Malazan Empire: The Royals - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Royals

#21 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:23 PM

View PostCoonass, on 02 June 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

The show turned into crack didn't it?

Price's arc sucked so bad in S2. I even wonder if it was supposed to be him in S1 since it just feels sudden in S2 like they just rewrote. Maybe he wanted to leave so they rewrote? It was just stupid.

I started to wonder if the guy who played Price wanted off the show? Because you're right, it's SUCH an about face from his storyline in 1st season. Something MUST be up behind the scenes. Perhaps with the girl who plays Ophelia too, since she was pretty absent ad they brought in not one but two potential love interests for Liam in the meantime.

also

Spoiler

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#22 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:55 PM

Had NO idea this was back so soon! Wife saw an ad for it being back while watching a cheesy xmas movie...LOL. Lucky!

We PVRed it, going to watch tonight probably!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#23 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:10 PM

Awesome! Can't wait to watch!

#24 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:06 PM

Oh man, ep 2 was even better. Also, Eleanor in her skivvies in front of Jasper? Good gravy!

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 13 December 2016 - 02:06 PM

#25 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:09 PM

View PostBriar King, on 13 December 2016 - 06:43 PM, said:

That's how I took it. Her and Price was just strange arcs. Like they both wanted off the show. No way that was all written/planned from the start.

But yeah though isn't S3 much more in with 1 was far?! I'm fucking loving it. That elbow in port o potty line was golden

Yeah, I think you're right about them both wanting off the show...As the girl who plays Ophelia is on another show now as a regular.

S3 has been stellar so far, and much more in line with S1 for sure. Yeah, had to rewind the elbow as my wife missed it and I was like "Oh man, you gotta see Jasper take this sucker out!"

#26 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:30 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 13 December 2016 - 02:06 PM, said:

Oh man, ep 2 was even better. Also, Eleanor in her skivvies in front of Jasper? Good gravy!

INDEED!!!

Spoiler

#27 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:44 AM

View PostBriar King, on 13 December 2016 - 06:43 PM, said:

That's how I took it. Her and Price was just strange arcs. Like they both wanted off the show. No way that was all written/planned from the start.

But yeah though isn't S3 much more in with 1 was far?! I'm fucking loving it. That elbow in port o potty line was golden

I agree with you both; these first 2 eps seem much more like S1 than 2, thankfully. Glad to have this show back.

Spoiler

#28 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 15 December 2016 - 01:50 AM

View PostBriar King, on 14 December 2016 - 03:59 AM, said:

Good to see you back. Thought you went away. The York thing is about abdication. We ll see how it goes but it needs to get going somehow by ep 4 or it's gonna get tedious. I expect ep 3 will be all travel time and ep 4 the reveal.

Also I hate my damn phone. I type so fast I constantly skip words or my phone erases them.

I've still visited to try to keep up but less than previously. And didn't really have anything compelling enough to post about. Life is busy! I've even fallen out of my 1st Malazan re-read in the middle of DG. Posted Image

Abdication as in Cyrus abdicating to Robert or Liam or the abolishing of the monarchy as a whole? Cyrus doesn't seem inclined to do either one of those things.

#29 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:40 AM

View PostBriar King, on 15 December 2016 - 02:26 AM, said:

No the
Spoiler

Oh ok.
Spoiler

#30 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:24 AM

View PostCheesewiz, on 24 January 2017 - 02:43 AM, said:

I quite enjoyed last nights ep. It def was one of the most soap opera territory eps though imo. I'm a bit worried about Jasper's arc though. I can see myself eyerolling a lot if this keeps up. I also didn't expect Robert to be this way after ep1. Def was expecting a York approach here and it's not happening. You can't help but feel for what Liam is going through this season for sure esp after last night...

Agreed. I also agree with your previous post about messing with the E/J relationship again. And not even in a different or original way. Unless they're looking for a way to introduce J's father on the show?

Robert does seem to have gone "royal" in record time considering what he experienced and coming back to learn of his father's death for the first time.

Was it just me or did it seem to anyone else that they tried to throw a spark or something with Willow and Robert? We know she's got it for Liam right now but...setting up a future love quadrangle maybe?

#31 User is offline   Lycaenion 

• Captain

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:14 PM

I really dislike Robert. He's too much like Helena and not in a good way.
Be Your Own Hero

#32 User is offline   Lycaenion 

• Captain

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:58 PM

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Lycaenion: 20 February 2017 - 04:01 PM

Be Your Own Hero

#33 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:48 PM

Yeah, I called Robert being bad the very MOMENT he started using that pejorative nickname for Liam. I piped up to my wife and said "Now that Cyrus is no longer the main baddie, we need a new one, and the subterfuge of the "good older brother who everyone loves" actually being an asshole...is perfect. Loved the slow reveal through the chess matches with his dad to him telling he the notion of disbanding the monarchy fed back to the king not wanting to leave it to Robert because he felt him unfit.

But yeah, even Robert being the one who tipped off Frost's parents to blackmailing him through that reporter, I called. It was too coincidentally timed with Robert's return not to have been him.

I also loved the cold open where it seemed like Cyrus blew his brains out...only to be the double...and then bookending the ep with Liam asking Cyrus for help...with what LOOKS like might be faking his own death? I can't imagine there was any other reason for Cyrus to point the gun at him...?

Anyways, great finale!

Oh, and Jasper and Eleanor now having most stuff out on the table means she's likely not going away.

#34 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:43 PM

I don't think till 2018...as some of the cast are still posting set photos on Instagram...so I think it's still shooting.

#35 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:29 AM

March 11th is the return date!

#36 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:52 PM

View PostThe Swampfather, on 20 February 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

This is stupid I had to look something up to see it. Not sure why they aren’t advertising this at all.

The show creator fell under the post-Weinstein sexual harassment stuff with multiple allegations against him...this will have been his last season in charge...I think they want to quietly get it out of the way so a new showrunner can take charge next season.

#37 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:07 AM

View PostThe Swampfather, on 21 February 2018 - 12:18 AM, said:

That’s a good reason. Hmm now I’m wondering if Liam’s girlfriend left the show in S3 due to anything with that?

That was my guess too to be honest.

#38 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:20 PM

Yeah really good story right out of the gate!

#39 User is offline   Lycaenion 

• Captain

Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:18 AM

Oh boy, what's Robert got planned now?
Be Your Own Hero

#40 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:02 PM

Goddamn Robert, orchestrating his own "heroics" from top to bottom. Sneaky bastard!

Great episode.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users