Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EVE Online

#1 User is online   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:23 PM

Anyone play? I just started a few months ago, and I'm loving it. Would love to group up with some other players!

#2 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:29 PM

Obdigore plays, pretty sure one or two others do. I did for a time then got fed up with assholes.

There should be a thread somewhere
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#3 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:41 PM

I was like Messremb.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#4 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:33 PM

Could someone tell me what this exactly is? Is it like World of Warcraft? Also is money required to join?

#5 User is online   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:47 PM

View PostAndorion, on 11 March 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

Could someone tell me what this exactly is? Is it like World of Warcraft? Also is money required to join?

It's similar to WoW in that it's an MMO, but I think the similarities end there. It's a single shard — meaning that everyone is on the same server at the same time. Basically, it's in space, there are lots of ships to choose from, and you can essentially do almost anything you want — mine, PvP, PvE, industry, exploration, and so on. Player choices have consequences, and the economy, control over space, and combat are all player-driven and mostly player initiated. It's a lot more detailed than that, but the only way to really understand it is to try it.

There is a subscription fee, but I can invite you, which gives you a 30-day free trial. Some players manage to pay for their subscription using money earned entirely in-game too.

#6 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:49 PM

Eve is a very cool concept. But it's overwhelmingly huge. Which would be nice if I had gotten there earlier I guess. There are guilds that exist just to teach newcomers how to survive play.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#7 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:08 AM

I don't play anymore. Haven't for about a year.

It was great fun, but I wasn't into the PVP aspect of it (I don't like MMO PVP) and that is where most of the depth is.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#8 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:21 AM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 11 March 2015 - 06:47 PM, said:

View PostAndorion, on 11 March 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

It's similar to WoW in that it's an MMO, but I think the similarities end there. It's a single shard — meaning that everyone is on the same server at the same time. Basically, it's in space, there are lots of ships to choose from, and you can essentially do almost anything you want — mine, PvP, PvE, industry, exploration, and so on. Player choices have consequences, and the economy, control over space, and combat are all player-driven and mostly player initiated. It's a lot more detailed than that, but the only way to really understand it is to try it.

There is a subscription fee, but I can invite you, which gives you a 30-day free trial. Some players manage to pay for their subscription using money earned entirely in-game too.

OK, thanks, but I dont think this is fo rme at the moment.

#9 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:21 PM

I tried. I really tried. Several times.

But it just gets boring so fast...
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#10 User is online   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:29 PM

View PostBriar King, on 12 March 2015 - 04:34 AM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 12 March 2015 - 02:08 AM, said:

I don't play anymore. Haven't for about a year.It was great fun, but I wasn't into the PVP aspect of it (I don't like MMO PVP) and that is where most of the depth is.
I could see myself becoming quite irate at people from the 4 videos I watched after seeing this thread.

You should be able to run it on most hardware. I mainly play it on my Surface Pro 3, and it generally runs fine (except for when the heat throttling kicks in — then I need to put a fan behind it).

View PostGothos, on 12 March 2015 - 12:21 PM, said:

I tried. I really tried. Several times.But it just gets boring so fast...

Yeah, I've heard that before. I think the most important thing is to find a corp with some fun people; otherwise, you're just one capsuleer among thousands.

#11 User is offline   BAD 

• Masher of HHT
  • Interests:Sleeping!

Posted 26 September 2022 - 05:56 PM

I am Necro-bumping this. Don't hate.

Anyone currently play? I have been since 2008. Took periods off, one for 6 months and one for a year and half due to rl. Easily best game I have played. Where best is defined as depth of gameplay. Not just game mechanics wise as some peoples gameplay is almost entirely done out of game. . . with spies, diplomacy, planning and third party programs.

This post has been edited by BAD: 26 September 2022 - 05:57 PM

Forum needs more infopop.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users