Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Icarium's rage Relates to an earlier thread

#1 User is offline   Twisty 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 January 2015 - 02:43 AM

Recently I read in a post on this site (or just maybe on the Facebook page) in which someone asked how Icarium destroys cities etc in his rage. After all, we only ever see him make some strange keening and using his sword and bow. I have an answer!

"The seven scorpion-sting thrones had once towered over the enclosure, each seventy-seven arm-spans high. Each had been shattered...by sword blows, by an unbreakable weapon in hands powered by a rage almost impossible to comprehend." DG, p.646 (Bantam MM p'back)

I thought his keening wail caused some buffeting and destruction etc, but he does simply use his sword in his rage to cause mass destruction.

#2 User is offline   Soulcrusher 

• Sergeant

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:26 AM

In one of the latter books you see more ^^

#3 User is offline   Twisty 

• Recruit

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:17 AM

Definitely true (I can't remember exactly what you're referring to, but we certainly see more), but the question of 'how does Icarium's rage = destroyed cities?' has a nice simple answer - he can do it just with a sword, building by building.

#4 User is offline   The_Blind_Scout 

• Recruit

Posted 19 January 2015 - 02:01 PM

It really tugs at the heartstrings that his rages are so intense and blind that it continues even when there's nothing, but inanimate buildings to hack into rubble, until it's extinguished.

#5 User is offline   ssaabbuu 

• Recruit

Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:21 PM

Maybe this quote helps...

"You have destroyed cities, Icarium. Once you begin killing, you cannot stop, until all before you is lifeless." Mappo,DHG

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users