Malazan Empire: Urko (No spoilers past chapter 4 please) - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urko (No spoilers past chapter 4 please)

#1 User is offline   Math2 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:56 PM

I know that I know him from either DG or HoC or both, but I'm unsure completely about who he is. I recall Karsa ( with someone else? a relative of Cutter/Crokus that Karsa escaped the slave pits with perhaps? Had they just escaped the warren with Silanda in it with the slave master?) meeting him and knocking off the roof of his house to make more room for the skeleton. Was this our first meeting with him or did someone meet him in DG as well? I also have no recollection of his name being Urko, just the Hermit. What am I missing about Urko?

#2 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:29 PM

Karsa and Torvald Nom meet Keeper/Hermit/etc. living solo along the coast they wash up on. In Chapter 4 of TBH (assuming you've read the whole chapter), Apsalar recognizes him as Urko via Cotillion's memories. When Urko replies "Urko drowned. They all drowned." it's a confirmation that Keeper is in fact the Urko, of Kellanved's Old Guard.

House of Chains has a lot of Old Guard information. I dunno if you want a summation of everything up to this point (re: the fallout of Surly's usurpation of power), but here goes an attempt:
Spoiler

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   Math2 

• Recruit

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:20 AM

View Postworry, on 01 February 2015 - 11:29 PM, said:

Karsa and Torvald Nom meet Keeper/Hermit/etc. living solo along the coast they wash up on. In Chapter 4 of TBH (assuming you've read the whole chapter), Apsalar recognizes him as Urko via Cotillion's memories. When Urko replies "Urko drowned. They all drowned." it's a confirmation that Keeper is in fact the Urko, of Kellanved's Old Guard.

House of Chains has a lot of Old Guard information. I dunno if you want a summation of everything up to this point (re: the fallout of Surly's usurpation of power), but here goes an attempt:
Spoiler

Thanks. I mixed up that it was Rallick Nom's relative, not Crokus'. Interesting summary, I hadn't recalled anyone drowning until now. I think I recall that all the full blooded Napan's disappear, correct?

#4 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:27 AM

All but Surly, of course. I also forgot to mention Duiker, but you are most familiar with his fate of course. If you want one of the more pertinent sections of House of Chains, check "The founding of..." (a conversation between Gamet and Nok) here: http://encyclopediam...ge/35244995/Nok

All info there is from House of Chains so no spoiler worries.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users