Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kallor Questions (RotCG Spoilers)

#1 User is offline   GreyPilgrim 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:02 PM

I finished my first readthrough of TtH about a month ago, but I was really confused about one thing (note that I am not always the most attentive reader so I may have missed something subtle or arcane and if so, please be gentle). Kallor seems to be intent upon gaining the title of King in Chains, and IIRC it seems as though the title has sort of been promised him in some way by the Crippled God. But didn't Skinner become the King of High House Chains at the very end of RotCG? Did I miss something, is Kallor uninformed, is the Crippled God misleading him for some reason, or is there something else entire? I don't really know how to read relations between SW and ICE's books like this, because if I hadn't read RotCG I would have no confusion.
I am currently reading Stonewielder, so please don't spoil anything explicit after TtH (i.e. if it is a vague spoiler like the CG is misleading Kallor I don't really mind, but don't tell me why or what happens as a result).

#2 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:42 PM

The Crippled God made explicit that positions in his House would be fluid. What you are seeing is that fluidity mixed with TCG's favor.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#3 User is offline   GreyPilgrim 

• Recruit

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:50 PM

Thanks! That makes a lot more sense now. So is the idea more that positions in the House are occupied by more than one person simultaneously? Or is it that someone may act in a position in a certain moment or in doing a certain action but not possess the position as a general state of being? Or does the Crippled God kind of move people in and out, as you say, with regards to his favor?

#4 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:48 PM

He's utilitarian.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#5 User is offline   GreyPilgrim 

• Recruit

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:15 PM

View Postworry, on 07 February 2015 - 09:48 PM, said:

He's utilitarian.

A fickle god is he, eh?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic