• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SUPERGIRL CBS tv series by Berlanti alongside Arrow and Flash

#21 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:54 PM

I like the show.
It's not the greatest, but I like the characters more than the Arrow!
I'm happy with it overall.
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#22 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:37 PM

Just got caught up w/ the last 4 episodes, most current one w/ Flash Guest starring!

Still liking it, the show could definitely use more Barry Allen though.
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#23 User is offline   Giles 

• Demon of the inn
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Martial arts and Metal music

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:17 PM

I'm quite liking it at the moment. It started off a bit weak and the original trailer was just pants, but its getting pretty good now and the crossover with the Flash was really good i thought.
"Hollow. My name is Kurosaki Ichigo. You killed my mother. Bankai."

#24 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:43 PM

I would like it noted that I called this MONTHS ago.

http://deadline.com/...ble-1201752684/

We will hear by the end of day at any rate, but moving it to Van City from LA and onto the CW (away from CBS brass influences) is the BEST option. This show can then soar like FLASH and ARROW do.

Either that or the show costs will sink it completely. In which case I feel like Benoist could be added easily to LEGENDS OF TOMORROW as Power Girl (Earth 2).

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 11 May 2016 - 04:52 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#25 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 12 May 2016 - 12:54 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 May 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

We will hear by the end of day at any rate, but moving it to Van City from LA and onto the CW (away from CBS brass influences) is the BEST option. This show can then soar like FLASH and ARROW do.

Either that or the show costs will sink it completely. In which case I feel like Benoist could be added easily to LEGENDS OF TOMORROW as Power Girl (Earth 2).

Huh, so the TV ratings can tell the difference between DVR recordings and actual viewings.

If they did move networks, I wonder if they would combine universes. Would be annoying if every time they did a crossover they had to switch dimensions. eh...maybe not so bad, if they can just make a portal or something... But it would be annoying to me because I know they're all supposed to coexist in the same universe :D

#26 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 May 2016 - 12:59 PM

View PostBulwyf, on 12 May 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 May 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

Huh, so the TV ratings can tell the difference between DVR recordings and actual viewings.

If they did move networks, I wonder if they would combine universes. Would be annoying if every time they did a crossover they had to switch dimensions. eh...maybe not so bad, if they can just make a portal or something... But it would be annoying to me because I know they're all supposed to coexist in the same universe :D

With it being a Berlanti show already (just under CBS's purview) you can guarantee that the universes would combine somehow.

If I'm honest, I don't see it continuing as it is just on the CW...I see a rebooted show in the Earth 1 universe. Some of the same cast. Apparently Calista Flockhart isn't too keen to move to Van city to shoot it.

But to make the most of the move to the CW you have to bring her into the ARROW FLASH universe and I can't see that happening from the story they told...but I can see her being rewritten into the Earth 1 universe somehow.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#27 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 12 May 2016 - 02:40 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 12 May 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

With it being a Berlanti show already (just under CBS's purview) you can guarantee that the universes would combine somehow.

If I'm honest, I don't see it continuing as it is just on the CW...I see a rebooted show in the Earth 1 universe. Some of the same cast. Apparently Calista Flockhart isn't too keen to move to Van city to shoot it.

But to make the most of the move to the CW you have to bring her into the ARROW FLASH universe and I can't see that happening from the story they told...but I can see her being rewritten into the Earth 1 universe somehow.

Tough call... do a hard reboot and ignore all of S1, pretend that Flash crossover never happened and it was always the same uni, work a merge into the stories (CRISIS storyline!!!!), or ... my favorite... keep her off in her own universe and do frequent crossovers where Kara and Barry argue about whose earth is Earth-1 and whose is Earth-2.

....actually now that I think about it a Crisis on multiple Earths storyline would be fairly awesome and they could destroy the FLASH series' Earth-2 just to amp up the tension.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#28 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 12 May 2016 - 09:59 PM

View PostAbyss, on 12 May 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

....actually now that I think about it a Crisis on multiple Earths storyline would be fairly awesome and they could destroy the FLASH series' Earth-2 just to amp up the tension.

Or indeed destroy Supergirls' (therefore no need to bring over cast members that don't want to move to Van)

She arrives in Arrowverse as a fugitive fleeing destruction of her Earth (Krypton and Earth. damn she's unlucky)
meh. Link was dead :(

#29 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:34 PM

It's official now. Renewed for S2 but moving to the CW.

This actually gives me a bit of hope that I might give it another chance. I'll wait to see how they handle the move storywise...but I feel like the CW is where it always should have been and that they might be able to make it FAR better there.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 13 May 2016 - 01:35 PM

#30 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:59 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 13 May 2016 - 01:34 PM, said:

It's official now. Renewed for S2 but moving to the CW.

This actually gives me a bit of hope that I might give it another chance. I'll wait to see how they handle the move storywise...but I feel like the CW is where it always should have been and that they might be able to make it FAR better there.

speculation based on Flash season finale:
Spoiler

I hope they so something to merge the universes. I stopped watching Arrow and couldn't get into Heroes of Tomorrow. Flash is still awesome and I like Super Girl, so wouldn't mind some cross overs there.

#31 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:29 PM

Trailer for Season 2. Looks SO much better than Season 1, and very much in line with the other CW shows.

Also, Superman!

I still want them to get rid of Cat Grant as I find her irritating, but meh.

#32 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:17 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 27 September 2016 - 05:29 PM, said:

I still want them to get rid of Cat Grant as I find her irritating, but meh.

Cat Grant is the best part of Supergirl!

I'm on the fence about Superman. I mean, I'm always for more Tyler Hoechlin, he's just a beautiful man... But I think it will be difficult not to have Superman outshine Supergirl in a show that's supposed to be about HER not him.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users