Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Questions regarding the timeline

#1 User is offline   Klootviool 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:40 PM

So i've just finished Memories of Ice (which left me emotionally devastated) and have a few questions about the timeline. I'm pretty sure most of the data is giving in the books but since I'm using an audiobook instead of a regular book i can't really look back for some information.
Here are my questions:

1. How many years before the current story did the Cripple God fall from where ever he came?

2. When did the scene between the Elder gods and Kallor occur?

3. How long ago did the Tiste Andii leave Mother Dark/ how long have they been on the world where the story takes place?

4. How many years ago did the Gods from the deck of dragons take over from the Elder gods?

5. Did the wolf gods preceed the elder gods? I remember hearing something about this but i'm not sure.

I hope you guys can answer this for me because i'm afraid to look it up somewhere on the internet where i might see spoilers.

Also, Seguleh OP, please nerf

#2 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:16 PM

View PostKlootviool, on 19 November 2014 - 09:40 PM, said:

1. How many years before the current story did the Cripple God fall from where ever he came?

About 100 000 years.

2. When did the scene between the Elder gods and Kallor occur?

A few years/decades after the CG fell.

3. How long ago did the Tiste Andii leave Mother Dark/ how long have they been on the world where the story takes place?

A vague estimate is about 300 000 years prior to the main events of the series.

4. How many years ago did the Gods from the deck of dragons take over from the Elder gods?

It was a lengthy and ambiguous transition.

5. Did the wolf gods preceed the elder gods? I remember hearing something about this but i'm not sure.

Togg certainly thinks that he existed before the Elder Gods. Of course, that does not necessarily mean he was worshipped or powerful before they existed, just that he existed first.

On the other hand, many of the Elder Gods appear to have come from some other world(s), while Togg is of 'this' world (aka "Wu"). So if an Elder God was born/created first, then Togg was born/created, and then the EG came to Wu, would Togg still think he was older?

I hope you guys can answer this for me because i'm afraid to look it up somewhere on the internet where i might see spoilers.

Good call. And we're glad to!

Now I'm daydreaming about Seguleh with nerf guns.

And it is awesome.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3 User is offline   Tru 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:29 AM

I expect you will be making this request several more times on a number of characters before the series is over. :-P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users