Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mighty or Not? Toblakai please.

#1 User is offline   ginfish 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:35 AM

Now that i just finished Midnight Tides (first read), i'm just left to wonder... Who's stronger here? Karsa or the Toblakai gods? Also, are they actual gods?

I just... i don't even...

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:16 AM

They are actual gods, and I'm gonna guess collectively they are stronger than Karsa, but as of House of Chains Karsa is already smarter than these gods and that is a distinct advantage.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   Vaddon Ra 

• Fist

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:44 PM

View Postginfish, on 30 October 2014 - 12:35 AM, said:

Now that i just finished Midnight Tides (first read), i'm just left to wonder... Who's stronger here? Karsa or the Toblakai gods? Also, are they actual gods?

I just... i don't even...

Karsa would spank them all to death... We have no real reasons to believe this... But in HOC he kills, for fun, demon dogs... in DG he kills, for fun, Soletaken MEGA BEARZ and... well... you know... He's Karsa Orlong aint he :D "Ignorance Honed into a weapon"

#4 User is offline   Vaddon Ra 

• Fist

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:46 PM

Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh

and in HOC he faces down what, are also technically, T'lan Imass dogs of his village and they are all like, "oh no, please don't-"

so he beats them up anyway :D

I believe Steven Erikson would have Karsa punch them all out, because he seems to have a super soft spot for His Toblakai

#5 User is offline   Tiam is an Imploding Unit 

• Recruit

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:12 PM

You could always say the gods are weak after millennia trapped underground with no air to breathe and aching joints from not moving. Maybe.

It's not like that's been a factor in these books. ;)

#6 User is offline   Mist 

• Corporal

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:54 AM

I dond think these Toblakai Gods are at the same level as other gods we have seen in the books. I think they are probably minor Gods or Toblakai ascendants that can't match in power other Gods such as Mael, cotilion or other ascendants as Anomander.

#7 User is offline   Lycaenion 

• Captain

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:48 AM

Um, weren't the Toblakai gods actually non-Toblakai? Can we really refer to them as Toblakai gods?
Be Your Own Hero

#8 User is offline   Mist 

• Corporal

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:31 PM

Vaddon, I think Karsa is a real tough one, especially now that he has ascended and has an invested bone sword, but remember that he has also bean beatten several times: Calm, the bridgeburner mage when he is caught, keeper... He is now evolved to a more experienced and complex caracther, making one of the most powerful swordmans in Malazan world... But I still think there are others that would manage him.

Lycaenion, the Toblakai Gods from MT are definetly Toblakai, but if you mean the ones in HoC, thir nature was T'lan Imass, i think these have something to do with the CG.

#9 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:34 PM

View PostMist, on 31 July 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

Vaddon, I think Karsa is a real tough one, especially now that he has ascended and has an invested bone sword, but remember that he has also bean beatten several times: Calm, the bridgeburner mage when he is caught, keeper... He is now evolved to a more experienced and complex caracther, making one of the most powerful swordmans in Malazan world... But I still think there are others that would manage him.

Lycaenion, the Toblakai Gods from MT are definetly Toblakai, but if you mean the ones in HoC, thir nature was T'lan Imass, i think these have something to do with the CG.

Karsa has a stone sword, not a bone sword. I think Calm took him out so easily because he was young, inexperienced, and had no idea about how dangerous an FA was.

The MT Toblakai were ascendant Toblakai.

#10 User is offline   Jaime Lannister 

• Recruit

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:16 PM

View PostAndorion, on 31 July 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

I think Calm took him out so easily because he was young, inexperienced, and had no idea about how dangerous an FA was.

This. Most importantly, she took him by surprise. They had just freed her and had no reason to expect an attack -- he was actually in mid-sentence when she struck him.

This post has been edited by Jaime Lannister: 31 July 2015 - 03:20 PM

#11 User is offline   Mist 

• Corporal

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:22 PM

yes, a stone sword. And I agree he was not ready for Calm's reaction. As mentioned before, Karsa is one of the toughest carachters in the books.

#12 User is offline   Herrick The Younger 

• Corporal

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:46 AM

Ublala Pung held his own against these gods armed only with a fucking tree branch. I think he also killed one of them, so I don't think they're that powerful. Then again, they were imprisoned in an Azath so they should be like living nukes or something. Perhaps Ublala Pung is much more powerful than he appeared to be.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users