Malazan Empire: The Canada Politics Thread - Malazan Empire

• 47 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Canada Politics Thread American politics' smaller less interesting cousin!

#761 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 31 January 2022 - 06:54 PM

Accurate on all points, seconded.
This group falls into two categories, human garbage, and those too dumb to care or too self involved to notice they're being played by human garbage.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#762 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 31 January 2022 - 10:07 PM

Will they make big enough wankers of themselves that they will realise how big a pile of wankers they are though? That's the base question

#763 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 February 2022 - 04:32 AM

Trump cult hasn't yet so I wouldn't hold my breath...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#764 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 01 February 2022 - 05:54 AM

View PostMacros, on 31 January 2022 - 10:07 PM, said:

Will they make big enough wankers of themselves that they will realise how big a pile of wankers they are though? That's the base question

They cannot. That would require admitting that they were wrong and got played by nazis and racists.

#765 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 03 February 2022 - 02:04 PM

So Randy Hillier keeps making clear and present threats against Canada and how he's not been arrested for that yet, let alone allowed to remain an MPP is so BEYOND me.

Note: This man is the MPP for Lanark-Frontenac-Kingston...he was kicked out of Doug Ford's Conservatives for being "too extreme" and now he's an independent.

He tweeted this from the Freedumb convoy in Ottawa:

Attached File  Ugh.jpg (84.18K)
Number of downloads: 0

Like if an average citizen made this tweet CSIS or the Police would be banging down their door and arresting them for threats...so how this MFer gets away with this is beyond me. He's fucking scum.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 03 February 2022 - 02:05 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#766 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 February 2022 - 08:20 PM

Sounds like the "Domestic Terrorist Trucker parade" is possibly heading to my city this weekend to protest the remaining Provincial mandates?

...I have a feeling that a lot of white racist assholes are about to find out that Toronto is not Ottawa in terms of cultural makeup or tolerance of shit.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#767 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 04 February 2022 - 06:31 PM

They are seriously pushing their luck here. Individual truckers have started harassing women and healthcare workers walking downtown.
The police are actually telling people not to wear their masks or workwear because it may incite violence.
Groups in neighborhoods are starting to block trucks trying to drive through and organize counterdemonstrations . I haven't heard anything but wouldn't be surprised if less polite responses are being planned, people are VERY fed up with this garbage.

#768 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 February 2022 - 06:52 PM

View PostAbyss, on 04 February 2022 - 06:31 PM, said:

They are seriously pushing their luck here. Individual truckers have started harassing women and healthcare workers walking downtown.
The police are actually telling people not to wear their masks or workwear because it may incite violence.
Groups in neighborhoods are starting to block trucks trying to drive through and organize counterdemonstrations . I haven't heard anything but wouldn't be surprised if less polite responses are being planned, people are VERY fed up with this garbage.

Sounds like Sloly finally got the message that his job's on the fucking line as the OPS seems to be doing something today about it finally.

#769 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 04 February 2022 - 07:03 PM

What reaction are you having to finding out that the police are kinda on their side and not yours?
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#770 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 04 February 2022 - 07:25 PM

View Postamphibian, on 04 February 2022 - 07:03 PM, said:

What reaction are you having to finding out that the police are kinda on their side and not yours?

I am Abyss' complete lack of surprise.

The restrictions originate with the provinces, but the truckfucks are yelling at the fed gov, and punishing the city. Every level of gov is saying some other level should do something and the police aren't dumb enough / don't care enough to take effective steps without someone telling them to.

To be clear, in my experience Ottawa police may have many of the flaws of large city police forces, but are generally better than most. I'm not surprised at all that faced with a situation that will automatically escalate and generate condemnation if they do virtually anything, they will not act unless there is an obvious danger or serious crime in front of them.

I do not think that the police (generally) are on their side (specific individuals taking selfies with them aside). I do think that the police have allowed themselves to be made near irrelevant and damaged their own credibility.

#771 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 08 February 2022 - 04:51 PM

'Canada's QAnon "Queen" and her escalating rhetoric

Romana Didulo claims to be the "sovereign of the republic of Canada" and demands that vaccinations and other measures to control the COVID-19 pandemic be stopped. In one video, she plans to endorse executions over people in authority who don't comply.

For months, a B.C.-based QAnon conspiracy influencer named Romana Didulo has been amassing followers online, declaring herself the "Queen of Canada."

[...] Recently, her rhetoric escalated when she urged her followers to "shoot to kill" anyone who administers vaccines to children.'

Canada's QAnon 'Queen' and her escalating rhetoric | CBC Radio

'To anyone who still believes that white supremacists are not behind the Freedom Convoy, just listen to what their chief organizer Tamara Lich (aka ConvoyKaren) says here.

For those who have a hard time hearing the audio in the clip, this is how it goes: Tamara Lich says to the crowd: "I need to know what a white supremacist looks like." She then goes over to a man on the stage and asks, "Are you a white supremacist, sir?" He answers, "Yes, I am a white supremacist." She then turns to the crowd and says, "Right, there you go." And the crowd cheers.'

https://www.facebook...587606751618670

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 08 February 2022 - 04:51 PM

#772 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 February 2022 - 05:10 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 08 February 2022 - 04:51 PM, said:

Romana Didulo

This woman is a walking mental health crisis and always has been. Her and Randy Hillier get more and more unhinged by the day.

#773 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 08 February 2022 - 05:50 PM

I assume she's related to you somehow QT? ;)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#774 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 February 2022 - 06:01 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 08 February 2022 - 05:50 PM, said:

I assume she's related to you somehow QT? ;)

My sister would probably fit right in with her to be honest. How sad is that?

#775 User is offline   Gwynn ap Nudd 

• High Fist

Posted 10 February 2022 - 03:46 AM

The border blockades being allowed to stand is ridiculous. It is well past time for those involved to leave or be jailed.

The RCMP showed up at Coutts today to issue traffic tickets to people for leaving vehicles on the road. What is that? 24 hour notice should have been given long ago. Move your vehicle or it will be impounded and you get arrested. Any foreign funds flowing to the protestors should be seized by the government and used to offset the costs of vaccination efforts. Letting a few asshats impede the flow of goods and effect the overall economy is not acceptable.

#776 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 11 February 2022 - 02:35 PM

The border situation is absurd. I can understand the reluctance to move hard on the protestors in Ottawa because that can only end in mass arrests, court battles, and bad press no matter how it goes, but the border thing fully crosses the line from right to protest to obstruction if not outright domestic terrorism.

They are showing these idiots weakness and it is going to come back to haunt them and probably all of us and everyone with a brain can see this except, apparently, the people in charge.

#777 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 February 2022 - 08:22 PM

Oh boy, did I hear that right? The police are going to move in, in one sweeping action and remove the protesters? Uh, this could get ugly, eh?

#778 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 11 February 2022 - 10:30 PM

Injunction issued for Windsor border crossing, to take effect 7 PM.

Ionno, I think the simplest thing to do is politely take names, and then serve each adult there with a 100k fine and put a lien on everything they own, including those trucks.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#779 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 12 February 2022 - 08:36 AM

View PostMentalist, on 11 February 2022 - 10:30 PM, said:

Injunction issued for Windsor border crossing, to take effect 7 PM.

Ionno, I think the simplest thing to do is politely take names, and then serve each adult there with a 100k fine and put a lien on everything they own, including those trucks.

Alternatively, they can tear gas the area (like the RCMP are so fond of doing to indigenous land protectors in BC), kettle the protestors away from their trucks once they are running away, and have sane truck drivers open up the barricade. This is not an unsolvable problem if the police wanted to solve it.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#780 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 February 2022 - 02:08 PM

The two main Convoy organizers are fucked and both know it.

Tamara Lich seems to know she's fucked and likely going to jail.

Human Alberta-shaped Chud Pat King has dipped Ottawa and is now attempting to head to the East Coast...I expect the cops will arrest him between here and there.

If these two terrible pieces of work know the jig is up, that means Ottawa is about to get cleared over the next few days.

Share this topic:

• 47 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users