• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bloodborne hells yeah

#21 User is offline   Wolfdrop 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:54 AM

I kept the music box until he's in beast mode, it'll stun him once. Using the music box actually makes him change much quicker, if you hold off using it he won't change till he's at 1/3 health.

#22 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:40 PM

Hah, that was a blast. What a good fight. Used the music box a couple of times, early on and once on his beast form near the end.

Lost a couple of times within a sliver of winning... just one hit away from killing him. I got the run to the boss down nicely though.

Did you take the blood gem back to the girl or keep it?

I still haven't decided which weapon to upgrade, maybe I'd have beaten the boss quicker if I'd made my mind up and used something stronger.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#23 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:03 PM

Wife bought this for me as a surprise.

Load the disc up and it needs to install a 2.7Gig update before I can play? WTF?!

I hate when there is such a big update on a game at release.

However, I AM looking forward to it when I DO get to actually play it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#24 User is offline   Wolfdrop 

• Fist

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:21 AM

I gave the gem back to the girl but I've not really been any benefit of doing so. I'll have to try talking to her again. She went silent after the initial conversation from handing it in.

#25 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:22 AM

QuickTidal, on 31 March 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

Wife bought this for me as a surprise.

Load the disc up and it needs to install a 2.7Gig update before I can play? WTF?!

I hate when there is such a big update on a game at release.

However, I AM looking forward to it when I DO get to actually play it.

Yes this happened to me.. got the game on release day, put it on in the evening, and only ended up with enough time to create a character. I was expecting the update but they are so slooow when you're waiting to put on a new game.

WD I'm tempted to do the same as she might turn up later.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 01 April 2015 - 06:23 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#26 User is offline   Wolfdrop 

• Fist

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:07 PM

So I've invested in upgrading my Ludwig's Holy Blade and it's pretty awesome. Really relies on the charge attack, totally different play style, much more like monster hunter or something. I've also found a red ribbon on the massive pig near the music box girl. Maybe she tried to escape and the pig got her? Going to try and talk at her window again later.

#27 User is offline   Wolfdrop 

• Fist

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:43 PM

Yeah, I found the initial learning curve pretty steep, even having (or maybe because) sunk hours into DS and DS2. I started to get the hang of the regain system and the fast pace and dodging etc after the second boss. He really makes you put your skills into practice!

#28 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:49 PM

Yeah I found the ribbon, no one at her window now but maybe later. So she found out about her parents, left the house, and got eaten by a giant pig? Mebe. That ribbon wasn't there before though...

Is the second boss father G or is he the first? damn good fight anyway.

Just loving it so far, tbh. It looks.. amazing - the low lying mist, the flames from the torch, the Top Hat I'm now wearing which gives me a deranged Jack the Ripper look.. (especially when covered in blood) the ominous Bell chimes, the chink of chains being dragged.. and that's without including the moans, sobbing noises and occasional scream.

Getting surprisingly used to the all attack and no shield style too. And I feel like I've only just started.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 03 April 2015 - 07:38 AM

#29 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:47 PM

Jeebus,

This game should be called I DIED AGAIN: THE STORY OF ALL THE FUCKING TIMES I DIED IN A SINGLE VIDEO GAME

That said the challenge is so high that I'm having a damned BLAST playing it. Not for the faint of heart, but oh so rewarding!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#30 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:20 PM

QuickTidal, on 03 April 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

Jeebus,

This game should be called I DIED AGAIN: THE STORY OF ALL THE FUCKING TIMES I DIED IN A SINGLE VIDEO GAME

That said the challenge is so high that I'm having a damned BLAST playing it. Not for the faint of heart, but oh so rewarding!

Did you play any of the Soul's games? Myazaki is a genius when it comes to the game experience imo.

Just deciding to remove the seemingly ever-present map flashing away in the corner of most games means you immedietely get more involved as you have to learn the layout as you go, and remember where you've been.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 03 April 2015 - 06:22 PM

#31 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:47 PM

Traveller, on 03 April 2015 - 06:20 PM, said:

QuickTidal, on 03 April 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

Jeebus,

Did you play any of the Soul's games? Myazaki is a genius when it comes to the game experience imo.

Just deciding to remove the seemingly ever-present map flashing away in the corner of most games means you immedietely get more involved as you have to learn the layout as you go, and remember where you've been.

Never played any of the Soulsgames, so this is a wholly new experience for me.

#32 User is offline   Wolfdrop 

• Fist

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:15 PM

Yeah, the map thing was one of the first things where I realised the souls series was something different. I'm pretty sure I have every route, shortcut and path of the first etched into my skull! I'd come back to it after not having played it for over a year and find new things in Darkroot Garden or a hidden niche I'd never seen before. I do miss the variety of areas though.

#33 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:53 PM

You will get so many bullets you'll be maxed out with them, not to worry

#34 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:53 PM

You get to find routes near to lamps that you can farm both.

Realising you can run past a whole street of goons and they won't follow you is a start. Once you open the gate by Central Yarnham lamp you get bullets from the house and souls from the beasts upstairs.

Also don't forget the leap attack. Push up and attack at the same time, leap forwards and strike at the same time. It knocks shields back, has good range, and will do a chunk of damage.

I can't imagine what it must be like without having played the previous incarnations...

This post has been edited by Traveller: 03 April 2015 - 08:55 PM

#35 User is offline   Wolfdrop 

• Fist

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:49 PM

The game saves constantly, if you do anything really it'll save. It's been that way with all of them, short of turning your console off in the middle of a boss fight you'll never loose progress.

#36 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:57 PM

Briar King, on 04 April 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

Ok so does game save every time you go to Dreamland? Are there save spots that you run across?

It continually saves, automatically. I tend to just turn it off after I've returned to hunter's dream though.

#37 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:48 AM

You need to talk to the doll in hunters rest.

She wakes up once you kill the first mini boss on the bridge, which you can pretty much run to from the start once you figure out the way.

Talk to her, give her blood and you can level up stats. Worth doing fairly soon just so you're not wasting echoes.

Also, look out for houses with red lamps lit - you can talk at the door/window. There are also levers to pull.

I only just realised how using the torch makes certain beasts cower back, and stalls their attacks. And that you can upgrade the torch itself.

And btw, you can slide down ladders by holding circle which can save a lot of time, and kick down/punch up with r2. Kicking things off high ladders is quite fun actually.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 05 April 2015 - 06:37 AM

#38 User is offline   Wolfdrop 

• Fist

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:17 AM

You don't actually need to be the boss to get the insight point and wake up the doll, just entering the area is enough.

So if you attempt him and he kicks fuck out of you, then you can level up and try again ;).

#39 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:41 AM

Wolfdrop, on 05 April 2015 - 08:17 AM, said:

You don't actually need to be the boss to get the insight point and wake up the doll, just entering the area is enough.

So if you attempt him and he kicks fuck out of you, then you can level up and try again ;).

Ah didn't realise as I killed him first go in sheer desperation not to lose a stack of souls!

#40 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:14 PM

Traveller, on 05 April 2015 - 05:48 AM, said:

And btw, you can slide down ladders by holding circle which can save a lot of time, and kick down/punch up with r2. Kicking things off high ladders is quite fun actually.

You can also just fall down/jump down without using the ladder at all and it does you no damage...it just means that your hunter takes a bit longer to stand back up from the crouch he/she lands in....so make sure there are no enemies RIGHT there when you do it.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users