retailing at like £20 - takes the total game cost including the other two DLCs to about £80 which is ridiculous.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#169 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:05 PM

It's set in the Nuka Cola theme park.

Says you can lead Raiders in attacking settlements, hoping it means there's a Raider faction.

#170 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:20 PM

**** Thread Necro ****

Did any of you guys get the 2+ GB update? I haven't had a chance to investigate what as been installed, but I saw something about a "Creation Club". Which I'm guessing has to do with the mod community?

#171 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:26 AM

Yeah, something about curated mods you pay for or some such?

I'm stomping round in a T60 suit on my first play through atm so not going to touch it yet.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#172 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:02 AM

I need to go back to this at some point, test out mods and hit up Nuka World plus the rest of Far Harbour. I platinumed the main game pretty fast and was basically done with it when only Automatron was out, which I did, so I think my stupidly invincible character is somewhere right at the beginning of the Far Harbour questline if I remember correctly.

It's a fun game but I don't think it came on enough from the previous titles to be honest, playing it makes me miss New Vegas as well.
"I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust." T.S Eliot - The Wasteland

#173 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:31 PM

I've been playing the free mobile tie in called Fallout Shelter.

It's unsurprisingly a very high quality idle game. Really polished, really pretty and fiendishly well balanced. You're an overseer managing a vault from its infancy. You start out by allowing a few people in and you set to work, making food, filtering water and generating electricity. From there you slowly expand, building science related rooms, training facilities, crafting workshops, etc. The goal is to grow the shelter with more expansions and upgrades, while trying to maintain the population. You can try to attract outsiders but that opens you to attacks. Better to do some human breeding programs and mix your dwellers according to their traits. I've begun to heavily train individual dwellers and couple them with individuals with opposite traits to get strong children. I mainly only allow outsiders now so that I can use their blood to dilute the ever more inbred population.

I have over a hundred dwellers in my shelter and I'm finally starting to feel comfortable about opening my vault door and sending people out to get the high grade crafting materials and weapons I need. I'm getting frequent Deathclaw attacks now which is terrifying but I can produce enough stimpacks to weather their assault.

The game is doing what it was meant to do though. I got an itch to go back and play Fallout 4. Just bought the Season Pass and am downloading it now. I was very dissatisfied with the base games quality but I've heard great things about the expansions. I think I am going to restart the game instead of using my old saves. As buggy as the game was, I did get immense enjoyment out of stomping around in my power armor and mowing things down with my lazor chain gunz.

#174 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:50 PM

Does that Fallout Shelter game tie in with Fallout 4? I was under the impression that you could acquire materials to use in Fallout 4 by playing that game.

Where Fallout 4 is concerned, I finished the main game and then played through the Far Harbor expansion. I had a lot of fun in Far Harbor. The story is easier to follow and succinct.
I've yet to play the Nuka-World expansion. I've sort of a hankering to play in now.

Man, I don't know if I would start all over again. Running from Mole Rats and Bloatflies early on when you can just turn them to ash with an energy weapon is too much of bummer.

#175 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:24 PM

Yeah not sure I would ever start again tbh, which says something I suppose, because I've replayed 3 and New Vegas multiple times and I just rebought the New Vegas Ultimate Edition because I discoevered my old copy was broke. The thing is I used strategic saves to do each faction questline without having to create a new character, so my motivation to start from the beginning is basically zero.

Nonetheless I do need to get on and give the Vault dlc, Nuka World and Far Harbour a go, it is still immensely enjoyable running around in my power armour with endless battery cores. I have that X something power armour, the strongest suit in the game, it does somewhat trivialise alot of encounters, but it's hecka fun :)

Anyone else disappointed not to have heard anything about an Obsidian sequel like New Vegas, really want Fallout: Big Apple, or Fallout: Windy City or something like that, New Vegas was soooooo freakin good.

#176 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:54 PM

Can't say I noticed any actual gameplay connection between FO Shelter and FO4 but maybe something pops up later... maybe?

I played about an hour of Fallout earlier. I don't think I'd want a Obsidian sequel. The game is outdated already. The character models and the AI is atrocious. Then again that wasn't new in 2015 either.

#177 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:42 PM

Imo, New Vegas was better than Fallout 3, I was hoping Obsidian would do for this new generation what they did for the last and create a better version of F4. But they definitely aren't working on anything right now, they have a sequel for Pillars of Eternity or something like that on the go, they've said they'd be happy to work on another game if Bethesda are interested though, so hopefully somewhere down the line. Anything they did would probably have to use a new engine though, I mean 4 should have used a new engine for sure, so I'm not too optimistic about it happening really, only so much a small company could do.

#178 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 November 2018 - 04:35 PM

So, it's time to address the elephant in the room (or Deathclaw in the courtyard Posted Image).

So, Fallout 76 comes out next week. You guys excited to play? Or 'nah, gonna pass'? Please discuss in earnest.

From the early reactions of game play and the beta that was recently made available, I don't have a lot of good feelings that it will be fun to play. What to you vault dwellers think?

#179 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 05 November 2018 - 05:32 PM

Zero interest. I don't care for multiplayer survival crafting games and I was underwhelmed by Fallout 4. If it gets great reviews and the content evolves over the next year I might check out out but there's so much else to play.

#180 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:02 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 05 November 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

Zero interest. I don't care for multiplayer survival crafting games and I was underwhelmed by Fallout 4. If it gets great reviews and the content evolves over the next year I might check out out but there's so much else to play.

I poured a metric ton of time into Fallout 4, and played all of the expansions (Far Harbor and Nuka World). I had a ton of fun playing it too. Fallout 4 was the first Fallout game I played so maybe I didn't have the perspective of how awesome Fallout 3 and New Vegas were? (I've read shining comments/reviews about New Vegas).

Anyway, I tend to agree. I'm not with the idea that Fallout 76 is hanging its hat on being multiplayer and not having a lot of single player activities. Although they do say you can traverse the world and do things by yourself.

It reminds me of The Elder Scrolls Online. I loved Skyrim, but didn't have any interest whatsoever in ESO. So unless it gets excellent reviews, I doubt Fallout 76 will be something I play.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users