• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dresden 3 (or 4) the game thread!

#261 User is offline   Venesara 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

Okay! I am here properly today, all involved and the like. I have not read the thread at all, so let me just go do that first.

#262 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:15 PM

View PostOmtose, on 15 January 2015 - 02:31 AM, said:

So Tennes has lapsed permanently into Gollum mode. Anybody else see that this ploy makes his posts deliberately difficult to understand?

Hmmm Tennes didn't we just see a post almost identical to this one? Well we are reading the thread backwards, so if one person uses a interesting sounding word he will be copied further down the thread. Snort and they wonder why we talk to ourselves.

#263 User is offline   Togg 

• Recruit

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:18 PM

Yeah you can't have been given an offer towards the end of day 1.

Vote Tennes

Because I am seriously not prepared to do another Dresden game like the last.

#264 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:18 PM

Geez, I go away for a night, and there's a whole 7 or 8 additional posts. I was worried that I had missed a bunch, but I guess not.

#265 User is offline   Omtose 

• Recruit

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:57 PM

I am getting a nasty feeling that some offer was made before NIght. How about this? Tennes style of talking immediately attracts attention and irritation upon him. People start getting suspicous like Togg or Tholen upthread or just plain mad. A Tennes lynch or an attempted Tennes lynch becomes increasingly likely. What this accomplishes is that it distracts attention from others who may have changed roles due to Night Actions. So essentially they get a free shot at a night with their new role powers and can do whatever they want. A queen sets up all of this by getting Tennes to start the Gollum act to begin with.

#266 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:15 PM

View PostOmtose, on 15 January 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

I am getting a nasty feeling that some offer was made before NIght. How about this? Tennes style of talking immediately attracts attention and irritation upon him. People start getting suspicous like Togg or Tholen upthread or just plain mad. A Tennes lynch or an attempted Tennes lynch becomes increasingly likely. What this accomplishes is that it distracts attention from others who may have changed roles due to Night Actions. So essentially they get a free shot at a night with their new role powers and can do whatever they want. A queen sets up all of this by getting Tennes to start the Gollum act to begin with.

The thing is, though, that he started the Gollum act about halfway through Day 1, not as of Day 2 like you keep saying.

#267 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:23 PM

From the posting style I would strongly suspect the style to be completely willing on the part of the alt rather than forced on them by an action

#268 User is offline   Venesara 

• Recruit

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

Okay, so I'm all caught up. And two people stand out to me, and neither is Tennes. For what it's worth, I'm enjoying the split personality RP, it's like a breath of fresh air, and makes me wish I'd thought up my own thing before beginning to post.

Anyways:

View PostRikkter, on 12 January 2015 - 11:24 PM, said:

Wait, guess not. Those pictures looked like timers from my phone.

In any case, this is a thing we should be thinking about, day one lynches being notoriously difficult to get.

I'm leaning towards Tellan, personally. Clearly a mercenary, not currently allied with anyone. Does anyone else have thoughts? Because as entertaining (or not) as you find this conversation, it isn't getting us anywhere.

Bolded part suggests that from the beginning of the game Rikkter has had a clear (non-changeable?) alliance.

View PostKorlat, on 12 January 2015 - 11:48 PM, said:

In any case, this is a thing we should be thinking about, day one lynches being notoriously difficult to get.

I'm leaning towards Tellan, personally. Clearly a mercenary, not currently allied with anyone. Does anyone else have thoughts? Because as entertaining (or not) as you find this conversation, it isn't getting us anywhere.

View PostMockra, on 12 January 2015 - 06:39 AM, said:

Hey enemies. I wish you all painful deaths.

If anyone seems to be a lone mercenary than I would pick Mockra because of that there post.

Korlat then wades into the matter, suggesting they are like Rikkter.

View PostRikkter, on 13 January 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

View PostMockra, on 13 January 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

View PostRikkter, on 12 January 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

I think Tiam's trying to tell us that we should be thinking about lynch targets.

Trying to rush a lynch with more than 24 hours left.

Wait, guess not. Those pictures looked like timers from my phone.In any case, this is a thing we should be thinking about, day one lynches being notoriously difficult to get.I'm leaning towards Tellan, personally. Clearly a mercenary, not currently allied with anyone. Does anyone else have thoughts? Because as entertaining (or not) as you find this conversation, it isn't getting us anywhere.

Not very clear to me. Also, why should the majority of the thread go after mercenaries? Don't we want the shields?

View PostRikkter, on 13 January 2015 - 12:35 AM, said:

View PostTellan, on 13 January 2015 - 12:29 AM, said:

View PostRikkter, on 13 January 2015 - 12:19 AM, said:

And we're unlikely to find out anything about changelings with you doing all the talking.
"Who wants to live forever,"You want to lynch the talkers?Vote Rikkter
Sure, if they're not talking anything useful. Vote Tellan

Wanting to lynch Tellan with no reason again. Who are you to say what they have said is useful or not?

I'm not at all trying to rush a lynch, merely suggesting that this might be a thing we should think about. I'm interested in your terminology, first I'm "fishy", then I'm "rushing a lynch". The first one is vague, the second is unfounded, and it really looks to me like you're stretching to find something to attack me for.

The mercenary comment was because it looks to me like Tellan is out to get everything he can and he'll sell himself to the highest bidder. Clearly I've been watching too much Sleepy Hollow recently, that was badly worded and I apologise. However, this is essentially a faction game, and anyone looking to switch loyalties is suspicious to me. I agree that we should be looking for shields, but so far the only mention of shields is also in relation to Tellan.

Finally, my reasoning for voting Tellan is in the second quote you posted, so I'm not sure what you mean by wanting to vote Tellan again. You're welcome to disagree with me, of course, but I found nothing useful from Tellan's fishing, and I found the sections about women in particular gross and misogynistic, and I was bored of the conversation, so I started a new one.

Why switch? Why not 'align'? Again suggesting that Rikkter has a pre-determined side they're playing on.

View PostKorlat, on 13 January 2015 - 10:50 PM, said:

I wonder what will happen if one of the queens in dead? Are they not their opposites and need each other for balance? If we get rid of one I have a feeling the other will be able to create mayhem.

Korlat came out with this post after the first vote for one of the tyrants. "Please don't vote for my ruler"?

View PostPath-Shaper, on 14 January 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

Alkend has not posted and is now mod-killed.

He was hmqb, and a dickbag for not posting in a dresden game.

Alkend was aligned with Summer at the time of his death.

Shield potentially down. Is it worth trying a lynch on Summer today?

I will

Vote Rikkter

now, but I am open to trying a lynch on Summer after Alkend's modkill.

#269 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:41 PM

Hrmmmm, that's a nice case. Add to the fact that he mentions that someone is clearly a mercenary, when there is absolutely no mention of mercenaries in the OP (at least none that I can see), and the 'he who mentions a role must have that role' rule makes me weary of him.

I'll play along. It's certainly got more meat than my dislike for Tennes.

Remove vote
vote Rikkter

#270 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:07 PM

Tennes? Yes I am getting the nasty feeling that there are a lot of people playing who have serious reading comprehension failures. Oh I agree completely Tennes. Although this is a new idea with an offer being made before night. In deed it is the kind of thing that we can't really defend against because it is based on pure and simple unsubstantiated speculation. Oh you mean like our idea that the only day that the queens might not have any guards would be day 1. Exactly like that. So he is suggesting that there is an off thread coms or that roles could be handed out before night 1. Never mind that there was a greater chance that our idea of the queens vulnerability could pay off. I feel that there is some serious traction from some of the queens forces starting to get arraigned against us.

I agree. It is actually nice to see that way we can start to point out whom is what.

#271 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:21 PM

View PostVenesara, on 15 January 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

Okay, so I'm all caught up. And two people stand out to me, and neither is Tennes. For what it's worth, I'm enjoying the split personality RP, it's like a breath of fresh air, and makes me wish I'd thought up my own thing before beginning to post.

Anyways:

Bolded part suggests that from the beginning of the game Rikkter has had a clear (non-changeable?) alliance.

View PostKorlat, on 12 January 2015 - 11:48 PM, said:

View PostMockra, on 12 January 2015 - 06:39 AM, said:

Hey enemies. I wish you all painful deaths.

If anyone seems to be a lone mercenary than I would pick Mockra because of that there post.

Korlat then wades into the matter, suggesting they are like Rikkter.

View PostRikkter, on 13 January 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

View PostMockra, on 13 January 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

View PostRikkter, on 12 January 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

I think Tiam's trying to tell us that we should be thinking about lynch targets.

Trying to rush a lynch with more than 24 hours left.

Wait, guess not. Those pictures looked like timers from my phone.In any case, this is a thing we should be thinking about, day one lynches being notoriously difficult to get.I'm leaning towards Tellan, personally. Clearly a mercenary, not currently allied with anyone. Does anyone else have thoughts? Because as entertaining (or not) as you find this conversation, it isn't getting us anywhere.

Not very clear to me. Also, why should the majority of the thread go after mercenaries? Don't we want the shields?

View PostRikkter, on 13 January 2015 - 12:35 AM, said:

View PostTellan, on 13 January 2015 - 12:29 AM, said:

View PostRikkter, on 13 January 2015 - 12:19 AM, said:

And we're unlikely to find out anything about changelings with you doing all the talking.
"Who wants to live forever,"You want to lynch the talkers?Vote Rikkter
Sure, if they're not talking anything useful. Vote Tellan

Wanting to lynch Tellan with no reason again. Who are you to say what they have said is useful or not?

I'm not at all trying to rush a lynch, merely suggesting that this might be a thing we should think about. I'm interested in your terminology, first I'm "fishy", then I'm "rushing a lynch". The first one is vague, the second is unfounded, and it really looks to me like you're stretching to find something to attack me for.

The mercenary comment was because it looks to me like Tellan is out to get everything he can and he'll sell himself to the highest bidder. Clearly I've been watching too much Sleepy Hollow recently, that was badly worded and I apologise. However, this is essentially a faction game, and anyone looking to switch loyalties is suspicious to me. I agree that we should be looking for shields, but so far the only mention of shields is also in relation to Tellan.

Finally, my reasoning for voting Tellan is in the second quote you posted, so I'm not sure what you mean by wanting to vote Tellan again. You're welcome to disagree with me, of course, but I found nothing useful from Tellan's fishing, and I found the sections about women in particular gross and misogynistic, and I was bored of the conversation, so I started a new one.

Why switch? Why not 'align'? Again suggesting that Rikkter has a pre-determined side they're playing on.

View PostKorlat, on 13 January 2015 - 10:50 PM, said:

I wonder what will happen if one of the queens in dead? Are they not their opposites and need each other for balance? If we get rid of one I have a feeling the other will be able to create mayhem.

Korlat came out with this post after the first vote for one of the tyrants. "Please don't vote for my ruler"?

View PostPath-Shaper, on 14 January 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

Alkend has not posted and is now mod-killed.

He was hmqb, and a dickbag for not posting in a dresden game.

Alkend was aligned with Summer at the time of his death.

Shield potentially down. Is it worth trying a lynch on Summer today?

I will

Vote Rikkter

now, but I am open to trying a lynch on Summer after Alkend's modkill.

That is actually a well pointed out case. We are will to see where it goes. I agree that...Whooo there.. Sorry Tennes! We agree since summer is weak that a culture hunt for them would be fun.

We shall hold off on voting though as people always find it suspicious when a sudden train builds up. Tennes? Yes? I think that they find it suspicious because of the lack of reading comprehension. Your right Tennes, there has already been shown a complete lack of reading comprehension so that isn't a stretch.

#272 User is offline   Pallid 

• Recruit

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:42 PM

HENCEFORTH TENNES SHALL REFER TO HIMSELF ONLY IN FIRST PERSON IN HIS POSTS, AND I HEREBY CURE HIS MULTIPLE PERSONALITY SYNDROME, SO HE SHALL NOT WASTE ANYONES TIME WITH MULTIPLE TENNESES CRAP

Edited to fix bolding error

This post has been edited by Pallid: 15 January 2015 - 04:43 PM

#273 User is offline   Pallid 

• Recruit

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:43 PM

Also, good morning, peasants

#274 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:05 PM

View PostPallid, on 15 January 2015 - 04:42 PM, said:

HENCEFORTH TENNES SHALL REFER TO HIMSELF ONLY IN FIRST PERSON IN HIS POSTS, AND I HEREBY CURE HIS MULTIPLE PERSONALITY SYNDROME, SO HE SHALL NOT WASTE ANYONES TIME WITH MULTIPLE TENNESES CRAP

Edited to fix bolding error

Hmm. Well I don't think I like that at all. I mean what did I ever do to you. Are you so insecure about losing a member of your team and a summer hunt that how I am posting is get to you. Well I don't like that at all. Nope I don't like it one bit. But not to worry. I think that since I am creative when it comes to unique posting I can find a way to make it work. I think that if you had an irritating time reading my posts before it is only going to get worse. This reminds me of the rule of unintended consequences. I know that you know of the thing that happens when you do something to stop one thing and then mexicans are bringing a ton of drugs across the border. Speaking of mexicans do you think that they are more of a summer people or winter people. I know that since
Spoiler
there has been a bunch of recruitment going on down in the southern hemisphere. I know that you know what they say about a power vacuum. If there is one then it will get filled.

Now back to business. I like cake. Really I like it too. Well fancy that. I also like pie. OOhhhh pie. You know I had a smore's pie that was simply brilliant. Really, I think that I would like to make one of those. I was going to this weekend. The pie place released a cook book and it was in there. You know I really like a good graham cracker crust. I like those too. I can also make a good deconstructed chicken pot pie. Really? Yes, I got the recipe out of a Gordan Ramsey cook book. Ohhh I liked the british version of his shows. Yeah the American sucks ass.

I think that I can do this pretty well. I think so too.

#275 User is offline   Pallid 

• Recruit

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:15 PM

Frankly, I was getting a headache. I can live with regualr babbling nonsense, but the 2 person dialogue was too much. Also, reading nested quotes on my phone wasn't helping.
But hey, if you really want to be that annoying, you can probably ask Winter to mess with you.

#276 User is offline   Tellan 

• Recruit

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:27 PM

Tennes is right you know. Right about what? Wait, who are you? I'm Tennes. No, I'm Tellan. Yes you are Tellan but now you're Tennes too. I got myself ordered to shut up and I don't like shutting up so I came over here. You were right next door alphabetically speaking. You're losing track of the point Tellan, Tennes is right. Ok, I'll play long for the moment so long as you don't start calling yourself Tellan. So Tennes how come Tennes is saying you're right?

#277 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:32 PM

View PostPallid, on 15 January 2015 - 05:15 PM, said:

Frankly, I was getting a headache. I can live with regualr babbling nonsense, but the 2 person dialogue was too much. Also, reading nested quotes on my phone wasn't helping.
But hey, if you really want to be that annoying, you can probably ask Winter to mess with you.

Oh but I think that your going to be my special toy for the day. I think that it should be also! It? Don't you mean she? No it would only be a she if it was human. Since it isn't human then it should technically be an it. Yeah I don't think that it works that way. See what I did there. Yes I did, why not? Well a dog isn't human right? Right? But you still call the female a bitch right. Well I don't but I understand what your saying. I don't call the bitch a she though, I call the bitch either a good girl or her. Isn't her the same thing as she? It is a respect thing. Ahhh. I think your stupid. Well that is an opinion, obviously I don't think that. Me, myself and I. Huh what? That is how I have to talk to me now. Really? Yep. Well then myself and me are going to have fun. I gets pissy if he is left out. Well I wouldn't want that would I. Harhar me is a riot.

#278 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:37 PM

View PostTellan, on 15 January 2015 - 05:27 PM, said:

Tennes is right you know. Right about what? Wait, who are you? I'm Tennes. No, I'm Tellan. Yes you are Tellan but now you're Tennes too. I got myself ordered to shut up and I don't like shutting up so I came over here. You were right next door alphabetically speaking. You're losing track of the point Tellan, Tennes is right. Ok, I'll play long for the moment so long as you don't start calling yourself Tellan. So Tennes how come Tennes is saying you're right?

Ohhh me look at that. Ohh I am myself and he might want to talk to someone about that. I agree completely. That could speak to all kinds of mental issue. Wait who is right me,myself, or I? Obviously I am. What? Why? Cause I was the one who said it! What I what are you right about? Shuss I don't know. But I know that I was right. Myself and me disagree. Of course I expected nothing less.

#279 User is offline   Tellan 

• Recruit

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:37 PM

You hit submit Tellan so I'm assuming you're asking the real Tennes why the hallucination Tennes is telling Tellan that the real Tennes is right. Tellan, you maybe should have asked Tennes about that instead of Tennes. Now the whole thread knows about Tennes and even Tennes might be confused about what he's right about. That's the plan Tennes. If you're really Tennes then Tennes will know what he's right about and will tell me himself. Then I ask you what you mean by Tennes is right, I'll compare the answers and voila, I'll know if you're really Tennes. Because we agree Tellan? Because you agree Tennes. Tellan if I'm a fake then why would reveal myself by giving a different answer than Tennes? Well, if you give a different answer than him I'll know you're really not Tenn....oh. I did that backwards didn't I Tennes? Yes Tellan you did. That's such a dumb fucktard move I might move down the alphabet a bit farther.

#280 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:40 PM

Myself and Me know what you are right about I. Ohh thank god, what? The Smore's pie. Well obviously. I was hoping that I was right about something else as well. No me and myself don't think that is possible. Well I think that I might be.

Share this topic:

• 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users