Malazan Empire: Mafia Whatever Game Thread - Malazan Empire

• 70 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia Whatever Game Thread Post more, or post less, whatever you choose!

#1 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:57 AM

Welcome to Mafia Academy, where everyone will be trained to be retrained, and retrained to pay attention, post, participate and reap rewards or fall on your ass!

My name is ModGod Path-Shaper! In case you missed it. This is ModGod Hugin & Munin! In case you missed it. We are the meanest instructors here. We've got you because you are the worst people here. You are "D" Squad; "D" for "dirtbags." When I say: "Hey, dirtbags!" that means you. You people are going to hate my guts for the rest of your lives. I am going to make you sorry that you ever came here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone starts RI. If you are upset you didn't receive a role PM, well, you and everyone else.

Participation increases your chances of getting items, roles and...parodies. There are no limits to how many abilities/items/parodies you can possess at once.

Hidden in the bowels of Shinrei's "My Documents" folder are a set of "Rules for Posting". These rules govern who gets what as the game progresses. Each role/item/parody that becomes available will have a randomly assigned rule in place to determine who will be awarded the prize.

There are 3 things players can get:

1) Roles: Roles can be awarded at any time during the game, based on the "Rules for Posting." When a role has been awarded, the name of the role will be announced on thread. Roles are exactly what they say they are, no tricks.

2) Items: Items are usually a one use ability, but some can be used more than once. When an item becomes available to be "found", the name of the item and the entire description of what it does will be posted on thread. When the item has been gained by a player due to the "Rules for Posting" being fulfilled, that fact will also be announced on thread.

3) Parodies: These are to-be-performed actions that are rewarded to players based on the "Rules for Posting." These actions generally have a time limit (1 day sequence for instance) and must be performed by the player during that time. When a parody have been awarded, the name of the parody will be announced on thread.

Unless dictated by another role/ability, the name of person who has received the Role/Item/Parody will NOT be announced.

Be aware that the role of Killer(scum) WILL be awarded Day 1 no matter what. Other than this role, it is possible that other awards may not happen if posting conditions are not met.

The biggest question people probably will have is about the timing of these announcements. I will announce the awards at regular 8 hour intervals during the game. If I am late, that has nothing to do with how the item was awarded, but how my own schedule has prevented me from posting on time. In the majority of cases posting more will increase your chances of getting an award. However, I have included the (somewhat unlikely) possibility amongst my Rules that a randomly assigned "Rule for Posting" could cause someone who hasn't posted recently to be awarded something. It all depends on the random assignment based on my List.

Hint: Awarding Roles/Items/Parodies for posting can be based on just about anything, from when people post, how they post, what they post...

Days will be 34 hours. Nights 0. In some cases something might be awarded just before time-out. Tough luck to the winner, if that's the case. They'll just have to wait until the next day/night to use it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the beginning of Day 1, the following item is currently available:

The Monocle of Foresight – Submit as a NightAction, choose a player. You will learn of one ability they will be capable of performing during the following night. This does not work on item abilities. If the Monocle informs you of a player's ability, the Monocle shatters and cannot be used a second time. If the player targeted has no ability, the Monocle can be used once more before shattering.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#2 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:31 AM

The Game is On.

34 hours left in the day.

16 players are hanging out.

BendalHome, Denesmet, Eloth, Fanderay, Gait, Grasp, Hood's Path, Kessobahn, Lock, Okaros Omtose, Serc, Silanah, Shadow, Tholen, Ultama

No one has voted.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 01 June 2015 - 10:37 AM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#3 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:40 AM

If I don't get a power for first post I will KILL YOU.

#4 User is offline   Denesmet 

• Recruit

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:48 AM

Second!

Now who's for dragonsecks? :)

#5 User is offline   Denesmet 

• Recruit

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:49 AM

Gait said:

1433155254[/url]' post='1187378']

I shall quote you and respond to your post. Yes, this is most interesting yes, I do agree with some parts of what you say, but also disagree with others. Yes, all very interesting.

#6 User is offline   Denesmet 

• Recruit

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:50 AM

Vote Bendal Home
for not posting yet. Let's pressure vote them.

#7 User is offline   Denesmet 

• Recruit

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:52 AM

Lolz, joke vote fool!

Remove Vote

#8 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:02 AM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 31 May 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

Welcome to Mafia Academy, where everyone will be trained to be retrained, and retrained to pay attention, post, participate and reap rewards or fall on your ass!

My name is ModGod Path-Shaper! In case you missed it. This is ModGod Hugin & Munin! In case you missed it. We are the meanest instructors here. We've got you because you are the worst people here. You are "D" Squad; "D" for "dirtbags." When I say: "Hey, dirtbags!" that means you. You people are going to hate my guts for the rest of your lives. I am going to make you sorry that you ever came here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone starts RI. If you are upset you didn't receive a role PM, well, you and everyone else.

Participation increases your chances of getting items, roles and...parodies. There are no limits to how many abilities/items/parodies you can possess at once.

Hidden in the bowels of Shinrei's "My Documents" folder are a set of "Rules for Posting". These rules govern who gets what as the game progresses. Each role/item/parody that becomes available will have a randomly assigned rule in place to determine who will be awarded the prize.

There are 3 things players can get:

1) Roles: Roles can be awarded at any time during the game, based on the "Rules for Posting." When a role has been awarded, the name of the role will be announced on thread. Roles are exactly what they say they are, no tricks.

2) Items: Items are usually a one use ability, but some can be used more than once. When an item becomes available to be "found", the name of the item and the entire description of what it does will be posted on thread. When the item has been gained by a player due to the "Rules for Posting" being fulfilled, that fact will also be announced on thread.

3) Parodies: These are to-be-performed actions that are rewarded to players based on the "Rules for Posting." These actions generally have a time limit (1 day sequence for instance) and must be performed by the player during that time. When a parody have been awarded, the name of the parody will be announced on thread.

Unless dictated by another role/ability, the name of person who has received the Role/Item/Parody will NOT be announced.

Be aware that the role of Killer(scum) WILL be awarded Day 1 no matter what. Other than this role, it is possible that other awards may not happen if posting conditions are not met.

The biggest question people probably will have is about the timing of these announcements. I will announce the awards at regular 8 hour intervals during the game. If I am late, that has nothing to do with how the item was awarded, but how my own schedule has prevented me from posting on time. In the majority of cases posting more will increase your chances of getting an award. However, I have included the (somewhat unlikely) possibility amongst my Rules that a randomly assigned "Rule for Posting" could cause someone who hasn't posted recently to be awarded something. It all depends on the random assignment based on my List.

Hint: Awarding Roles/Items/Parodies for posting can be based on just about anything, from when people post, how they post, what they post...

Days will be 34 hours. Nights 0. In some cases something might be awarded just before time-out. Tough luck to the winner, if that's the case. They'll just have to wait until the next day/night to use it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the beginning of Day 1, the following item is currently available:

The Monocle of Foresight – Submit as a NightAction, choose a player. You will learn of one ability they will be capable of performing during the following night. This does not work on item abilities. If the Monocle informs you of a player's ability, the Monocle shatters and cannot be used a second time. If the player targeted has no ability, the Monocle can be used once more before shattering.

First to quote PS

View PostPath-Shaper, on 01 June 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

The Game is On.

34 hours left in the day.

16 players are hanging out.

BendalHome, Denesmet, Eloth, Fanderay, Gait, Grasp, Hood's Path, Kessobahn, Lock, Okaros Omtose, Serc, Silanah, Shadow, Tholen, Ultama

No one has voted.

Second to quote PS

View PostGait, on 01 June 2015 - 10:40 AM, said:

View PostDenesmet, on 01 June 2015 - 10:48 AM, said:

Second!

Now who's for dragonsecks? :p

First to quote two people

View PostDenesmet, on 01 June 2015 - 10:49 AM, said:

Gait said:

1433155254[/url]' post='1187378']

First to quote nested quotes and also myself?

I shall quote you and respond to your post. Yes, this is most interesting yes, I do agree with some parts of what you say, but also disagree with others. Yes, all very interesting.

View PostDenesmet, on 01 June 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

Vote Bendal Home
for not posting yet. Let's pressure vote them.

Quoting a vote

View PostDenesmet, on 01 June 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

Lolz, joke vote fool!

Remove Vote

Vote PS
Remove Vote
Vote Gait

Remove Vote

:) :) :p :p :)
5 emoticons

[img]http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://holykaw.alltop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/foto-oops-e1373900707160.jpg&imgrefurl=http://holykaw.alltop.com/from-the-oops-files-coca-cola-campaign-gone-way-way-bad&h=2859&w=3711&tbnid=RDmlhVZNl4YhdM:&zoom=1&docid=Jg3ankSw6iVTBM&ei=rjtsVdHFBIqfgwT0hoGQCQ&tbm=isch&ved=0CCgQMygAMAA[/img]

First image?

#9 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:02 AM

First failed image!

#10 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:03 AM

Also just painting a target on my back with all this as well, but OH WELL it is supposed to be that kind of game :)

First to abuse formatting

#11 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:04 AM

I sincerely hope we have more participation than the last few games, though I don't think tappers should count as there was really no reason to talk there.

#12 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:05 AM

Anyone want to form a coalition of high posters to protect each other from the lynches of the powerless and unworthy?

#13 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:06 AM

I wonder how exactly the mechanics work, and if we are going to get a full list of what powers are available under what conditions when the game is over. Also wonder how scum are chosen, reckon its as simple as "The Xth and Xth person to post are scum"? Or something more ingenious?

#14 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:07 AM

Kinda don't like how it encourages this early spam just on the off chance of getting an early power as it makes the thread a little messy. Perhaps it is designed that way to make it easier to figure out when peoples behaviours change?

#15 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:08 AM

Give me the Monacle of Foresight

Will this work?

Also can we use bold for requests like this or is it still strictly for votes? :)

#16 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:25 AM

I'd look good in a monocle, I'm just saying

#17 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:28 AM

View PostEloth, on 01 June 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

Yeah but I'd look better.

Also first to 10 posts.

#18 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:31 AM

View PostGait, on 01 June 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

Also first to 10 posts.

Nah, you're too gabby for a monocle.

#19 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:34 AM

View PostEloth, on 01 June 2015 - 11:31 AM, said:

Also first to 10 posts.

Nah, you're too gabby for a monocle.

Everyone knows that the most gabby gets the monocle. *Insert pun about 2nd place getting manacles*

#20 User is offline   Shadow 

• Recruit

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:46 AM

Also first to 10 posts.

Neither one of you look like mister peanut to me