• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tiste Andii family tree inconsistencies

#21 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:37 PM

Adapted the spoiler tag, hopefully it encompasses the spoiler-sensitive bit fuller now. My apologies.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#22 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:01 PM

Spoiler edit is appreciated, but it's probably actually best not to mention it at all, even under Spoiler tags, for the Reaper's Gale forum. It serves absolutely no purpose for people who are at this point in the series. At bare minimum you should mention which book you are spoiling.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#23 User is offline   BellaGrace 

• Witness

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:40 PM

Oh man, now I'm dying to know what Gorefest said...but I didn't click it. I would like to know what book it's spoiling so I can come back later and read what he/she said...

EDIT... i have really bad self control ... it's taunting me to click it... "hey read me, you won't be sorry"....

This post has been edited by BellaGrace: 20 November 2014 - 09:43 PM

I, a universe of atoms, an atom in the universe.
Richard P. Feynman

#24 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:01 PM

Forge of Darkness. Do not click it.

#25 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:53 AM

My bad, I thought it was already made clear way before that (and even before RG) in the main MBotF arc.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#26 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:01 PM

In my search for something totally different, I came across this thread... so here goes the resurrection!

You don't have to look far in the real world to find similar seeming inconsistencies where the usage of family tie words is concerned...

Think of the Christian religion where 'our Father who art in heaven' does not refer to a biological father and where followers will call each other 'brother' or 'sister' in reference to their shared faith in this non-biological father. Then there are the priests, monks, nuns etc. who are referred to as fathers, brothers and sisters or mothers and who might refer to a believer as 'child'.

There is the expression 'son' not un-commonly used by older chaps addressing much younger males in that way although they are not at all related.

The elderly often put up with being called 'granddad' or 'granny' by total strangers.

Sometimes people refer to someone as a true son or daughter of their heart to indicate that whilst the person in question is not a real son or daughter, they feel so connected that they think of them that way.

The word 'cousin' is often used to describe anyone with the slightest family tie where the 'son-of-the-daughter-of-the-sister-of-the-father-of-the- etc... just becomes to much to work out.

For all the above examples (and the many hints from all the books), I believe that the Tiste relationships do have a logical and consistent explanation.

I am also convinced that SE deliberately inserts cases of 'Chinese whisper' and people believing in the wrong facts into the books. One of the most tragic ones being when Pearl believes Lostara to be dead and bases his actions on that belief. In that case we knew what had really happened, in other cases, we are as much left in the dark as the participants because we too, only know the story from one side.

#27 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:49 PM

Yes brother, you are right.

#28 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:51 PM

You forgot to include Hulkamaniacs.

#29 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:23 AM

It's Axelmaniacs now.

#30 User is offline   heavymetaltroll 

• Sergeant

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:19 AM

View PostGorefest, on 10 March 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

It's Axelmaniacs now.

What cha gunna do Brother, what cha guna do when Axelmania runs wild over you!
#oftenimitatednevereliminated

#31 User is offline   Tru 

• Sergeant

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:16 PM

There are two Hulks...David and Bruce Banner are identical 2nd cousins thrice removed who share the same half Hulk of a Mutha, but neither will acknowledge the others existence.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users