• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Deadpool February 2016

#1 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:14 PM

Anyone else a fan/looking forward to this movie?

I'm hoping Stan Lee has a cameo and Deadpool notices him and breaks the forth wall pointing out that it's the obligatory Stan Lee cameo :veryangry:

Leaked test footage:
(kind of old news but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere and was curious if there are fans here).

Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#2 User is offline   melonhead 

• Lieutenant

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:20 AM

I cannot wait for this movie! I love Deadpool he is so awesome. When is this supposed to be coming out?
Do you think God stays in heaven because he too, lives in fear of what he's created?Steve BuscemiSpy Kids 2

#3 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:30 AM

There can be little doubt that Ryan Reynolds was born to be Deadpool. It's just fate.

I doubt it will happen but I'd love it if the film got an American "M" rating or above. Deadpool is many things but I prefer his adventures NOT PG13.

#4 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:29 AM

Deadpool rules and Ryan Reynolds is the Dane Cook of acting so I'm torn down the middle.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#5 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:15 PM

It's scheduled for mid Feb 2016.

I don't know how I feel about PG13 v R rating. I'd prefer R for no restrictions I guess, but I've read some articles about the rating, relating directly to the Deadpool film, and I'm sure PG13 will be fine. They compared R vs PG13 superhero movies and even the really good R rated movies didn't compare to the revenue of the PG13s... I guess I don't really mind if it's PG13 if it helps the franchise do well so there'll be more sequels etc.
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#6 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:28 PM

I thought the ratings worked a bit like this:

PG12 or PG13: lots of violence, shooting, death and mayhem
R: some bare skin and the hint of a female nipple.

Because, you know, we need to protect our youths.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 25 February 2015 - 02:29 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#7 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:36 PM

You can even drop a solo "F bomb" in PG13 movies :veryangry:

#8 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:45 PM

View PostBulwyf, on 25 February 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

It's scheduled for mid Feb 2016.

I don't know how I feel about PG13 v R rating. I'd prefer R for no restrictions I guess, but I've read some articles about the rating, relating directly to the Deadpool film, and I'm sure PG13 will be fine. They compared R vs PG13 superhero movies and even the really good R rated movies didn't compare to the revenue of the PG13s... I guess I don't really mind if it's PG13 if it helps the franchise do well so there'll be more sequels etc.

You sound just like a Hollywood executive!

Wouldn't you rather get one good, proper movie that accurately and passionately displays the character you love in all his glory than a watered down 'appeals to a wider audience' version that doesn't really do the source justice nor live up to your expectations but launches an increasingly disappointed franchise of sequels (and then must be rebooted after 3 movies, then again after 2 more)?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#9 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:54 PM

We really shouldn't diss reboots. If not for those, people would actually have to come up with original content and we'd miss out on such gems as an all-female Ghostbusters or an even Totaller Recall.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#10 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:26 PM

I personally would prefer the no restrictions of an R rating.

But if PG13 was one of the factors that got the movie green lighted, I'm not going to make a stink. The movie was held up for a while, they had to fight to get it into production. The comics are technically like PG13 rated, and most action movies are PG13 nowadays anyways. If done right you can get away with things and not even notice they're not showing gratuitous gore, etc.

I was worried at first too, but after reading a few articles about it (about Deadpool PG13 specifically) I've accepted that it'll probably be fine. ...and if I get hung up over the rating before even going into the theatre I'm going to be subconsciously looking for things that would have been done better w/ an R rating. I'd rather give the released product a fair critique instead of being hung up over things I couldn't change or if it's not how I would have done it.

#11 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:51 PM

The thing about the rating is this, I don't even care about how violent or gory the action gets. What I want to see is Deadpools healing factor on steroids. I want to see him get an assault riffle emptied into him, with brains and guts going everywhere, then watch his mangled corpse get back up, rip somebody's head off and hear him make a one-liner.

You're not going to get that because "the demographics" don't want to see A-list actor become icky, etc.

I swear to go if they don't make him horribly disfigured, instead just filming half the movie with Ryan Reynolds with out a mask I will write an angry forum post.

#12 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostGorefest, on 25 February 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

I thought the ratings worked a bit like this:

PG12 or PG13: lots of violence, shooting, death and mayhem
R: some bare skin and the hint of a female nipple.

Because, you know, we need to protect our youths.

PG12/13 in films is basically a night out in S5.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#13 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:01 PM

View PostApt, on 25 February 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

I swear to go if they don't make him horribly disfigured, instead just filming half the movie with Ryan Reynolds with out a mask I will write an angry forum post.

You won't be alone.

#14 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:20 PM

View Postworry, on 25 February 2015 - 04:29 AM, said:

Deadpool rules and Ryan Reynolds is the Dane Cook of acting so I'm torn down the middle.

If Ryan Reynolds is the Dane Cook of acting what is Dane cook

#15 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:56 PM

Dane Cook is the Kirk Cameron of acting.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#16 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:33 PM

View Postworry, on 25 February 2015 - 09:56 PM, said:

Dane Cook is the Kirk Cameron of acting.

What? You mean he's going to claim that bananas are a nightmare for other people?
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#17 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:47 PM

The rating may still be up for debate, Ryan Reynolds interview:

In 2005, you talked about your interest in making a Deadpool movie. Now that it’s actually happening, is it like a wish fulfillment?
Yeah, it is a bit of wish fulfillment. I do feel like I flipped a coin in the exact right fountain at some point, but I’m excited. It’s been an incredible year. Actually, we’re just at the beginning of our first week so I’m not even into [it] yet fully.

What’s the most exciting thing about playing him?
It’s just how unusual he is. You understand why there was trepidation to make the movie early on? Because it’s a really difficult character to put up on the screen for the studio. He’s a character that’s aware he’s in a film, he’s aware that he breaks the fourth wall. I mean, he does certain things that are unlike anything else in the X-Men Universe yet he is a part of the X-Men Universe. So it makes it a little challenging, I think, to find a way. He’s so popular—the comic book alone [is] one of the most popular selling comic books of all time so it’s exiting to be here shooting it. We don’t have the budget that most X-Men movies do. In the super hero world, this would be considered an independent film.

And there’s the debate on whether it’s gonna be rated PG-13 or R because of how gory it is.
That debate rages on. We’ll see.

source

That is unless he wants to hold out fanboy hope instead of just dropping the bomb early on that it's PG13.

#18 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:50 PM

First Official picture of movie costume
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   melonhead 

• Lieutenant

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:21 AM

Awesome!
Do you think God stays in heaven because he too, lives in fear of what he's created?Steve BuscemiSpy Kids 2

#20 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:52 AM

View PostBulwyf, on 27 March 2015 - 07:50 PM, said:

First Official picture of movie costume
Posted Image

A+++ would fap to again
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +