Malazan Empire: ( Karsa Orlong -- Dassem Ultor ) Democratic Hierarchy of the Gods - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

( Karsa Orlong -- Dassem Ultor ) Democratic Hierarchy of the Gods Complete Chaos vs Perfect Order

Poll: ( Karsa Orlong -- Dassem Ultor ) Democratic Hierarchy of the Gods (61 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Karsa Orlong (16 votes [26.23%])

Percentage of vote: 26.23%

2. Dassem Ultor (45 votes [73.77%])

Percentage of vote: 73.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 User is offline   Jaime Lannister 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:36 AM

Karsa loses. In the duel between Dassem and Rake it was noted that no one could perceive the initial clash -- including Karsa. The celerity with which Rake and Dassem fought was such that even Karsa could not register it. That was why he subsequently utters those lines about only a fool interfering in their duel. What is even more telling was the fact that he was shaken by what he witnessed (or more aptly, failed to witness)

"To all who witnessed – the cultists, Samar Dev, Karsa Orlong, even unto the five Hounds of Shadow and the Great Ravens hunched on every ledge – that first clash of weapons was too fast to register. Sparks slanted, the night air rang with savage parries, counter-blows, the biting crunch of edges against cross-hilts. Even their bodies were but a blur. And then both warriors staggered back, opening up the distance between them once more. 'Faces in the Rock,' hissed Karsa Orlong. 'Karsa—' 'No. Only a fool would step between these two.' And the Toblakai sounded . . . shaken."

#22 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:31 AM

View PostPrimateus, on 19 September 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

View PostBrujah, on 24 May 2015 - 06:57 AM, said:

Well, the people voting and allowing favoritism to influence their vote is something we're pretty much stuck with.

Well, in all honesty, you're doing the same thing yourself with...

View PostBrujah, on 01 April 2015 - 11:45 PM, said:

as I still and will always believe Karsa would find a way to beat Dassem

You are clearly showing your own favouritism by flat out stating that you will always believe that Karsa will beat Dassem.

I don't believe that's favoritism. I believe Karsa would win. You are projecting your opinion that I'm voting by favoritism because you so adamantly believe Dassem would win. I'm just disagreeing.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#23 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:19 PM

View PostBrujah, on 22 October 2015 - 05:31 AM, said:

Well, the people voting and allowing favoritism to influence their vote is something we're pretty much stuck with.

You are clearly showing your own favouritism by flat out stating that you will always believe that Karsa will beat Dassem.

I don't believe that's favoritism. I believe Karsa would win. You are projecting your opinion that I'm voting by favoritism because you so adamantly believe Dassem would win. I'm just disagreeing.

uhhh, either you're trolling or you don't know what your own words mean...
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#24 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:24 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 22 October 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

View PostBrujah, on 22 October 2015 - 05:31 AM, said:

uhhh, either you're trolling or you don't know what your own words mean...

Or it's been a really long time since I've read over this thread and we are just misinterpreting each other.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#25 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:04 AM

View PostDayspring, on 28 March 2015 - 02:08 AM, said:

There is the part in TtH where Karsa witnesses the match between Anomander and Dassem. I forgot which adjective Karsa uses in describing the fight to Samar Dev, but seemed pretty clear that they were both his better with the sword. That being said, Karsa is top 5 best written characters in MBotF...and Dassem is not.

Yes, I remember that, too. It's not often that Karsa acknowledges someone as being a better fighter than he is.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#26 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:30 AM

Having re-read the series, i have come to the conclusion that it woild be close and nobody could predict a winner with any real degree of certainty. They are both dveastatingly gifted and both possess a 'singular will' to borrow a phrase from Darist. Dassem's speed and precision could win the day however, Karsa's immense strength and unbreakabke dtermination may also win the day. As it seems, the toughest overall charcters in the entire series have ti be the Forkrul Assail. Although Draconus killes their mother, who presumably could kill any Forkrul,..........

#27 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:37 AM

If Dassem got the jump on Karsa (surprised him) dassem might succeed in turning him into an armless and legless torso. I think it woild depend on the sword being used. Karsa's weapon could shatter an enchanted/enhanced weapon, maybe even 'Grief.' We are talking about a guy who killed TWO deragoth and countless champions, mortal swords, etc. Yes, i am biased because it is plain to me-Dassem is insanely awesome and almighty bushido god but he aint no deragoth slaying giant with a 13 foot stone sword that holds two or three powerful souls. Not to mention the warren full of souls chained to him and his ability to shrug off all forms of magic. Witness!

This post has been edited by NefaraisBredd: 03 July 2016 - 04:38 AM

#28 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist

Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:31 PM

At the end of the day, it is subjective (beliefs/opinions) about characters from various points of view. Nobody is wrong and everyone is right. Enjoy the discussion😉

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users