Malazan Empire: Go Go Gritty Power Rangers - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Go Go Gritty Power Rangers Seriously, it's a thing. Katee Sackhof, James Van Der Beek

#21 User is offline   exit25 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:33 AM

The link is down , "copyright issues"

#22 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:50 AM

http://uk.ign.com/ar...to-youtube-pull

To Whom It May Concern:

Today, I was deeply disappointed to learn that Saban Brands decided to attack my Power/Rangers “Bootleg Universe One-Shot” film. To all the viewers that enjoyed this film, I consider this an outright infringement on freedom of expression and individualism. I set out to make this film because I am a childhood fan of the Power Rangers. As children our retinas are burned with iconic images and as we grow older these images come to represent crucial moments within the trajectories of our own lives. This film is a homage to the original creators of the Power Rangers, and a parody of a television series we all grew up loving. Films like my Power/Rangers “Bootleg” are vital expressions of creativity in our troubled world. If we suppress this creativity and become passive participants in the consumption of the culture we live in, we implicitly allow a dangerous precedent to be set for the future of the internet.

Warm Regards,

Adi Shankar

P.S. Thank you Mark Zuckerberg for hosting Power/Rangers and taking a stand https://www.facebook...adishankarbrand

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#23 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:00 AM

If Zuckerberg actually cared he'd be putting some money out to buy the congress critters needed to scale back the length of copyright laws not protecting one guy. Which he may be doing but I doubt.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#24 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:04 PM

It's not so much the length of copyright laws. It's the length and expense of the process required to litigate the issue.

That more than anything prevents better copyright systems from coming into place. Fixing that is... an enormous endeavor.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#25 User is offline   melonhead 

• Lieutenant

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:08 AM

View Postchamp, on 27 February 2015 - 08:50 AM, said:

http://uk.ign.com/ar...to-youtube-pull

To Whom It May Concern:

Today, I was deeply disappointed to learn that Saban Brands decided to attack my Power/Rangers "Bootleg Universe One-Shot" film. To all the viewers that enjoyed this film, I consider this an outright infringement on freedom of expression and individualism. I set out to make this film because I am a childhood fan of the Power Rangers. As children our retinas are burned with iconic images and as we grow older these images come to represent crucial moments within the trajectories of our own lives. This film is a homage to the original creators of the Power Rangers, and a parody of a television series we all grew up loving. Films like my Power/Rangers "Bootleg" are vital expressions of creativity in our troubled world. If we suppress this creativity and become passive participants in the consumption of the culture we live in, we implicitly allow a dangerous precedent to be set for the future of the internet.

Warm Regards,

Adi Shankar

P.S. Thank you Mark Zuckerberg for hosting Power/Rangers and taking a stand https://www.facebook...adishankarbrand

I totally agree with this. If anything being parodied is a compliment. And since it was just a one off thing that wasnt leading to a full-on reboot of the show or anything, what harm could it possibly do?
Such a over-reaction.
Do you think God stays in heaven because he too, lives in fear of what he's created?Steve BuscemiSpy Kids 2

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users